project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Rapid12
Default How to Auto Join

Hi, can anyone tell me how to put a server on Auto Join so I can join when a free slot becomes free?

Cheers
Rapid12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Rapid12
Default Re: How to Auto Join

Apologies, I've sussed it. Staring me in the face all this time.
Rapid12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
SShadowFox

SShadowFox's Avatar
Default Re: How to Auto Join

Click in the server you want, then click in server info, then click in auto-deploy and the server's max player count, then just need to wait...
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
KiloJules

KiloJules's Avatar
Default Re: How to Auto Join

I'll just add this as it took me long enough to finally get this:

If you want to auto-join a server that has no reserved slots (e.g.CIA) you type in 64...not 63 as I always thought - lol. I just always thought I put the number the server should have when I wanted to join. So on a 64 I put 63 and on e.g. NwA I put 61 as that would mean 1 free slot.
That is obviously wrong and like I said it took me long enough.

Keep in mind: If you are not running in windowed mode you can not Alt+Tab while auto deploying...or better you can but you wont auto deploy when doing so. Since BF2 pauses on Alt+Tab nothing is trying to deploy in the background.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KiloJules is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
fillsson

fillsson's Avatar
Default Re: How to Auto Join

The best way to do it, although it gets annoying after a while, is to click the server you wanna join and then click the server below in the list and keep on doing that really fast. This way it keeps refreshing only those two servers. And most of the time you actually get in faster than the guys on auto join. Because they refresh every 5 secs, you'll refresh every 1 sec That is if you have the patience to sit and click like that.
Also you need to be quick and double click the server once a slot becomes available.
fillsson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
Stemplus

Stemplus's Avatar
Default Re: How to Auto Join

@Fillson

+1

Although Auto-join is very usefull. I.e. if you go eat/go to the toilet, and you want to have the game loaded then you can just set auto-join, turn the screen off, keep the game running and do what you were suppost to do. After 10 minutes there is a 75% chance that you will be already loaded in in the server


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stemplus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
[R-DEV]AncientMan
PR:BF2 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

[R-DEV]AncientMan's Avatar
Default Re: How to Auto Join

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloJules View Post
I'll just add this as it took me long enough to finally get this:

If you want to auto-join a server that has no reserved slots (e.g.CIA) you type in 64...not 63 as I always thought - lol. I just always thought I put the number the server should have when I wanted to join. So on a 64 I put 63 and on e.g. NwA I put 61 as that would mean 1 free slot.
That is obviously wrong and like I said it took me long enough.

Keep in mind: If you are not running in windowed mode you can not Alt+Tab while auto deploying...or better you can but you wont auto deploy when doing so. Since BF2 pauses on Alt+Tab nothing is trying to deploy in the background.
No. You only need to manually type in the max players if the server has a different max players as to what is reported. A classic example was TG, when although it was a 64 player server, there were only 62 public slots. So since it was different, you would have to manually type in 62. If the server doesn't have any reserved slots, just leave it empty and it'll work off what the server reports.

Saves you typing 2 characters . Go efficiency!

One of these days I'll implement a proper join queue so it's all fair and stuff and work a whole lot better, but for now the 5 second refresh time will have to do.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]AncientMan is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Re: How to Auto Join

I have a better idea AM, how about the normal join process is disabled and you are only to join through auto-deploy, coupled with queue and better refresh its a fair deal to everyone.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #9
KillJoy[Fr]

KillJoy[Fr]'s Avatar
Default Re: How to Auto Join

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillsson View Post
The best way to do it, although it gets annoying after a while, is to click the server you wanna join and then click the server below in the list and keep on doing that really fast. This way it keeps refreshing only those two servers. And most of the time you actually get in faster than the guys on auto join. Because they refresh every 5 secs, you'll refresh every 1 sec That is if you have the patience to sit and click like that.
Also you need to be quick and double click the server once a slot becomes available.
Haha same tips of me !

Au dela du possible ...
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:22 AM   #10
[R-DEV]AncientMan
PR:BF2 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

[R-DEV]AncientMan's Avatar
Default Re: How to Auto Join

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
I have a better idea AM, how about the normal join process is disabled and you are only to join through auto-deploy, coupled with queue and better refresh its a fair deal to everyone.
Didn't I just say that? That's the idea anyway...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]AncientMan is online now Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
auto, join
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.