project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default PR:BF2 Testing team is recruiting

The Project Reality Testing Team is recruiting for our next test cycle.

If you think about applying for this position please consider yourself the following questions and read this post thoroughly.

Requirements

Please ask yourself the following:
  • Am I patient? PR:BF2 Testing Sessions are often long and repetitive, with little action.
  • Am I mature? Remember that any Tester is also a PR Team member, and thus represents the entire Mod. Childish and irresponsible behaviour on the forums or in testing sessions will result in a speedy dismissal and a possible ban.
  • Do I feel the need to give something back to PR? Testing is not necessarily a fun process, and its success depends on the ability of its testers to understand that a free mod requires as much work as any paid-for game.
  • Do I have extensive experience playing PR:BF2? Almost all current testers have in game experience of at least 3 versions, and because of this, can rapidly spot when something is not quite right. Lack of experience is the most common reason that testing applications are turned down.
  • Do I know PR:BF2 inside out? A in-depth knowledge of the game and the peculiarities of the BF2 engine are absolutely essential qualities for any tester.
  • Do I have a keen eye for bugs or glitches? A good bug report is often the result of a keen and experienced in-game eye spotting a previously unknown issue.
  • Am I able to keep secrets for myself? As a tester you are able to see features long before the rest of the players. You will have to sign an NDA and you are not allowed to tell anybody about it.

If you have answered yes to all of the above questions, you may well make a good PR:BF2 Tester and we invite you to submit an application.

Further Information

The PR:BF2 Testing Team accepts applications from all around the world. However, there will be testing sessions held on weekday evenings EU Time (PR Time), and often continue for several hours. Exact days are decided based upon the majority of testers.

Because of this, we are mainly looking for European based testers, but that does not stop people from other time zones and countries from applying. A PR Tester's job is not done with just joining the testing sessions. There are plenty of opportunity to test by yourself on your own time, or with a group of testers from similar time zones. If you think you can work by yourself independently and get the job done, then feel free to apply regardless of where you come from.

It is important to note that you will not receive notice if your application is unsuccessful, though it will be kept on file for future consideration. If your application is successful, you will receive a Private Message on the PR Forums instructing you on what to do next.

Before applying, be honest to yourself about whether you can make this commitment or not. PR testing is serious business and requires lots of flexibility and dedication.

So, if you think you can help progress Project Reality and ensure the community gets the quality assurance they have come to expect from the PR team, please submit an application.

If you want to apply please use the testing team application page. All other forms of sign up will be ignored.
In case the above link does not work try this one instead.
As well as all past applications have been deleted so feel free to reapply if you already sent one in the past.

Deadline is Sunday, 06-24-2012 23:59 PRT. We will then go through the applications and select the individuals.
Please keep in mind that only successful applications will get notified via PM. In case of a decline you might be considered at a later point.

- The PR:BF2 Testing Management

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by BloodyDeed; 06-05-2012 at 09:39 AM..
Old 06-01-2012, 04:24 AM   #2
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR:BF2 Testing team is recruiting

Well, I applyed ages ago, you never got back to me on it, and I still want in. Should I send in a new application then? Remember it saying that sending in more then one is reaon enough to not get accepted.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:28 AM   #3
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed View Post
As well as all past applications have been deleted so feel free to reapply if you already sent one in the past.
Yes, if you didn't get in in the past doesn't mean you don't have a chance now. Its quite some stuff different now.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:49 AM   #4
Stealth Clobber

Would it be discouraged if we couldn't make the testing sessions because we would be working in the daytime (what would be daytime for me/North America), so we would only be able to test on our own or with other testers that are on at late EU times?

Old 06-01-2012, 04:52 AM   #5
[R-DEV]AncientMan
PR:BF2 Project Manager
Supporting Member

No, testing on your own time can be just as effective as testing with a group of people. Not all bugs need multiple people to find...

For example, there might be an item on the test list to confirm that weapon X has the right selection icon. You don't need multiple people to confirm that. Or, another example, simply running around on a new map looking for issues, such as floaters, misaligned statics, random ladders in the middle of nowhere... All these things you'd be able to do by yourself, wouldn't have to join a test session to help test those types of things.

Of course though, if you can make test sessions, you should most definitely help join in, as they tend to be much more enjoyable than running around all on your lonesome, and there are indeed some things that need multiple people to test, such as confirming AAS flags work, or testing kit requirements, etc etc. Also, if you do happen to get added to the team, you should try and make some time to attend at least the first or second test session, so you can get briefed on how things work and "meet the guys".

But yeah, the thing is, if you can't make test sessions, you still need to pull your weight and still test. Anyone trying to get on the team to see all the new goodies early will likely get banned right quick for wasting our time...

Last edited by [R-DEV]AncientMan; 06-01-2012 at 05:02 AM..
Old 06-01-2012, 04:54 AM   #6
RazoR41

I'd love to join, sign me up, i am very good at keeping secrets, don't expect one clue from me
Old 06-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #7
Stealth Clobber

Of course. Most people that would join for that likely wouldn't get in anyways. Lack of seriousness tends to show through on applications...

Old 06-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

If I may pose this question (in public because it might apply to others):

Assuming I'd be potentially interested, but had the problem of a rather.... uh, limited gaming rig. Would you only be looking for testers who can run PR properly on all maps, or would a few low end machines in the mix help optimizing (sadly a few (not many) of the recent maps will crash on me).

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via
Old 06-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #9
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

No, thats no problem.
In fact it would be good to have some testers with a low end machine to spot problems like on Ia Drang.
But you should be able to at least load all current maps properly.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #10
Jolly
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Jolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed View Post
No, thats no problem.
In fact it would be good to have some testers with a low end machine to spot problems like on Ia Drang.
But you should be able to at least load all current maps properly.
You are talking about players like me.

I'd love to join in, make the Game perfect, why not?

Just got some questions here.
Can not post anything on "testing team application page"
Except BUGs and attend test sessions, as ancientman mentioned.
Reporting possible balance issue and giving possible suggestion is a part of job of a tester?

做个大新闻!Make a Big News!
Last edited by Jolly; 06-02-2012 at 10:34 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
prbf2, recruiting, team, testing