project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #31
SGT.Ice

Default Re: What makes a good server

Parachuting out of a chopper wasn't a hack. Base raping is often the fault of the team who gets raped unless you've got armor or the whole team at your doorstep that's a different story. TBA use to allow bombcars/big red to attack main & whatnot. Made the game fun & you had to actually fight for every inch of the field. Sometimes you might drive onto a mine while leaving base.

Since when is jumping from a chopper unfair? You have armor, AA emplacements, mobile AA, bullets, guns, shovels. Seems fair.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #32
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.Ice View Post
Parachuting out of a chopper wasn't a hack. Base raping is often the fault of the team who gets raped unless you've got armor or the whole team at your doorstep that's a different story. TBA use to allow bombcars/big red to attack main & whatnot. Made the game fun & you had to actually fight for every inch of the field. Sometimes you might drive onto a mine while leaving base.

Since when is jumping from a chopper unfair? You have armor, AA emplacements, mobile AA, bullets, guns, shovels. Seems fair.
INS baserape was epic, I was talking mainly about AAS and especially regarding HATs and AAs as on a 4km map you simply lack the manpower to establish a safe perimeter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.Ice View Post
Parachuting out of a chopper wasn't a hack.
Thats not what I was talking about, I mean the trick with which you can survive a fall from any height with any kit unharmed. Thats a legit hack.

Brainlaag is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #33
SGT.Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
INS baserape was epic, I was talking mainly about AAS and especially regarding HATs and AAs as on a 4km map you simply lack the manpower to establish a safe perimeter.

Thats not what I was talking about, I mean the trick with which you can survive a fall from any height with any kit unharmed. Thats a legit hack.
I'd call that more of an engine exploit as someone has demonstrated to me how to do that before & it's quite odd.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #34
Conman51

Good admins that play a variety of maps.

It doesnt matter how good the game play is. If you keep playing the same maps over and over it will get boring.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #35
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
Players, nuff said. Rules and administration can only go so far, the rest depends on the playerbase, whether they have the right mindset or not. No rule can turn a player.
incorrect. If you have lots of good players, then less good players will be attracted due to the popularity. So if you started off with 80 Great players. 300 less good players would come along and Dilute the server demography.

The trick is to Have a high server membership population for example to have 1000 regular visitors. And to weed out the bad players every few minutes, so the spaces have a chance to be filled with good players.

In a scientifically ideal situation, admins would have to be extremely frugal to the point of unfairness and kick people who were not making enough points to be deemed worthy of staying so that it would keep the demography of each game high in rich quality players, and this would attract even more good players with a huge appreciation for playing to a high standard. Its my understanding that most of the good players have a "no shit" policy, so even if they thought the admins were not being as kind to newcomers as they should be, they would still appresiate the cleanly weeded environment.

This method would hardly work in this community because the community is so small in comparison to BF3 or COD, so a method of "keep the peace" is the only way to really run a server.

I dont agree with forcing "noobs" off servers to get better players mind you, but technically thats the most efficient way to have the best server. Even if it is unethical.

Theres probebly another solution, whitelisting players who are familiar with the game, which is already employed with such things like the passive PRTA membership slots. This doesnt kick noobs, but it allows people on the server who are known for being mostly repetitive players, by "making space" for members.

Thanks for all the hard work PR team!
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #36
Acemantura

Send a message via Skype™ to Acemantura

hmm, so kicking lone-wolfers and "dead" players is best for the server?

How do we measure if a player is crap or not?

Acemantura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:08 AM   #37
SGT.Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
incorrect. If you have lots of good players, then less good players will be attracted due to the popularity. So if you started off with 80 Great players. 300 less good players would come along and Dilute the server demography.

The trick is to Have a high server membership population for example to have 1000 regular visitors. And to weed out the bad players every few minutes, so the spaces have a chance to be filled with good players.

In a scientifically ideal situation, admins would have to be extremely frugal to the point of unfairness and kick people who were not making enough points to be deemed worthy of staying so that it would keep the demography of each game high in rich quality players, and this would attract even more good players with a huge appreciation for playing to a high standard. Its my understanding that most of the good players have a "no shit" policy, so even if they thought the admins were not being as kind to newcomers as they should be, they would still appresiate the cleanly weeded environment.

This method would hardly work in this community because the community is so small in comparison to BF3 or COD, so a method of "keep the peace" is the only way to really run a server.

I dont agree with forcing "noobs" off servers to get better players mind you, but technically thats the most efficient way to have the best server. Even if it is unethical.

Theres probebly another solution, whitelisting players who are familiar with the game, which is already employed with such things like the passive PRTA membership slots. This doesnt kick noobs, but it allows people on the server who are known for being mostly repetitive players, by "making space" for members.
Skimming through the first few words of your post I took the liberty to read in my short time on this forum. It would seem you're saying turn away all the new guys who will one day work on or carry on this mod. Would you like to comment?

Seemed like a slanted statement define "Good players". Not everyone racks up a ton of points, I use to move around the map calling targets every 5 seconds to the team so people had a constant stream of intel. Did I get points? No.

Just going to put this out there with how you worded the repetitive players sentence. That caused me to think repeat offenders, just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acemantura View Post
hmm, so kicking lone-wolfers and "dead" players is best for the server?

How do we measure if a player is crap or not?
Cats out of the bag.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #38
Tit4Tat

Admins & Community
Tit4Tat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:01 AM   #39
Maj.Osama
Supporting Member

mumble + drunk admins + rules + good ping
Maj.Osama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:11 AM   #40
Anti

Pubbers that don't cry.
Last edited by Anti; 06-30-2012 at 03:11 AM.. Reason: Lol. Impossible.

Tags
good, makes, server