project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #71
Beav

Default Re: Why did nobody join the 128Player Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingbird0901 View Post
Its still up.. You haven't missed your chance.
Joined in for a bit, very nice. 119 when I was in, that is AWESOME!! Big bonus, NO LAG!!
Beav is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #72
nicoX
Supporting Member

Before I found 128 as too much, but now it runs nice and mature.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nicoX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #73
Andersson
Supporting Member

We had some great rounds yesterday (saturday 2nd june 2012).
Will it up be again this afternoon Soppa?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Andersson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #74
Soppa

Yes, another thing what we need to test is with maaaany assets.

So kashan 128 is running now with crazy amount of vehicles.
10 jets, 10 bombers, 10 attack helos, more than 50 tanks & apc's

//Soppa

Soppa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #75
Arnoldio
Banned

And the point of this testing with sick amount of vehicles is?

Also, yes ysterday when i joined on kashan, i was leading and other SLs on MEC side were also cooperative, nice, iron eagle was a bit meh and fools road was mainly a disaster. But was fun nontheless, atleast squads were approximately where they should be, just at the wrong time.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #76
Andersson
Supporting Member

Join the OLUT 126 man server gents ! It's up 'n running !

Andersson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #77
Cc Moreau Cc

Send a message via Skype™ to Cc Moreau Cc

Shame I missed it. I was redownloading BF2.
Cc Moreau Cc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #78
Joker86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noergaard View Post
Pros for 128:
For me one of the major differences is the feel of a front line. With more people it becomes much more difficult to flank or run past enemy defense. In that sense more fighting is a natural consequence. You have to engage straight with the enemy much more, and to do that, infantry tactics is crucial. It is no longer enough to flank around and kill 5-6 guys with some nades. With 8 people lying on the other ridge, you need a much more decisive attack. Furthermore, firefights are longer and preserving ammo, ensuring logistics become much more important.

And yes, heavy assets play a vital role here. But that is also cool! I remember a firefight in Kashan Dessert (Yes, that cr... map is actually fun with more people
We had been fighting from a ridge for at least 10 mins. Not being able to push on, but at least able to hold the line (again with to squads, around 15ppl and 4 medics that is more easy). Finally our CAS came to rescue after winning the dogfights in the air. That was epic and can only happen with 128!
Well, then I was not so wrong after all!

Until now, I imagine that I prefer small skirmishes over big battle, simply due to the fact that with more players the battlefield becomes deadlier, and if it's deadlier winning is not so much about being better, it's only about having superior numbers at the right time and the right place. Which doesn't sound so good in theory. More dying and waiting, looking at the respawn screen or the sky.

And I don't like too many vehicles either, because all the different infantry classes are being rendered useless, and only the HAT can still engage in a fight, while the LAT can engage to a limited extend, and the combat engineer to a VERY limited extend. All the other ways of elminating armour as infantry somehow involve help from someone else, like targeting them as laser or at least the help of an AT emplacement.

But, again, I know it's only my imagination, so the next time I am checking the servers, and I see there is a server with more than 64 slots AND players, I will connect. Problem is, I usually play at around 01:00 am to 04:00 am before going to bed, in Germany, so I don't know if it's a good time for finding NA players on the servers. Usually only 1 or two servers are (almost) full, and two or thre others have like 1-10 players on.
Joker86 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #79
Joker86

Okay, I just joined an almost-full 128 players server.

Suqad limit was reached, and all suqads were either full or locked. I couldn't join anybody and kept receiving the message that I should join a squad.

Until there is something done about the squad limit or something else to prevent that shit, 128 has died for me
Joker86 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #80
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Can I advice people to give feedback to servers on the appropriate threads?

-Olut: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f29-...europe-32.html

since this one is closed you should PM Soppa or go to their forums at Soppa's request

-PRTA 128 testing: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f29-...merica-13.html
or on our website

on the PRTA side of things, we did the 128 testing quite quickly. Our rules will get a update in the next days to match with the different gameplay of 128 testing. People who played on PRTA SISU 128 a couple weeks ago can expect what they will get.

[R-DEV]Mineral is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
128player, 128player server, join, pr community, server