project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
SmoothIsFast6
Default Re: To: You BF2:PR Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51 View Post
The controls feel clunky, movement fells rocky and awkward. And weapons are just too accurate, people just get a scoped rifle and then just shoot away at targets in the distance.
you can get a scoped rifle in BF2:PR and kill everybody from a distance, you're just not used to the game engine

i'll be playing ARMA2PR for awhile so feel free to hop in the server when you see me in there

and no admins on the server really help it out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistamaster01 View Post
I don't like the C4 engine, it's not that I can't run it, I just love PR:BF2.
Why you make me lol?

Waiting for PR2. Nuff said.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

B4TM4N
Old 05-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #13
CommunistComma
Banned

Arma's generally a bad game. It's a poorly made first person shooter.
Yes, it may have some features and fill a niche previously unfilled by any game, but technically and from a design standpoint, it's a bad game.
As for Dayz, Arma's still a bad game, Dayz just happens to be a game people have been waiting for for years. A zombie survival horror, that's actually about survival and legitimately crazy. Most people can get over Arma's MASSIVE flaws to play it.
If a half decent developer, even indie, approached the same concept they'd do a much better job, but therein lies the problem; nobody has.

As for Pr:Arma, it's a very good iteration of Arma, even with the technical difficulties (persistent bugs, bad sounds, and many other technical problems inheireted from Arma) the core gameplay design is very solid and is better than PR:Bf2 (obviously due to BF2's limitation of being old as shit) but Pr Arma still suffers from being Arma
Old 05-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #14
Anderson29
Supporting Member

well said commie, everything u mentioned is why i dont play armapr. plus i cant run it on high but i can run bf2pr on high and that is why i lean towards bf2pr. hopefully everything u mentioned will be fixed in the near future, along with the micro terrain....really looking forward to seeing that map.

in-game name : Anderson29
steam : Anderson2981
Old 05-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #15
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51 View Post
Its made on the ARMA 2 engine...what ever that may be called.

I tried to play PR ARMA alot. And i just dont like it as much as BF2 PR.

The controls feel clunky, movement fells rocky and awkward. And weapons are just too accurate, people just get a scoped rifle and then just shoot away at targets in the distance.

If there are no people on the servers its for a reason. I may come back to it after the next patch.
Real Virtuality 2 engine

Old 05-23-2012, 02:50 AM   #16
RGG:Dale

Send a message via Skype™ to RGG:Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistComma View Post
Arma's generally a bad game. It's a poorly made first person shooter.
Yes, it may have some features and fill a niche previously unfilled by any game, but technically and from a design standpoint, it's a bad game.
As for Dayz, Arma's still a bad game, Dayz just happens to be a game people have been waiting for for years. A zombie survival horror, that's actually about survival and legitimately crazy. Most people can get over Arma's MASSIVE flaws to play it.
If a half decent developer, even indie, approached the same concept they'd do a much better job, but therein lies the problem; nobody has.

As for Pr:Arma, it's a very good iteration of Arma, even with the technical difficulties (persistent bugs, bad sounds, and many other technical problems inheireted from Arma) the core gameplay design is very solid and is better than PR:Bf2 (obviously due to BF2's limitation of being old as shit) but Pr Arma still suffers from being Arma
So people are able to get over Armas flaws for a zombie mod but not support PR:Arma? Which at the moment needs a boost in activity from players.

This makes perfect sense to me tbh, im starting to realise that the PR I left 2 or 3 years ago is definitely not being pushed by the same people.

Oh and whoever said "im waiting for PR2" give me some evidence to show they are working on it.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:05 AM   #17
Pronck
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGG:Dale View Post
So people are able to get over Armas flaws for a zombie mod but not support PR:Arma? Which at the moment needs a boost in activity from players.

This makes perfect sense to me tbh, im starting to realise that the PR I left 2 or 3 years ago is definitely not being pushed by the same people.

Oh and whoever said "im waiting for PR2" give me some evidence to show they are working on it.
Yeah! I have the idea that they are screaming it around to get some more sw4gg4 G and respect, but in the end patient bear is the one that does the work....
Old 05-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #18
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Re: 'To: You BF2:PR Players'

To: You ArmA2:PR Players

Everyone has their preferences, I like both mods; but I prefer the pace of BF2PR more given limited play time. (Since i only have PRSP atm waaaah!)

A2 is a good game, but just takes too long, A2PR is better, but I think it lost a few of the gameplay gems that BF2PR created; e.g. using tiny capzones etc is supposed to be a thing of the past

Old 05-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #19
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGG:Dale View Post
DayZ, despite all the bad sides of ArmA is still fun, unlike PR:ArmA.

But anyways...I'll give PR:ArmA another whirl once it actually starts...u know...being PR and not some random "improvement" mod with the PR logo

Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 AM   #20
RGG:Dale

Send a message via Skype™ to RGG:Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
DayZ, despite all the bad sides of ArmA is still fun, unlike PR:ArmA.

But anyways...I'll give PR:ArmA another whirl once it actually starts...u know...being PR and not some random "improvement" mod with the PR logo
What are you on? seriously have you played the mod?

the Commo rose was made because of BF2:PR

the gameplay designs were made the same as BF2:PR

the squad selections are the same as a BF2:PR.

They even made weapon selection on the top numbers of the keyboard.

the only difference is the Arma engine, which ill say again you will easily overcome for DayZ.

This all tells me one thing and that is you clearly haven't played the mod, or if you have it was once and that was for about 1 hour.

I am sorry if I am receiving the wrong message but basically what your saying is you are not willing to play another PR game mod unless its been tested and done for you so you can play the game you want to, without any suggestions or contribution in time?
Closed Thread

Tags
bf2pr, players