project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #111
Pronck
Supporting Member

Default Re: An Open Letter to all Serious-Pants Players

What do I want to see in that server?

This;

Admins that kick people that are constantly messing around, since current policies aren't there we need one, so if a team is on the losing side constantly and after an hour of asking all the 1337 squads are still going 1337 then you should kick someone to set an example. Maybe this could be done in other ways .

A stable playerbase variating from 50 to 64/62 24/7 to keep it running every time of the day.

Good roulation of maps, modes and themes, I mean playing 5 iraqi or militia maps in a row is kind of boring. But no AAS only nor INS only because that is kind of discriminating for the fans of each gamemode. Not speaking about CnC and vehicle warfare.

Good choice of maps, if the quality of the teams go down, don't start playing the harder/complex maps before getting better people in the server.

A good mumble policy, enforcing could be an option, but let's make sure that everyone without mumble has at least VOIP to get an explanation.

A good mic policy, if somebody doesn't have mumble nor a mic, this is never a good way to play so you would rather have someone with a mic capable of playing the game well.

A good server location and connection offering an average ping variating from 50 to 150 on both sides of the ocean. So mainly for Western Europe and North America.

A good language policy, if people don't or can't talk English, you need people to make clear that they should it out of team or all chat and that they could better start learning it.

Admiral General of the *Liberation Army Against Freedom*
Pronck is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #112
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Pronk(NL) View Post
I think tryharding is reasonable but seeding , a lot of people have kids, work the last thing they want is to seed instead of playing a round after he is done working and he put the kids to bed.
Seeding per se can be done even afk, join up the server and tab out and mind your other business. Often people ignore this, although even one player more being only AFK can attract more people on the server.

What I really suggest you to do ace, is not to use the map vote system, at least not to a full extend and rather rely on a solid maplist (make a vote pol if you are unsure) and use that. Most people would choose to play the same maps over and over again, instead of bringing in a bit more of variety.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brainlaag is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:17 AM   #113
SGT.Ice

Seeing gaza every blue moon would be nice, so people would stop complaining it's one sided & learn to play it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #114
badmojo420
Supporting Member

A couple things that I wanted to add...

-Don't enforce mumble/mic too much, encourage it. New players shouldn't be excluded, but rather guided.
-Keep the text to a minimum. (joining the CIA server the other day I noticed all the "badmojo is not using mumble" and "vote for map" and other server messages) It's ugly and breaks immersion.
-Play every map.
-No skirmish maps when seeding.
-Require squad joining
-Regular public event nights (without locking) Skrim night, vehicle warefare, insurgency, vietnam, etc.
-Enforce proper play through administration, if someone is screwing around, kick them.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #115
Acemantura

Send a message via Skype™ to Acemantura

I like it.

What you you call this Community Server?

Acemantura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #116
SGT.Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post

-Don't enforce mumble/mic too much, encourage it. New players shouldn't be excluded, but rather guided.
-Keep the text to a minimum. (joining the CIA server the other day I noticed all the "badmojo is not using mumble" and "vote for map" and other server messages) It's ugly and breaks immersion.
-Play every map.
-Require squad joining
-Regular public event nights (without locking) Skrim night, vehicle warefare, insurgency, vietnam, etc.
-Enforce proper play through administration, if someone is screwing around, kick them.
The mumble notification spam is a bug. While it may break immersion, in reality you don't have text popping up mid air in a fixed position of your FOV.

Skirmish actually works pretty well when seeding, it's also fun to play skirmish sometimes on the smaller maps. There was 64 people the other day before they got a chance to switch and it turned into a mosh pit.

SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #117
Brainlaag

Quote:

-Play every map.
-Require squad joining
Really? What bullshit is this, skirmish maps are even fun with 20+ players.

Brainlaag is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #118
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:

-Play every map.
-Require squad joining
Playing every map isn't a must when it comes to having a good server.

The reason why you'd have an event night is to increase the gameplay by better teamwork. A PR-player that doesn't care about this does most likely not care about entering the server's website to see what the password is. However, a teamwork-orientated PR-player that enjoys having this will be willing to enter the website to find out what the password is and then join the server. Ergo; putting a password on the server while running an event increases the type of gameplay that the majority of this community wants - better coordination, communication and teamwork.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #119
Conman51

Quote:
-Play every map.
YES

Quote:
No Skirmish is perfect for seeding.

Have you ever tried playing Kashan with 10 people in the server? Pretty damn boring.

The thing that gets people to join half full servers is how fun the round will be, and not something that will drag on forever, not how realistic or tactical it will be.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #120
badmojo420
Supporting Member

To be honest, when I'm looking at the server list and see a skirmish, I go elsewhere. I don't like the whole spawn, run 200m, die, repeat. Plenty of other games offer that type of game play, that's not why I'm playing PR. This is especially true when seeding a server because half the people will be AFK and a good portion just don't care about teamwork or winning during those seeding matches. If you can't handle playing Kashan with 10 people, alt-tab and do something else until the server gets populated.

If you'll notice I did mention having an event night for Skirmish matches. It can be a fun game mode, I just don't like it for seeding.

Playing every map isn't a must, but if the maplist is the most popular 5 maps and nothing else, it gets boring quickly. PR is unique in that it has tons of different maps. There is no reason a player should be playing the same map twice unless they're having some kind of epic PR session.

The reason I say have an unlocked event nights is because people are lazy. Just because I'm too lazy to alt-tab and look up a servers website, browse the forums for the event post and get the password, doesn't mean I'm not a teamwork oriented player. One does not equal the other. True, the worst of the worst will most likely be weeded out using a password, but so will some damn fine players. It's not like the server will be the wild west, if people can't handle the event, kick them, ban them.

I never once attempted to find a password for when TG was locked. I just clicked another server. So I thought I'd throw out the idea of having unlocked events, because I would join.

And yes I realize that in real life we don't have a wall of blue text in our faces, but I've grown to block that out mostly. When I see HUGE letters at the top of my screen constantly, it's distracting, and looks unprofessional.

I just wanted to throw some ideas out to help out the server. I want it to succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
Really? What bullshit is this, skirmish maps are even fun with 20+ players.
Perhaps show a little respect for other peoples opinions? Thanks.
Last edited by badmojo420; 07-04-2012 at 08:44 PM..

Tags
letter, open, oxymoron, players, seriouspants