project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
DarkFalcon250
Post something that bugs me about PR

for the longest time it has bugged me that the RPG-7 PGO-7 scope is nearly useless on the Russian factions hat kit and right click lat kit, being that i am a huge Russian military buff i could point out alot of other things too due to having endless amounts of books and genuine articles of gear, but im just going to point this one out cause it will greatly better the gameplay of PR.

one of the complaints i most commonly hear is "the Russian Hat kit is trash" when in all reality its just the fact that the scope model in the game isn't zeroed in correctly, therefore making it pointless to try and use it as it was designed.

it should look like this position wise

once in that position it is correctly aligned and usable

the plus sign is the boresight mark(where the barrel is pointed)

the rising lines are a built in rangefinder based off 100 meter intervals to judge off a target 2.7 meters tall

the grid is designed with a horizontal plane based off the same 100 meter intervals

and the vertical plane is for windage based off 10 meter intervals

quite simple, you put the rangefinder over your target to find the distance, find said distance on the grid, place said grid mark over your target and fire

with this added ability brought from simply lowering the sight view to correct position the Russian hat kit will be more enjoyable and better balanced to combat the Nato country factions with their guided hat kits seeing as currently it gives unfair, disadvantage to the Russian faction

hopefully you see and agree with my point
Old 07-04-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
Nemesis.x13
Default Re: something that bugs me about PR

Iv managed to blow up couple armored viechals with the RPG 7 HAT but that was on maps like gaza.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #3
ShockUnitBlack

It's usable. It's zeroed to the centre of your screen in PR, which is, I believe, the 3/1.5 line in your picture.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
Steeps
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
It's usable. It's zeroed to the centre of your screen in PR, which is, I believe, the 3/1.5 line in your picture.
They should have it centered like the SPG in my opinion. The way the scope is right now, that's what it makes you think with how the distances are above and below the "center."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:40 AM   #5
SGT.Ice

You used a picture from A2. To post a suggestion for BF2. And this is why they require you to have 20 posts to post in the suggestion threads.

Read the forum rules.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Under the assumption that this is not intended to be about ArmA 2, but instead PR:BF2, I'm going to lock this due to the suggestion forum policy.

Locked as a suggestion outside the appropriate forum. Please familiarize yourself with the suggestion forum rules and you'll understand.

Also, this one was brought up before IIRC, so the Devs are aware of the problems players are having with RPGs.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via

Old 07-04-2012, 05:22 AM   #7
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

To put a final statement below that from the developer point of view.
Yes, we know about the issues with our current Light ATs and already working on an improvement.
Thanks for bringing that up anyway but please make sure you stick to the forum rules next time.

Closed Thread

Tags
bugs, gameplay or realism, mistakes