project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #21
jerkzilla

Default Re: An Open Letter to all Serious-Pants Players

The one thing I can identify that killed that server was the kicking for supporting member bit. It kept at least a couple of pretty passionate and good players from playing there.

I guess all you really need are some admins with integrity. Generally, I kind of prefer US serves since the language barriers is much less pronounced so I'll happily seed the server.

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #22
Acemantura

Send a message via Skype™ to Acemantura

I like the numbers I have gotten in such a short time

Chrisweb
SaXoni
B.Pronk(NL)
mangeface
40mmrain
[R-CON]Jafar Ironclad (with a Maplist Generation script, badass)
jerkzilla

KEEP POSTING FOLKS!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Acemantura; 06-15-2012 at 07:58 PM..
Old 06-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #23
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkzilla View Post
The one thing I can identify that killed that server was the kicking for supporting member bit. It kept at least a couple of pretty passionate and good players from playing there.
Well, that had been going on for ages, so I doubt that. Pretty much everyone respected that if they didn't pay Tactical Gamer they would eventually get kicked and replaced with a person that had payed them.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #24
Conman51

As long as road killing is not allowed and you are required to join mumble and sqauds im down.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #25
A.Wickens

Send a message via MSN to A.Wickens Send a message via Skype™ to A.Wickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkzilla View Post
Yes because servers are paid for with Daisys and Dreams aren't they?
A.Wickens is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #26
Acemantura

Send a message via Skype™ to Acemantura

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Wickens View Post
Yes because servers are paid for with Daisys and Dreams aren't they?
Don't forget the Unicorn Farts.

I should say that kicking for donators should not be a part of this server, but I only say this as a contributor to this process, not as a fact.

Acemantura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #27
Akiba101

I think its rather sad that this has to be done in the first place and seeing TG of all servers go down due to lack of seeding base and player populations is a genuine shock.

I just feel that this time of year is horribly busy for many people spanning the PR community as people from the ages of 16-24 have exams or finals or just summer plans that interfere with the time we can commit to PR. Hopefully after this period is over we can see the emergence of the community in full force.

But this idea i think is a good initiative to fill the void as it were and if you're in need of seeders put me down on the list I guess (I finish exams in late june though -_-)
Akiba101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #28
[R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad
PR:BF2 Developer

It's not a script per say, it's a survey. If someone wants to write up the script, here's the system.

1. Run the server using AD framework with at least two (up to ten) reserved slots and no more than 100 player maximum.
2. In order to earn immunity to reserved-slot kick, players can fill out a map survey once a week on the server admin website:
3. All PR maps (AAS and insurgency) are listed in the survey. To complete the survey, the player must check one of the choices for each map (Layers not included as options, up to server admins to vary stuff and gauge popularity of particular layers):
-Strongly Dislike: Will leave server if this map is running.
-Dislike: Will tolerate playing nonetheless if this map is running.
-Like: Willing to join server if near full and playing this map.
-Strongly Like: Willing to SEED server if running this map/map is next.

-penultimate question on survey lists all non-AAS non-Insurgency game mode maps (Vehicle Warfare, CNC, etc.). Player can pick at least one (up to three) of these that they would be interested in playing.

-Final question asks the player what time in PRT they would be interested in seeding the server, as well as whether they are an all-week or weekend-only player. Must pick at least one, maximum two.

4. Maplist survey is sent out to RSS-subscribed users once every three days; a player must fill out at least two surveys a week and join the server at least once when below 20 players in order to retain reserved-slot status. Surveys are monitored for mass-fill behaviors (I.E. the player fills in all "likes") to check for abuse. If a particular map is included at least five times in a row, flag that map in the survey with the annotation (Note that this map has been included non-stop for the past 15 days).

5. When a survey closes, server admins check it and determine map list for next three days. Maps with at least 25% Strongly Dislike and/or at least 50% dislike are not included. Maps with at least 25% strongly like or 50% like are included immediately and spaced throughout the map list. Maps that are particularly polarizing (at least 70% of votes are strongly like/dislike with no clear majority) are included, but only one from this pool on the map list. At least one "alternative" game type map and a 70% 30% ratio of AAS and Insurgency maps (50-50 if most of the strongly-like maps are insurgency layers), totaling no more than 12 maps.

6. In addition, regardless of server membership, players who join the server when it is below 32(or 48, this number is flexible) players receive reserved-slot kick immunity for the next 12 hours.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad; 06-15-2012 at 10:20 PM..
Old 06-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #29
maniac1031

Hell if this is going to be serious and Chris and sax have already signed on I'll throw my name in if y'all need admins or any other help.

ALSO AKIBA WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN I MISS YOUR SARCASTIC VOICE AND YOUR STORIES

And Jafar I would make the Strongly Like: Willing to SEED server if running this map next. Because no one likes seeding their fav map for an hour only to have it end when the server is full.

Last edited by maniac1031; 06-15-2012 at 08:54 PM..
Old 06-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #30
Spush
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I'll be willing to help out, was a big time TG only player so yeah Having similar players, rules, etc.

Spush is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
letter, open, oxymoron, players, seriouspants