project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 02:06 AM   #71
[R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Tactical Gamer server going offline

Whatever happened to taking criticism, however bitingly worded, with grace? I know asking for kindness from hardcore FPS players is often like asking for a scale from a fire dragon, but seriously. Shutting down a server won't kill a mod. An increasingly defensive and hostile community certainly can.

On the bright side, this has so far played out with far less vitriol than did the =]H[= server shutdown saga. Let's keep it that way, please?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:14 AM   #72
Acemantura

Send a message via Skype™ to Acemantura

It was a saga?

Saga: A long story of heroic achievement.

What aren't you telling us!?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:38 AM   #73
=]H[= EasyAlpha

Clearly it was a heroic achievement

Oh my lanta i was just pointing it out, the line between criticism and flamming is pretty thin there and i think you would agree. Add the fact that Jeepoo there is a member of TG.

But anyways ra ra ra TG is gone, im sure they'll flip the light switch in time for the new patch.

I don't think anyones hurting to bad, from what i've seen of late theres like no one on anyways, 1 server was full today, 1 was sitting around 50-60 and everything else had 10 or 15 people in them.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:19 AM   #74
ShockUnitBlack

I really don't think this discussion isn't in the spirit of these forums, this thread, or even TG for that matter. Let's ignore Smooth and stop comparing TG to other servers and instead talk about the good games we had or something else that's actually indicative of what sort of a community we are.

|TG-Irr| Shock
Old 06-17-2012, 03:21 AM   #75
dtacs
Supporting Member

Ah contraire, its in the spirit of every one of those.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #76
Tit4Tat

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Wickens View Post

We don't even have strict rules lol. They are quite simple as regards conduct, don't type in abuse and basically don't harass people. Yet, bizarrely so many people had an issue with it lol.

"Your rules are so kiddy, why can't I tell people to f##k off, why can't I call people n####r" etc

Yes, because an allegedly grown man typing (typing, not saying, typing) swear words at another person, maybe a young person, is just the height of maturity lol.

These type of rule's are common practice on our server, and should be on every server IMO. I hope people didn't take my first post as an agressive anti-TG comment, it wasen't.

It's just when so many people have so much good to say about something and actually COULD'VE done something about it, and never did.

TG was an "old skool" server and tried to keep it that way, something went wrong with TG when PR was moving forward i.e infux of new player's and server's, and its die hardcore fan's failled it IMO.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:22 AM   #77
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

The same rules apply to this thread as to all other server-related threads; cease the flaming or we'll have to lock this thread, this is not supposed to be a place to discuss what TG could have done differently or what problems the community as a whole has or anything along those lines, so cease the debate and return to saying goodbye to TG, or we'll just say goodbye to this thread, instead.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via

Old 06-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #78
JimmyKid1996

Might as well post this here. I found it nice to watch, bringing back memories.

Project Reality - Until Next Time

Old 06-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #79
Souls Of Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyKid1996 View Post
Might as well post this here. I found it nice to watch, bringing back memories.

Project Reality - Until Next Time
Right in the heart... ;(
Old 06-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #80
Murphy

What made TG the best server of its time wasn't the rules, or the server box, or the maps in rotation. It was made by the players who decided to load up PR and jump into the server and played the game with long time friends. Being against someone who you usually made a squad with was no big deal because you sure as hell had other friends on the same team who were just as good to work with. Trash talk was minimized because everyone knew each other and we were just a big group of buddies out for a few hours of solid gaming. Assets were often a none issue because everyone had sort of found their place in the larger scheme, and if you wanted to fly the next round there was generally no issue because the CAS squad was run by that guy who joins your INF or Armour squad every other game or something to that extent.

TG wasn't perfect but for those of us who made great friendships on the server it will always hold a great place in PR history as being the place to go for a good laugh and solid teamwork with people you knew, and if you didn't know them you had a friend who already did.

Closed Thread

Tags
gamer, offline, server, tactical