project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
paul161616
Supporting Member

Talking Why Do You Play PR?

quite simply, why do you play it? is it for the teamwork, the realism and simulation, the community? maybe its because you served in the military and still enjoy a military-style environment, or could it be a mixture of these reasons?

I'm making this topic hoping that we can get some of the newer users without posts to get some. I'm also hoping that my search was successful and this hasn't been a topic in the last while... :P so please, discuss!

Personally, i play for the teamwork that can always be found in a game, even if you have to make it yourself, as well as the general gameplay and immersion that PR has to offer, its unlike any game i've played!
paul161616 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
Pronck
Supporting Member

Default Re: Why Do You Play PR?

Teamwork with random people, playing games you can relate to IRL battles. Asymetrical warfare was also an magnet for me since it isn't represented in other games. Also the complete war feeling when playing AAS attracted me to play (more). Those little things that make the change between battlefield and PR it is mostly about them it is a push factor for some, a pull factor for others.
Pronck is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Minimalaco
PR:A3 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Minimalaco

Teamwork and intense firefight!...aaa and beatiful maps too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Minimalaco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
PRICHM

Those intense moments. The awesome teamwork. The awesome people.
PRICHM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
Gracler

always liked BF2... PR just made BF2 what it should have been with a lot more variations and the fact that everything act more realistic is just a bonus.

#1 priority is game-play/team-play
#2 priority is realism

this is reversed in Arma 2 hence why i don't like it compared to Bf2/PR. A game that puts all its energy into realism is gonna fail. If i want to focus on realism ill re-enlist in the army. (but the problem is there is no respawn in RL )

Apart from Muttrah city all the PR maps are never predictable and this is also a reason i can keep playing PR

PR changed BF2 from Fps (first person shooter) to RPG-fps (role playing-game-fps) which is an achivement in itself.
Gracler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
badmojo420
Supporting Member

After watching Generation Kill I set out to find a game with the same amount of teamwork as shown by the Marines in that TV show. I found PR. What has kept me here all these years is the realism, difficulty, and attention to detail. There is just so many different ways to play in PR, it's unlike any other game.

It takes dedication to learn the game, but a lifetime to master it.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

What, and go back to run-and-gun, dolphin-dive, bunny-hopping, etc. other games? Why do you even ask, lol?

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #8
waldov

I play because i enjoy the realism which makes your average firefight a tense and epic battle instead of a bunch of guys "bunny hoping" and "no scoping"
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:35 AM   #9
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

Myself, having been prior-service, I enjoy playing games or sims that allow me to get back into things that I enjoyed since I'm now unable to reup.

There are times when I really want to delve into the full tactical realism aspect, but that requires a lot of effort. It's not so easy to find a group of people (gamers) that enjoy the same game, served in a similar unit/branch, and still want to follow the same TT&P as when we were serving. So when full-on milsim isn't viable, or when I'm not quite in the mood for such level of "realism", games like PR fill the gap.

With PR, I can still hop in and play a fun game that employs tactical thinking, but doesn't go as far as to introduce all of the nuances of a traditional milsim. It's a lot more casual, but no so poorly unrealistic like vBF2 or other games/mods. It's a nice mixture or balance between the two.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #10
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

If anyone missed it..
YouTube Video

"Playing PR - Better drink my own piss." Ploddit
Mj Pain is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
play, teamwork