project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default TART - What was wrong?

Hello all! I would like to ask everyone here what they think was wrong with the previous TART.

And what they can improve.

The CO signups and TART Announcment will come soon, but before we start id like to just get some ideas on what you all want.

For those who dont know what TART is, its a Tournament hosted and organized by Me. We are changing the setup abit, and I just want to check if the new organization is appropriate.

Check out the website: TART - Teamwork and Reality Tournament

It is a PRBF2 Tournament, with its roots from the PRT.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
CopyCat

Default Re: TART - What was wrong?

Wicca you removed all access and permissions on TART forum where we already discussed all plus and minus, why do you bother starting new one ? Now I gotta remember and right up all that things

/CC
CopyCat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
Pesticide
Supporting Member

what do you think was wrong wicca ? Maybe this offers a better base for debate then me just slurring accusations on chain of command and inefficiencies from my limited view as grunt on the losing team.

And before anyone mentions the squad system, remember, if you never try something new, mods like pr would never have existed...

Proud member of Forgotten Honor Tournament.

Broadcasting PR live from big servers every week
Pesticide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
CopyCat

First of not reaching maximum capacity of players, I was really disappointed when I joined and found out there is barely 32vs32. Solution? Don't start the tournament with half ready, half size and stressed out teams. Rather wait then end up like last time, or if you find it that it takes too long to reach 64vs64 in each team (+reserves) at least don't start 'til we have over 40 - 45 players in each team. Last battles when 1 team had double the size of the others teams players it was just sad playing... Don't play at all then and for all players who have or will participate next time, promote and encourage others to join the tournament, bring all the people in community, and your friends - This tournament is really good kick off for a insight of how PR should be played, no matter the outcome. And don't be afraid to join it, you'll get more friends in there then you already have

I can't speak for my teams Chain of Command (MULE) but I know for sure we had both good boys and bad boys in our officer staff But we succeeded to keep a high quality of team spirit. And by the way, no offense but every team/clan/army has shitty Chain of Commands, so just get used to it, or if you want to improve, help out

Announcement for upcoming battles is kind of late when looking back on previous battles, shape up!

Discipline and behavior should be improved in both teams, Who cares if you're leet, bad ass, famous, troll person or any kind of that stuff, behave people. During trainings, deployment phase (before battle start) or any kind of gathering all officers and admins should supervise the behavior of all players, no matter what team, platoon or squad you belong to - if you're grunt, act like it (sit still and shut the fuck up 'til someone tells you otherwise) and if you're officer and doing trolling, the punishment should be twice harsh then for a grunt. It's easy as A&B - 1,2,3, Don't like it, leave it!?

I'll probably come up with more (I just forgot what I've wrote in last forum) and I would like to see what others have to add.

/CC
Last edited by CopyCat; 07-26-2012 at 06:03 PM..
Old 07-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
PFunk

One of the biggest issues was how long sign ups went without any activity. I think we never approached 'max' capacity and then a lot of the people we did have just lost interest.

CORD had one commander basically not there after the week before the first battle meaning we had one commander for the longest time until I was bumped up to be a CO.

I think momentum is important. I also think that 128 players is a really tricky thing to pull off and there was perhaps too much casual on the fly thinking during Tart 2 for that to work.

I think if you want to make another go of it with more than 64 players total, you need to not be at the mercy of the numbers issue. The simplest solution to that in my mind is that you just have a maximum number of players that you constantly increase in proportional increments.

-Start with a set sign up period, say maybe 2 weeks, well advertized in advance to ensure good interest, and with a minimum goal of reaching teams in size that are equivalent to a reliable 32 vs 32 player match every 2 weeks (I think in the old PRT days this amounted to an upper maximum of 55 per team or so total roster).
-Next have already developed a kind of staged increased max team size in mind, figuring for how the admin and players think that you can increase roster team sizes in order to increase in server team sizes without creating a heavily imbalanced battle day turn out (like to prevent a 27 vs 41). This would involve carefully keeping track of current team roster sizes, the reliability of day by day attendance, and then controlling how on going sign ups must be directed to keep both teams roughly equivalent so that one team cannot simply get a huge influx of players that would imbalance things.
-Overall have a very direct and constantly probing relationship between admin and commanders to ensure that the functioning of the teams is going as the admin see fit rather than going on trust that everything is A-okay.

[PR]NATO|P*Funk

PFunk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
DoRn

Said it in on the Tart board, saying it here: CC is right!
Organisation was a mess, Chain of Command was a mess.
And ofc Teamstacking.
DoRn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

How can we improve Organization Chain of Command and Teamstacking?

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
Arnoldio
Banned

Improve organisation by simplifying stuff, on forums and in game. If you have to apply in 19875 threads to get into a squad, its tedious.
Chain of command was a mess because of the big squads on CORD and SLs being inactive, lots of changes etc. I dont see that as a eprmanent problem, just happened that way.
Team stacking. I did tell you that people could sign up in a general pool of players, then be randomly split dispersed in two teams when it fills up. Some might land in with their friends, some not, but that makes it interesting and you meet new people, see how they play etc, and frendly rivalrly would bring out the best in everyone not clans sticking together like little bitches.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
Cossack
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack

SET IT ON AUTUMN-WINTER TIME, not when people have finals on spring to do. <- this very important.

Cossack is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #10
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
I did tell you that people could sign up in a general pool of players, then be randomly split dispersed in two teams when it fills up. Some might land in with their friends, some not, but that makes it interesting and you meet new people, see how they play etc, and frendly rivalrly would bring out the best in everyone not clans sticking together like little bitches.
God how I want to see this.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
tart, wrong