project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #21
SmoothIsFast6
Default Re: Loading while alt+tabbed

only way is probably dual monitors

man that engine is so wrong, we've all probably wasted so much of our lives waiting for that engine to load up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SmoothIsFast6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #22
whatshisname55

If you click on anything on your second monitor windows will tab out of the game. So no, dual monitors won't help.
Although, you could probably watch a movie or something on your second monitor while still in game.
whatshisname55 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:48 AM   #23
Arnoldio
Banned

Xfire browser anyone?
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #24
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

The browser xfire is using is quite sucky, though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via

[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #25
Daniel

Oooooh, yeees... XFire browser is an idea... but I think I am too used to Firefox and my plenty addons...

Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #26
WeeD-KilleR
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
Oooooh, yeees... XFire browser is an idea... but I think I am too used to Firefox and my plenty addons...

YES, because this will FORCE you to switch to XFire browser so you can never use Firefox again. EVER! m(

XFire browser is just fine. For me it works perfectly while Auto-deploying, no problems with PB and is enough to surf on the internet while being dead or so.
WeeD-KilleR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:57 AM   #27
Arnoldio
Banned

Oh come on. If you have something so important that you really need to look up on interwebz, you can alt tab and not load for few seconds. During auto deploy you can just use the xfire browser and go on 4chan or somethign. Why so much problems for a thing that doesnt even matter really. IF you cannot wait those two minutes during loading, something is wrong with you.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #28
bessert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
Oh come on. If you have something so important that you really need to look up on interwebz, you can alt tab and not load for few seconds. During auto deploy you can just use the xfire browser and go on 4chan or somethign. Why so much problems for a thing that doesnt even matter really. IF you cannot wait those two minutes during loading, something is wrong with you.
An unnecesary post really. Noone is here to argue if we have something wrong with us or not.Just trying to figure out how to make it work.

bessert is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #29
Pesticide
Supporting Member

missing ground textures popped up for me again in windowed mod when switching from my ati card to a new nvidia card. Fixed it by tweaking the res in the command line to a few pixel shorter then the maximum screen res.

1920*1080 in stead of 1920*1200

nividia sux when it comes to the details i guess

and holy fuck i really dont get how you guys play fullscreen, the loading times, the waiting, and when you alt tab in fullscreen the fucking map stops loading lol. windowed mode only way to play

Proud member of Forgotten Honor Tournament.

Broadcasting PR live from big servers every week
Pesticide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #30
risegold8929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesticide View Post
missing ground textures popped up for me again in windowed mod when switching from my ati card to a new nvidia card. Fixed it by tweaking the res in the command line to a few pixel shorter then the maximum screen res.

1920*1080 in stead of 1920*1200

nividia sux when it comes to the details i guess

and holy fuck i really dont get how you guys play fullscreen, the loading times, the waiting, and when you alt tab in fullscreen the fucking map stops loading lol. windowed mode only way to play
Listening to epic loading tunes for maps such as Vadso City and Operation Overlord keeps me satisfied :P
(Also the random global Mumble spam between servers.. cough.. cough.. CIA :P)

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
risegold8929 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
alt, loading, tabbed