project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
Mullah Yotam
Default About to begin playing. Need some questions answered

Hi everyone, I'm not too familiar with BF2 and the Project Reality mod, although I have been playing BF3 regularly and BC2 before that, but I've always been craving a game that is 100 percent realism. My questions are -

1) Would it work fine if I buy the Battlefield 2 Complete Edition?
2) Do the mods (such as Gaza and Beirut) need to be downloaded and installed or is it just the main mod (Project Reality) that needs to be downloaded and installed?
3) Is there anyone who would like to teach an enthusiastic gamer like myself and hook him up with a group of serious guys who know their shit? Preferably someone from Israel.

All the best.

EDIT: typo in the title lol, need some questions answered*
Last edited by [R-DEV]Spec; 06-16-2012 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: CORRECTION
Old 06-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: About to begin playing. Need some questions asked.

Hey and welcome to PR Always nice to see new players still finding their way here. I'll just start by answerin g your questions.

1) Yes. You actually only need regular Battlefield 2. Since all DLC's are now free to download.
2) Everything is included in 1 Installment called project Reality. Of which the latest version is 0.97.
PR however is also developing small 'add-ons' which future maps,weapons and factions for people who want. The current available ones are Project Normandy (based on WW2), Project Vietnam( based on, ooh well, you get the picture ). Their is also one that got recently announced and that one is called 'The Falklands'. We even recently had a first beta test of it.
3) PR is a small, but dedicated and open community. Just joining a server and telling your squadleader that you are new to the game will be enough. 9/10 he will be happy to introduce you to the different mechanics of the game. The PR-Team also made a manual that might be worth checking out (http://www.realitymod.com/manual/pr_manual.pdf)

If you do decide to come and play PR with us, here are two links that will guide you threw the installation process:

- the one on this website will cover the basic installation:http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ion-guide.html

- the on on my community's website covers the basics, but also the add-ons and some third-party software that the largest part of the PR playerbase use:How to get Project Reality? | PRTA - Project Reality Teamwork Alliance

Cheers,
Mineral

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
A.Bertorelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullah Yotam View Post
Hi everyone, I'm not too familiar with BF2 and the Project Reality mod, although I have been playing BF3 regularly and BC2 before that, but I've always been craving a game that is 100 percent realism. My questions are -

1) Would it work fine if I buy the Battlefield 2 Complete Edition?
2) Do the mods (such as Gaza and Beirut) need to be downloaded and installed or is it just the main mod (Project Reality) that needs to be downloaded and installed?
3) Is there anyone who would like to teach an enthusiastic gamer like myself and hook him up with a group of serious guys who know their shit? Preferably someone from Israel.

All the best.

EDIT: typo in the title lol, need some questions answered*
Hi, welcome to the forum

1) I dont think thats a problem, i have the BF2 Deluxe Edition so.
2) Gaza and Beirut are in the main mod. But there are a few expansion packs you should download to make your PR gaming experience bigger, first of all download the main mod (version 0.97), then download Project Normandy, Project Vietnam and the 0.97 Mappack.
3) I know there is an israeli clan on PR. But i forgot the name srry
Last edited by A.Bertorelli; 06-12-2012 at 05:51 PM..
Old 06-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
A.Bertorelli

lol someone wase before me.
Posting really gose slow for me since im so bad ad spelling english
A.Bertorelli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
Daniel

Best you play with the israeli clan @IDF : http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f522...ml#post1415515

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z
using Firefox on Android 4.4.4 "KitKat"
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
Pronck
Supporting Member

Remember get mumble up and running and also get a mic working.
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
Mullah Yotam

You guys are great. Thank you.

Another question that might sound stupid but I can't resist. Are all accessories and weapons available or is it a progress thing like in most games?
Mullah Yotam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
JimmyKid1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullah Yotam View Post
You guys are great. Thank you.

Another question that might sound stupid but I can't resist. Are all accessories and weapons available or is it a progress thing like in most games?
Yes, everything is available from the start. But, as mentioned before, you should learn how, because some people don't like it when you run off with the sniper kit, or take a tank, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JimmyKid1996 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
Mullah Yotam

Well aware of that, yeah.
Mullah Yotam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #10
Murphy

For your first few games I'd suggest jumping into a COOP server to get a handle on weapons, and assets (tanks/choppers/jets) as they are quite different then any other game you might be accustomed to. Read the manual and do your best to understand the theories put forth in it, experienced players have taken time to write this and it is quite often overlooked by newer players.

If you have problems with a particular aspect of the game don't be shy to ask a more knowledgeable player for tips and tricks, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

Last but not least make sure mumble is setup because this is the communication tool of PR. It takes the gaming experience to an entirely new level, and very few players don't use it, those who do not are mostly refusing to conform with the rest of the community.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
answered, asked, begin, playing, questions