project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
Murphy

Default Re: Why did nobody join the 128Player Server

I'm tired of getting team killed everywhere I go.

I grew wary of half the players of any given squad doing their own damn thing because it's too difficult to keep that many people focused.

It's tiresome getting to a flag and doing what any normal PR player would considered standard, then checking the map to realize the team looks like they were scattered by the wind thanks to SLs having little to no squad cohesion.

It's annoying to try to use mumble (which should be a HUGE upside to having that many players) and realizing you cannot communicate to anyone outside your squad, pointless much?

Too many little issues add up to one massive load of "not giving a shit". I love the 128 player idea, and in theory it puts PR head and shoulders above every other online shooter. Too bad in practice it turns sour very quickly.

Also the server lags to hell for a lot of non-European players.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:54 AM   #22
Ron-Schultz

Quote:
Too many people makes it too unorganized, which then again gives way too many retards doing nothing.
Quote:
Because there's too much stupidity going on in 128 server. Gameplay usually sucks there.
Quote:
Because the overall stupidity on all servers has grown in the past time and since the 128 had always more derp, now it's unbearable and makes anyone interested in the slightliest in teamwork ragequite and/or smash his/hers PC.
Always the same dumb argument against the 128 server. The problem is that some people are not capable of leading 8-24 people(e.g. in a Platoon). You can find bad teamplay everywhere, also on 64 servers. But I had my best rounds (and Im playing PR for nearly 5 years now without a large gamingbreak) on the 128 server. I know leading more people is more stressful, but if you do it right, there is even more teamplay on the 128 then on a 64.

And to the comments above: I think you guys just joined a bad round on sisu, made your coice how u think about the 128 and keep on plaing on the 64. and btw when u only play on the 64 you cant say that there is no teamplay on the 128 because u cant know it.

Playing PR since .756
Ron-Schultz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #23
[R-DEV]K4on
PR:BF2 Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

I prefer to play on the [NEW] or on the NwA server. I experienced more good teamplay there, which of course doesn't mean the 128p servers teamplay is bad.

[R-DEV]K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #24
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

Also leading a 10 man squad of pubbies is an insurmountable task for even the most patient of SLs. I can handle maybe 8, but more than that is far beyond my abilities.

That combined with the fact that every time I've been on that server I've seen almost no teamwork. Most squads don't even try to speak english and I've yet to successfully communicate with anyone over SL mumble.

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Jedimushroom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #25
CommunistComma
Banned

People may or may not be able to handle the larger squad sizes, I personally can handle at least 12 players in my squad without too much difficulty. It's all about leadership ability, a skill which many good players lack or lack enough of to handle the ~12 players.

That aside even if you get a good squad together and are fully capable of dealing with you and yours, if the people around you are playing terribly you're still going to become frusterated. If there's no admins to deal with the people who aren't just unskilled but malicious(IE asset stealing and teamkilling), it's not going to be fun.
CommunistComma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #26
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Schultz View Post
Always the same dumb argument against the 128 server. The problem is that some people are not capable of leading 8-24 people(e.g. in a Platoon). You can find bad teamplay everywhere, also on 64 servers. But I had my best rounds (and Im playing PR for nearly 5 years now without a large gamingbreak) on the 128 server. I know leading more people is more stressful, but if you do it right, there is even more teamplay on the 128 then on a 64.

And to the comments above: I think you guys just joined a bad round on sisu, made your coice how u think about the 128 and keep on plaing on the 64. and btw when u only play on the 64 you cant say that there is no teamplay on the 128 because u cant know it.
Absolute bullshit, I've lead 12+ men squads composed entirely out of people I didn't know/wasn't used to play with and did still a kick ass job (yeh yeh self confidence blablabla, I'm awesome, period). The bigger issue lies in the team itself, not your squad. Other squadleaders not reacting, not doing their job, doing their job wrong, being bad at what they are doing, grievers, admins giving zero shit, random smurfs pissing you off constantly.

These are syndromes every servers suffer from but with less people, less commitment by the administration staff is required to keep everything smooth.

Also, I've probably played more than you on that server, I was even an admin there for quite some time (both under OLUT and PRTA), so you can keep that "you haven't played enough" for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistComma View Post
That aside even if you get a good squad together and are fully capable of dealing with you and yours, if the people around you are playing terribly you're still going to become frusterated. If there's no admins to deal with the people who aren't just unskilled but malicious(IE asset stealing and teamkilling), it's not going to be fun.
This

I used to be like you Ron, defending the 128 till the bitter end but eventually you'll recognize the truth once you stumble over an incredible amount of stupidity.
NOTE!I'm not necessarily saying the 128 is worst than 64 players (atleast not always), all servers have become quite unbearable from time to time.

Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #27
Arnoldio
Banned

Its retard magnet and the "new" effect wore off. I blame on retarded players, who are SLs, just for the sake of having their own squad with 3 buddies, doing tanks in some god forsaken part of the map. And amongst 60 people, you get 6 squads like that and 3 good squads... its pointless. SLs should be good an communicative, other pubs would tag along and do what they can with thir limited minds... as soon as one of them is SL its a lost case.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #28
Nugiman

Most rounds I play on 64+ servers are absolutely great. Sure there are some fail rounds where team doesnt work well and loose after 30-60 minutes, but which server DOESNT have fail rounds??
Most guys creating a squad there are experienced squad leaders, because noobs dont dare to lead such a big squad. And even if you find a squad that has a leader without mic, or a leader with mic but no authoritiy, just ask him kindly if he dont mind to give u the squadleader and then just make it better!
Dont whine about bad gameplay guys, its YOU about to change it to good gameplay.
Cant understand anyone who prefers 64 players, its so 2005.

Veni, Vidi, Pwnz0rz. - I came, I saw, I pwnd
Nugiman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #29
CommunistComma
Banned

Idiots make squads on 128 all the time. There's a lot of times when there's 3 half empty squads called "Alpha" or "Gamma" where retards can 1 man army, but instead they make a NEW squad and run around taking up a pointless slot so nobody else can make a useful squad.
And then more retards join their squad for lack of a better option. Then you have a 12 man squad with absolutely no communication or teamwork. So what? They can wander off and not affect the teamworking elements of the team. But as I previously mentioned, it's hard to bear the weight of an incompetent team on the back of one squad.
CommunistComma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #30
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

The 128 mode is perfectly fine. The server administration lately is not though. Don't mix up things.

However, I do agree that the amount of stupidity to deal with is much higher and sometimes rubbing on unbearable. A lot of active admins are needed to provide the players the means for a decent round.

[R-COM]Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
128player, 128player server, join, pr community, server