project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Default Would 100+ players result in no rallies?

How many players would there need to be in a squad before the rally sytem becomes obsolete? 12, 16?

NOTE: My bad. Please take this discussion to PR:BF2 v0.97 Feedback>[100p] Rallypoints.
Thank you, GP_MineralWouter and [R-DEV]BloodyDeed.

PS: The thread list above is only for players who were able to test the 100+ player servers. I haven't, but would still like to have the opportunity to voice my views. I'll try not to be a flamer to the best of my ability and I hope any posts further on can keep it civil.

Remember that the DEVs are the ones who make the final decision between realism and gameplay feasibility. If the game looks like it will slow down to where it'll become boring or too frustrating to play, they will find a compromise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B4TM4N
Last edited by doop-de-doo; 09-20-2012 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: OP post-script redirection
Old 07-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
Brainlaag

Default Re: Would 100+ players result in no rallies?

6, rallies are a feature of the past. With all the new game changes, bigger maps and very functional and easy to build FOBs, rallies do not fulfill their role as intended anymore. I can live very well without them. The old PR gameplay doesn't fit into the new gamemechanics anymore and as such, also the rally points should be removed.

Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

They shouldn't be removed. They're still very useful if a squad-member dies and the closest spawn-point is far away. Sure, the way they were meant to be used isn't here anymore, but they still serve a purpose.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
Stealth Clobber

I agree with Sax, an unfortunate accident or new member joining are the most useful uses for rally's the way they currently are in .97, and they don't really add any unfair element to gameplay.

Stealth Clobber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
FelipeFR

Send a message via MSN to FelipeFR Send a message via Skype™ to FelipeFR

Often you can join a server mid-game, and it can be very irritating to rally with your squad when they are 1km away and no FOBs are close enough, often for very logical reasons.
FelipeFR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

Well, I get your point. 2 people including a squad leader to spawn a 12 man squad just like that. I'd say if the squad size increases so must the limit for a rally point to be set.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f252...llypoints.html

why not discuss it here?

[R-DEV]Mineral is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
ComradeHX

Rallies?

Pfft.

Get 30 players to dig up a fob instantly; last forever and harder to kill.

ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #9
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

They're bigger, they draw attention and you can only have 6 of them per map.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
MertSahin

i would say NO RALLY! 100+ players means EPIC FIREFIGHTS... just spawn and try to make your way over the REAL BATTLEFIELD to safety/squad/team/ride whatever !
MertSahin is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
100, players, rallies, result