project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
SGT.MARCO

Exclamation Command & Control (give it a chance)

Recently we had the amazing experience of playing command and control on Quingling. As were were playing I wondered why game modes like command & control are not played. This game mode involves both sides building a single FOB. These FOBs can be fortified with extra emplacements like multiple Tows, AA, HMGs, etc. the point of this mode is to protect your FOB while destroying the enemies FOB. Assets spawn immediately in most cases and enables people to be both creative with their FOBs and able to make their own objectives.

I made this post to tell both the admins and community to give this game mode a chance and play it once in a while.
SGT.MARCO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Ratface
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Command & Control (give it a chance)

I've aways kinda wanted to try this mode out online, but with the intro of mortars wouldnt it be a little too easy now for a commander to spot the FOB with the uav and call a strike down onto the fob? :/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ratface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
SGT.Ice

I've always wanted to try the game mode, but still iffy.

Mortars have really been braking my balls ever since their introduction.

SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
Brainlaag

The main problem with CnC being you need a very competent team. Teamwork and general effort must be as high as possible to ensure this gamemode to be fun. If you can ensure that, CnC offers the highest creativity you can get from any PR gamemode, simply because the whole map is open for you and you can empty any tactics available.

I hardly doubt that these days you can get a decent enough team to make CnC work in a public game.

Brainlaag is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
UKrealplayER666

The two times ive ever played CnC in a public game its actually been very fun, i dont understand how its any different in the way you play than a game of AAS, you find your objective, plan your move and carry it out, you just dont know where that objective is to start off with. Does need mortars to be removed to be worth while now though.
UKrealplayER666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
SGT.MARCO

when we were playing last night the map was so big that their mortars were about 800 meters out of range. We placed multiple AAs on either hill and used that to triangulate the enemy CAS, we never lost the FOB.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

You'll have the opportunity to play it soon in an organized manner.

[R-COM]Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
SGT.Ice

I think CIA should bump it on KOKAN

SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
SGT.MARCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.Ice View Post
I think CIA should bump it on KOKAN
what do you mean?
Old 07-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #10
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

As Brainlaag said, you're dependent of a very competent team. I've seen this been done on some servers and it ended up in a complete clusterfuck between the CO and the squads.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
chance, command, control, give