project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Rapid12
Default Forgive me Father for I have sinned

Forgive me Father (CIA) for I have sinned, it's been 10 hours since my last confession.

While enjoying a round on CIA Kokan & Napalm, I found myself on a TOW with a great perspective of our surrounds. After hearing and spotting an enemy tank, I killed it and its occupants with one shot, a distance shot.

Minutes later an enemy chopper is spotted on the horizon before dropping behind the tree-line, only for another chopper to reappear out of the trees. Thinking it the same enemy chopper, and with a trigger happy hand, I fired the TOW and killed the chopper.

At that moment it became clear I made a huge error in the fact I'd just took down our own chopper. I couldn't apologise enough on written chat, while my squad mates laughed oh so loud at my massive blunder.

My pleas of penance were ignored as I was kicked from the server for 1 minute, but due to the server's popularity I was unable to re-enter.

So, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to the deceased in the chopper, and due to my kick, I didn't know how many I killed, so sincere sorriness from me. Also, much sorriness to those who may have been waiting for vital supplies from the doomed chopper.

I'm embarrassed at this blunder, it's worse than the time when I shoot a medic in the face while he was healing me.

So please CIA admins, you're my only playable server at the times I come home from work (3-4AM UK time), and often, as a taxi driver, I've just come off a rough shift taking shit off drunk and drugged up people. If I feck up again, please don't kick me, though a feck-up to that magnitude does pretty much deserve a kick. It wasn't intentional, well it was obviously, but in a friendly fire way, it just had more negative consequences than a standard FF.

Much love to you and your server guys, it's the highlight of my weekends and midweeks, if I manage to get into the thing.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
CanuckCommander

Default Re: Forgive me Father for I have sinned

I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume this is a joke. If so, lol.

If this was not a joke, then "overly-dramatic much?" Next time, just turn on auto-connect, go get a drink or take a piss, and you'll be back in the server in no time. Probably less time than you had to use to write this thread. Usually accidents happen and they are forgiven, but CIA is known to have sometimes impulsive admins. An admin was probably in that chopper that you shot down. CIA's admins are impulsive, but at least they are not total uptight dicks because they usually don't punish players too harshly. Hence, you only got a kick, whereas on some other servers you may have gotten a temp ban or worse.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
velocity
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to velocity Send a message via Skype™ to velocity

It's okay, I still love you.

Even though I have never seen you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
*NwA*Orford

If any server would of given you a ban for that. Most server admins faced with such a funny and polite ban appeal would of removed the ban with out hesataion.

Its alot better then the lies and BS server admins have to deal with 90% of the time. Makes a change from, my little brother was using my PC, or my cat jumped on my lap.

Made me smile reading it, also the uptight reply.

Next time though have a look for the server feedback thread CIA have one a bit further down on the main forum page.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
Rapid12

Thanks for the nice replies guys.

Canuck, for the love of God, please tell me how to activate 'auto-connect'?

I've lived the last few months in frustration of losing the race for 64th spot in K&N, some nights I've even had to play BF3 due to not securing a spot.

I'm going to love auto-connect.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
PRICHM

It sucks to mess up.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Thermis
PR:BF2 Developer

First, I'm not liking the joke.

Second, this isn't the place to complain about servers. Or ask for ban appeals, do so on the server's website.

Locked.
Closed Thread

Tags
father, forgive, sinned