project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
SmoothIsFast6
Default To: You BF2:PR Players

Try Arma2 project reality mod, you can pick it up for cheap and you will dig it. The servers are usually empty and they could use some PR community in them playing. If you can run fallagjua west then you can run ArmA2 Project Reality Mod, the taki maps run with like 50FPS more than any BF2:PR map so performance shouldn't be an issue. If you don't like the jaggies because you can't run anti aliasing just use FXAA

FXAA=15; (values 10 to 15)

What are you waiting for?

Price: $14.99

for awesome PR!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
LongHairedHuman

Default Re: To: You BF2:PR Players

"We PR:BF2 players" know it exists.

I tried it once, and didn't like it. I honestly don't like the controls of ARMA2, as it is quite complicated, and feels too heavy.

And FPS isn't map / game dependent, but differs from computer. My ARMA2 FPS is shitty compared to my BF2 FPS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
Vista

I don't like the C4 engine, it's not that I can't run it, I just love PR:BF2.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothIsFast6 View Post
If you can run fallagjua west then you can run ArmA2 Project Reality Mod
No.

If I could run Arma:CO on my computer i would definitively try it out.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
RGG:Dale

Send a message via Skype™ to RGG:Dale

The main thing which Im laughing about is the way people complained about Arma 2:PR's apparent clunkiness etc (which was all arma based).

Now DayZ is out they are playing it 24/7, what happened to all the problems with Arma?

haha how ironic
Old 05-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
SmoothIsFast6

if you can't run ArmA2 at 1080p with no aa everything else high and view distance at 1000m for good fps and 3000m for 30-40+ fps

than you need a new pc

anybody who hasn't tried i'm just saying get it and try shit i payed $60 for BF2 in '05 lmfao

Old 05-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
Cassius

I like very much PR ARMA2 . It is great has lots of potential but at 0.2 it isnt PRey yet, little things like 2 machineguns and 2 marksmenrifle in a 6 man squad still bug me.

BF2 PR took some time to mature and now I am gonna enjoy that, but as soon as the next version of PR ARMA is out I will be back. Patience, eventually players for the old game BF2 will run dry and when people will be looking for something like PR there will be a much more improved PR ARMA .

And as the PC goes, you can pick a pc up that runs PR ARMA 2 for like 400 Euro maybe, all components sparkling new. Also FPS in Multiplayer is A LOT higher than when bots are involved.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Old 05-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistamaster01 View Post
I don't like the C4 engine, it's not that I can't run it, I just love PR:BF2.
Arma 2 PR is not made on a C4 engine

Pr2 might be made on C4 engine
Old 05-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]rushn View Post
Arma 2 PR is not made on a C4 engine

Pr2 might be made on C4 engine
Isn't arma 2 made on the C4 engine?

What engine is it made on then?
Old 05-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Conman51

Its made on the ARMA 2 engine...what ever that may be called.

I tried to play PR ARMA alot. And i just dont like it as much as BF2 PR.

The controls feel clunky, movement fells rocky and awkward. And weapons are just too accurate, people just get a scoped rifle and then just shoot away at targets in the distance.

If there are no people on the servers its for a reason. I may come back to it after the next patch.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Closed Thread

Tags
bf2pr, players