project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Move
Default PR- Original BF 2?

Hallo! I would like to play PR with my freinds, by they don't own the original Bf2. I don't think they would buy it only for this mod which they won't like latly. So does PR requires the original Bf2?

sorry for my bad English.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
strima
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR- Original BF 2?

Yes, it requires an original copy of BF2 fully patched to 1.5.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

Project Reality (PR) is a modification add-on to the original game, so in order to play PR you must have the original Battlefield 2 installed and patched up to 1.50.

You can probably find copies of the original BF2 game very cheap now, especially on sites such as ebay. For example, I'm seeing multiple copies of the core game on ebay for roughly $10 USD, and the complete collection for around $14 USD (includes the expansions, which aren't needed for PR).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
JimmyKid1996

On Origin its only $20 USD, might be cheaper other places.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Look at local stores for hard copy (CD/DVD). I bought Deluxe edition ( BF2 + SF ) for about 8 euros at the time. Should not be more than 10-15, but if you go for digital edition aka Steam/Origin then it might cost more. Also its slight more costly in webshops, so try local stores.

CATA4TW!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

Another thing to consider is that purchasing the original game gives you access to all of the other BF2 mods, not just PR. So that $10 or so you spend on the core game is basically like buying Forgotten Hope 2, AIX, EOD, USI, PR:Vietnam, and any of the other PR- and non-PR related mods out there. So in theory, 1 game is actually 50+ games.

Considering that most other ghetto-cheap games like "Barney Loves Meth" or what ever are usually in the $9.99 closeout bin, $10 for BF2 is not bad at all.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

my friend downloaded one for $5 from direct2drive I think

so look out for deals they steal have them sometimes
Old 06-26-2012, 12:06 AM   #8
DevilDog165

Can't you just let them use your disk and find a code online? I lost my code years ago so have to find them online anyway. Just saying.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #9
[R-MOD]IINoddyII
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog165 View Post
Can't you just let them use your disk and find a code online? I lost my code years ago so have to find them online anyway. Just saying.
Piracy is against the law. It's also against the forum rules - please don't encourage it again.

Aside from the above reasons using a code found online has risks. Imagine using the code for a period.. building up a good reputation, joining a clan blah blah blah.. all to be tarnished the moment somebody else uses that code with hacks. Your gaming reputation is worth more than $10. Don't be a cheap bastard.

Thread locked. Am sure the o/p has enough information to make an informed decision now.

Closed Thread

Tags
original