project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 03:23 AM   #151
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole
Default Re: TART - What was wrong?

Vicious, you might have a point buried somewhere in all of the ranting and the mad, but with that attitude its difficult to know or care. Either take a deep breath and chill out, or leave the discussion because you are adding next to nothing.

Also what Cossack said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack112 View Post
Jesus man, have ever thought how its in rest of the World? Maybe the tourney is WORLDWIDE?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For Aiur
Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #152
Vicious302
Banned

I don't know why by complaining about the time, somehow I'm not being considerate of the fact that it's worldwide. 10/10 people who see me complaining about the battletime think I'm trying to have the battle time CHANGED when I really want it EXPANDED,why is no one getting that point?

1 round @ 64 players = a 64 player tournament, so I have no Idea why your bringing this conversation here, if you have a problem finding 64 players, just shut down shop, but by your arrogant attitude of "we've got everything under control" I don't think you need the conversation, so what is the point of this? What have you gained if not to just show everyone you really don't care about anyone else's opinions?

People always take issue with me personally because they can't think of anything to say about the points that I'm making. That's lame. I'm not attacking anyone personally and I don't think everyone is nerds, except those on the east coast USA who miss out on their Saturday evenings because they are sitting around waiting for a 3 hour battle that cuts right through the midddle of your day and night. This isn't the case for europeans who can do this right after lunch or west coasters who can do this right after dinner, and not have their day cut in half. If nerds is an offensive statement to you, I feel sorry for you, but if I'm cutting my day in half to play a 3 hour video game I consider myself nerding out. I don't know why anyone else wouldn't proclaim their nerdiness with pride and not all this "attitude" business.
Last edited by Vicious302; 08-10-2012 at 04:56 AM..
Old 08-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #153
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious302 View Post
People always take issue with me personally because they can't think of anything to say about the points that I'm making.
What happens is that you try to impose your thoughts in the same fashion of a Rome emperor. If you can't see that it gets you into unnecessary conflicts and adds chaos to the point you're trying to make, then you will continue to be ignored and shoved aside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #154
Vicious302
Banned

Oh yes I recall many roman emporers suggesting their ideas through open public forums. Why yes I do see the resmemblance. Are you serious? Impose? Impose what? I don't have that power.
Vicious302 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #155
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquiller

Geez, seeing just a glimpse of this thread makes me think staying out of TART was a great idea.
Aquiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #156
Raic

Quote:
Oh yes I recall many roman emporers suggesting their ideas through open public forums. Why yes I do see the resmemblance. Are you serious? Impose? Impose what? I don't have that power.
You are a little difficult to understand and second you really seem to not understand that we don't want to play couple matches, I said before one can take up to 4 hours. Not interested in playing it twice. Time is set, because it allows the most people possible to play with some inconvenience to everyone. Cannot give perfect time for everyone when we get players from across the globe. 1 match, every two-weeks. This is more of playing a sport and playing a game, realize that. If you have ideas how to do that better, please share. Don't ask to do something completely different, its not what players in this Tournament want.

New announcement on TART, more coming on Monday. Officers prepare to signup.
Raic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #157
Vicious302
Banned

Sports have multiple teams and play every week, you can't simply take one aspect of sports and try and relate what your trying to do with that. Why only 2 teams? Why not every week? Sports teams also carry over leadership and build reputation, ways of doing things, and our responsible for their own success or demise where you have taken on that role but only halfway. I don't think trying to balance the two is going to work as well as having teams run themselves would.

What your doing is more like a hall of fame game and everyone knows the players dont take those seriously.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #158
MaxBooZe
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxBooZe

Quote:
Sports have multiple teams and play every week, you can't simply take one aspect of sports and try and relate what your trying to do with that. Why only 2 teams? Why not every week? Sports teams also carry over leadership and build reputation, ways of doing things, and our responsible for their own success or demise where you have taken on that role but only halfway. I don't think trying to balance the two is going to work as well as having teams run themselves would.

What your doing is more like a hall of fame game and everyone knows the players dont take those seriously.
I see what you are getting at now. There are just 2 problems with that.

There was already a problem trying to fill the teams that they had, so they really cannot go about filling other teams to fight on different days, simply put: There are not enough players to have such a wide variety of playing styles or to play over such lenghty periods of time. They'd end up with a 20 v 20 game. I understand this is how the F|H tournaments are played (FH/FH2) but the gameplay/gamestyle allows for that, in PR some commanders want to make elaborate plans others just go with it.

Besides sports have multiple teams this is true, they however do only play once a week tops anyway, so I don't really think that is a fitting comparison. The teams are run by themselves. What are you trying to say, your posts are seriously confusing.

MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #159
Vicious302
Banned

I feel that many clans and communities do not get involved because they know the problems that come along with a tournament and they are looking for something different before they sign up.

Give clans and communities an areana to compete and they will come to sign up. If things are going to be run like sports teams, let them have the honor and prestige that comes with a sports team. No sports teams are put together by the same organization that makes the rules and oversees the gameplay. Let them feel apart of something more permanent than a handful of battles strung out over a couple months.

Baseball, Hockey, and Basketball play multiple games a week so I think what you mean to say is not that sports are played no more often than once a week but no LESS than once a week, unless your talking about NASCAR and this isn't NASCAR. Games should be played once a week, we are all playing PR anyway and it doesn't make sense that it's every two weeks, let's start with that. Every 2 weeks is not acceptable, it breeds disconnect and disinterest.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #160
CopyCat

@Vicious Your argument is flawed, no offense. Clans do participate and it fits perfectly considering they have other things to do, clan trainings, wars, recruiting, management and public relations (as in participating events, public game play and taking place in discussions and actions in the PR community as whole). And clans do know the problems, you're right on that point, but their not gonna give up trying or stay dedicated to give a event/tournament a chance, not all clans for that matter THAT ignorant. Still your arguments regarding time line and dates/battle days is still confusing and I gotta say this has gone too long and your posts basically repeating everything you said in your first posts and again you're pushing same solution over and over again like you know what the community/clans/groups thinks as whole :/ As far as I can see, in this matter your lacking knowledge and experience but the feedback based on your point of view and/or feelings/opinions gives an insight on how (lets say as an individual thinks about this matter, but nothing more or less). Season has started, signups are open, admins running the show, teams are being formed so... Show must go on!

/CC

Central Asian Treaty Alliance [CATA] - Campaign 9

"The only thing neccesary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing"
CopyCat is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
tart, wrong