project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 02:54 AM   #11
Hunt3r
Default Re: Would 100+ players result in no rallies?

Rallies are fun but FOBs greatly increase the local concentration of forces, which is good if you're actually near somewhere important.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #12
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

With the configurations being set up for 100+ servers, there will be squads that reach the size of a real squad, reducing the number of reasons to continue using RPs to 1. That single reason is to enable SLs to bring in late-comers.
RPs already reload at FBs, making FBs a point for reinforcement. So, the SL can spawn/arrive at a FB with his limited-sized squad (of six players) and reload his RP, with the RP standing in for the missing 2-6 players that should IRL be there to fill the squad.

With this in mind, I would like to pursue a bit further and create a scenario which is about as common as having a late-comer suddenly join a squad. That situation is where the RP has already been consumed and the SL is in the RP recharging period. What is the one of the most common actions taken by players or SLs? Spawn at Main or a nearby FB.

Would that late-comer miss it? Somewhat.

Would it be a big deal though? No, not at all.

---

Personally, I don't like RPs in that they can spawn an infinite number of soldiers until they expire or are overrun. RPs were designed to simulate a full squad (8-12 units), but if abused create an unreal supply of infantry.

That is my shamelessly biased argument towards why RPs are more luxury than necessity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #13
Arnoldio
Banned

Tickets should also be DECREASED for the percenatage in slot rise, since tickets represent reinforcements and with more people actually on the ground, there should be less reinforcements... however people going rambo and diying all over the place means they had to raise the ticketcount...
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:22 AM   #14
Trooper909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
6, rallies are a feature of the past. With all the new game changes, bigger maps and very functional and easy to build FOBs, rallies do not fulfill their role as intended anymore. I can live very well without them. The old PR gameplay doesn't fit into the new gamemechanics anymore and as such, also the rally points should be removed.
You wouldn't happen to be an armor or jet whore would you?Because PR infantry gameplay has been a glorified walking sim since the old rally system was removed.

Infantry is 10% fighting and dyeing to other infantry 20% being blown apart by thermal toting vehicles and 70% walking.
And that is without factoring in babysitting said FOBs from one guy with a knife.

On smaller maps FOB's are 70% of time unspawnable because a few random wonderers happen to be in the area.
Last edited by Trooper909; 09-21-2012 at 02:28 AM..
Old 09-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #15
Arnoldio
Banned

Walking sim? No. If you want shooting and respawning every 5 seconds, i will suggest you to try the obvious: Call of Duty series or maybe vanilla BF series.

Walking, or with an adequate team, driving around in transport vehicles is a part of the game. There have been rounds where i havent fired a shot and just walked around, but i had to be in such positions in case something happened to the other squads. Now if you are one of those "attack only, hate assets" guys, you have absolutely no saying in the rallypoint debate... or any debate at all for that matter.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #16
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper909 View Post
You wouldn't happen to be an armor or jet whore would you?Because PR infantry gameplay has been a glorified walking sim since the old rally system was removed.

Infantry is 10% fighting and dyeing to other infantry 20% being blown apart by thermal toting vehicles and 70% walking.
And that is without factoring in babysitting said FOBs from one guy with a knife.

On smaller maps FOB's are 70% of time unspawnable because a few random wonderers happen to be in the area.
Funny I'm usually the one to shoot, not the one to be shot at. OFC people consider it that way, I've seen horrible things happen in pub games. It's not really the fault of the game being a "walking-sim" but rather people acting like braindead zombies on how they behave in a firefight and general play attitude coupled with placing the FOBs on top of a hill and then wonder why it gets blasted by all kind of shit.

Don't get me wrong, the old PR was more fun to me but there are way more and far reaching factors than rally points that changed it *cough playerbase cough*.

Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:20 AM   #17
Trooper909

Arnoldio you just went full retard.Of course I don't want COD or BF3 gameplay
If anything though infantry gameplay is more like COD than ever before.

Brainlaag agree.

To clarify a little bit I only really play inf grunt,not SL or assets or anything and join whatever squad will let me join so what the SL says to do I do no matter how retarded he is.9 times out of 10 hes retarded and I die alot hence the reason PR may seem more walking sim for me more than others.Doesn't help when a team don't build decent FOB's either.

I just think the old RP system simulated waves of infantry alot better than the clunky FOB's do today.
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #18
Arnoldio
Banned

Why do you blame others for dying? Nobody went full retard here. From my POV, gameplay isnt really COD, because i know how to play in such a way that i dont die, regardless of how stupid the SL is.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #19
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Trooper, no insults please.

As for the topic, I'm inclined to agree with rallypoints being kind of luxury on 100 player servers, especially on a map smaller than 4km, but only inclined. I can't really agree, because at the end of the day, squads to get streched thinner when there's less ways of bringing in dead players after a fight, and, as doop-de-doo says, latecomers of any kind.

The solution to this problem would naturally be well functioning transport squads - but I'd really require more initiative from the player base.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via
Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #20
Trooper909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
Walking sim? No. If you want shooting and respawning every 5 seconds, i will suggest you to try the obvious: Call of Duty series or maybe vanilla BF series.

Now if you are one of those "attack only, hate assets" guys, you have absolutely no saying in the rallypoint debate... or any debate at all for that matter.
I ment went full retard with saying that the above is my play style without actually having ever played with me.Just because I like the old RP system from yesteryear makes me a COD player so any of my opinions on the mod are invalid.

Now I remember why I stopped posting anything game related here the elitism is a bit much.

I class the above quote as insulting btw.
I said my opinion on the RP system I am done here.
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
100, players, rallies, result