project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 01:49 AM   #31
ComradeHX

Default Re: Tactical Gamer server going offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat552 View Post
There will be other games.
There will be other games; but none as entertaining as a good round of PR(which is most frequently encountered at TG, at least in NA).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:15 AM   #32
mangeface
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat552 View Post
Without a dedicated group of seeding players, that effort will sputter for a month or two, and then fall right back down to where it is now, struggling to pull down 32 players on a Friday afternoon. Don't sully the memory, lay it quietly to rest among treasured times. There will be other games.
INFO PR xfire group
http://www.xfire.com/communities/tgseed/roster/

We had a dedicated group of seeders. And that list is...not short. The problem that happened is that there became a lack of interest. PR:V wasn't really that exciting after a few rounds, it's been forever and a half since the last patch for PR:BF2. People move on. I did. I've spent a majority of my gaming time on ARMA 2 or DCS Black Shark. Today I started playing BF3 because I started getting bored of those 2, so I blew the dust off the discs that have been sitting in my closet since Dec. 2011 and installed and played. It was actually a little fun to get a little higher paced action going.

I hate to say it, but even with the release of PR:BF2 v1.0, I really don't see the server coming back online. It'll draw some players back. I'll definitely play some more when it comes out. But I don't think it'll bait enough of a player base for the game officer and admins to make the push to get the server back up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-USMC, that is

Old 06-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #33
Click

That is very sad to hear, TG was a very good server to play on and it will be sorely missed.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #34
SmoothIsFast6

Rest in pieces

To the sad people, cheer up there will always be a good server to play on this will not affect PR, i'm sorry i had to help kill TG but they asked for it, i used to love the server and still consider many TG good peeps

You will kill your server if you give young kids admin and let them ban mature people when they say a bad word or a 1970's racial slur lol

(PM if you want to comment me directly i don't want to start flames)

Last edited by SmoothIsFast6; 06-15-2012 at 10:02 AM..
Old 06-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #35
Limeni[BiH]

Im sad to see it going, I played few times over there, great server, great community, high ping
All good things must come to an end. Thats how things work
Good luck, you'll be missed.

?War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.?
Old 06-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #36
JimmyKid1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothIsFast6 View Post
You will kill your server if you give young kids admin and let them ban mature people when they say a bad word or a 1970's racial slur lol

Old 06-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #37
A.Wickens

Send a message via MSN to A.Wickens Send a message via Skype™ to A.Wickens

Quote:
Rest in pieces

To the sad people, cheer up there will always be a good server to play on this will not affect PR, i'm sorry i had to help kill TG but they asked for it, i used to love the server and still consider many TG good peeps

Really, you actually got banned off the BF3 server lol, not the PR server. You're subsequent behaviour got you banned everwhere else. The notion that you did anything to TG other than lower the tone with your prescence, till that was corrected, is laughable. People like you don't hurt servers, you hurt the whole community.

Dissappear.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #38
=-=kittykiller

i have been inactive for 2 years in those years i have been homeless, high on life and moving around all over. i had hoped to get back to pr, but internet connection is just to hard to fathom with the constant moving so i am VERY SAD to see TG go.

i used to play on a 1 gig amd 3600 with nvidia ancient gfx

i came to TG to be treated like an adult and show respect at a time of constant UKWF / {H}
tomfoolery, teamplay was amazing especially events ramiel is one i remember and also quai river was a superb match for me back in the days of 0.9

i remember on TG having to guard a small fob at the bridge. All of a sudden a wave of enemy comes down the tree line all dressed in our CAMO lolz having to convince my SL what was going on and actually return fire all the time overexcited and gettin it in the neck.

Or the many many rounds of kashan on TG where hitting the a10 in the nose was payback for all the fidgeting around in the hills trying to hold ground,
TG best ever server shame i will not even see 128 players on it. One day soon RED PANDA will return.

RIP TG xxxxx
Old 06-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #39
[R-MOD]Jeepo
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Rest in pieces

Ha, who are you? Trust me when I say you had nothing to do with any decision to end the life of the server. Let me look up your file if you would like, that might explain why you were banned? Probably for being as much of a tard as you have just shown yourself.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #40
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acemantura View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acemantura View Post
Ok, so what if TG came back?

Who would take care of it? Who would pay for it? Who would play on that server? And what would the rules be?

If you can answer most of these questions, PM me, I've got 3 servers and only 2 are being used.
Current TG managers can manage it, every current TG admin can be an admin (without interference from CIA admins), and every TG regular can seed it...

All of the technicalities can be addressed but you will need to look inwardly to find the answers to all of my questions, including answering why the official TG server has given up.
Tell me more about your split personality.

Seriously, I had to check if there were two users called 'acemantura' or if I misqouted.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Closed Thread

Tags
gamer, offline, server, tactical