project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
27 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #61
Trooper909

Trooper909's Avatar
Default Re: Insurgency needs a quick fix ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
I say go back to where both teams had an overwhelming number of objectives(caches) to deal with, that way it doesn't get bogged down at one or two caches but rather splits up the combat into many smaller firefights.

Screw the insurgents who can't defend unknowns.
This this and this.The way it used to be.Pronk this is actually a nerf to blufor trust me.

Mojo I dont remember crashing being the reason for the random spawn and all caches at once removal I remember it being because of whine and I also remember them saying it will never return due to that "realism" argument everyone uses to make insurgents cannon fodder.
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #62
badmojo420
Supporting Member
Default Re: Insurgency needs a quick fix ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post
Its patently dishonest to suggest that Insurgents "can't defend unknown caches", up until now a large part of the meta game for Insurgency has been "don't defend unknown caches because it gives them away" to the extent that there are server rules about not spawning on unknowns and people will bitch at you for doing so. That is not the same thing as being unable or unwilling.
Did you read the rest of my large wall of text? I talked about the communities hate for spawning on unknowns. And it's specifically that boycott of defending unknowns that led to blufor unknown hunting becoming so popular.

But my comment about "screw those who can't defend" is more to counter the arguments I've gotten when suggesting we go back to a system of more caches, rather than less. People seem to think that if we give the INS more unknowns, we're going to have more undefended unknowns, and massive unknown hunting happening. Maybe that will be the case, but I strongly believe people will deal with it and start defending unknowns again. Not to mention with more caches on the map, 90% of the INS team won't be stacked up on one cache location, instead they'll be more spread out.

So in short when I say "Screw the insurgents who can't defend unknowns." I'm saying screw people who don't want to defend them, people who want the insurgency gamemode to be AAS with 1 cache instead of a flag. They're the type of people who never defend flags in AAS, they're moving PR in the wrong direction.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #63
Anderson29
Supporting Member

Anderson29's Avatar
Default Re: Insurgency needs a quick fix ASAP!

i really don't think insurgency is broken like some think....its just that the maps that blufor have overwhelming fire power are the ones most often played...for example kokan U.S. army with 2 Kiowas, apc, crow and taliban not having 50cal techis spawn at main vs Canada version which doesn't have the overwhelming fire power where taliban win majority of the time and therefore not played at much. on kokan if you dont go to the quad cannon and recover those techis then expect to lose as taliban.....

same with albasra, you dont see the tank version played that much because insurgents win that version more often than not. karbala with 2 Kiowas, tank and strykers...big blufor advantage, and if you don't get all bridges destroyed on karbala and basra as insurgents...expect to lose no matter which version is playing.

ramiel with 1 Kiowa isnt bad. insurgents have plenty of 50 cal techis that spawn at main, i say insurgent have a decent chance to win that map if hideouts are built and good defenses are in place. im not even sure what the alternate version is for that because its probably not played that much.

so in conclusion, i would like to see some things mentioned in this thread tested but the main problem in my opinion is still map assets favor 1 side or another.

in-game name : Anderson29
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline
Last edited by Anderson29; 05-25-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #64
Human_001

Human_001's Avatar
Default Re: Insurgency needs a quick fix ASAP!

I play Insurgent whenever possible. Actually I play China/Russia whenever possible too. It seems I'm the rare Opfor fan.


(I decided to delete this 5 or 6 sentence chapter. But, below is the conclusion.)

This is the first problem with Broken Insurgency. Players that are eager to win all goes to one side.
And this Treasure hunting or sometime ghosting can be the side effects of eagerness to win. At least sometime I can see it that way.


And to those who argue Blufor is too well armed for Insurgent to win, I think Insurgents are too well armed. I don't know if current armament is representing real life or done so in favor of balance, which I don't like for reality sake. If it's severely unbalanced in real life, I'd like to see it severely unbalanced in PR.
For example Insurgent have almost same number of armed jeep (Technical) as Blufor's armed jeep, which has same armament. They also have Technical with Reoilless rifle (SPG Technical). And in case of UK vs INS, INS Technical obviously has advantage because it maneuvers like straight out of vanilla BF2.
I don't know much about reality of Iraq War other than stuff on Internet and News. And although I hear about Insurgent using IEDs and RPGs,I never heard about Insurgent using Technical.
Also with the pickup kit. You can pick up up to 3 Machine Gun that fires full size rifle round, nearly 7 RPG with 3 rounds each, and Sniper and all those goodness without restriction of Squad/kit ordering. On the other hand, supposedly 'too strong' Blufor, they can't have a squad with 3 LAT kit with 3 rocket each which makes them RPG squad with 9 rockets to salvo, or leet to suddenly go on 10 kill no death sniper mission, or have 2 Anti Tank Grenades that obliterate armored jeep with single hit or, unlimited number of Rifleman AP kit. If anything, Blufor should have the blasting number of LMGs and LATs to salvo not Insurgent because, even with my limited knowledge I can imagine and guess conventional military has more Rockets and Machine Guns than civilians with weapons that they obtain from who knows where.

So, I don't think it's correct to blame Broken Insurgency on Blufor armed better than Insurgents. If Blufor are armed better and wins every time, then that is I guess realistic.
I do understand PR people will say real and unbalanced game will only appeal to few and most will reject it. But if mod goes to balanced, Insurgent will devolve back to BF2 Special Force.


Maybe problem lies in theme of Insurgency mode itself, the cache hunting. Well I don't know really. With my knowlege I can't even tell theme of 'cache hunting' as depiction of Insurgency is one of realistic option or not.
Human_001 is offline
Last edited by Human_001; 05-26-2012 at 03:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #65
Pronck
Supporting Member

Pronck's Avatar
Default Re: Insurgency needs a quick fix ASAP!

Well it would still be nice to get a bigger diversity weapons, we don't need them all at one. But I can live with one 20MM Bofors techy instead of 3 .50 cal techys. And by the way insurgents have way more things that we think they have, especially Taliban but don't always use them.
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:11 AM   #66
SGT.Ice

SGT.Ice's Avatar
Default Re: Insurgency needs a quick fix ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Mahi View Post
Amen! The man preaches the truth... Nah but really, it's sad to see the insurgency mode falling to pieces because so many only play BLUFOR. I would love to see insurgents get some of their "power" back. Back in the days where we had proper IED's and molotovs... Now that was fun for both sides. Admitted the IED's back then where a bit overpowered but the amount of nerfing it went through is just ridiculous.

Before you say anything against that, I will remind you that BLUFOR were perfectly capable of winning the rounds back then. BLUFOR players cries to much. ... "Oh the molotovs are bugged because they can burn through vehicles, you say?"... "Well don't park your damn CROW humwee 5 ft. from a building if you know the area is hostile, fool!"

Seriously if BLUFOR actually worked together in insurgency, it wouldn't had been necessary to nerf insurgents that much. But EVERYONE wants to be able to steam roll insurgents apparently.
Back in maaaaaaaaaaaayeeeee day. IED's killed people, an the bombcar was to be feared. Them molotov jibber jabber carrying people were always blocking the road and this unknown hunt bull wasn't going on. Why back in mayeeeeeeeeeee day, we had more guys with explosives thannnnnn AKKKKKKs.

And from reading this it would seem some people are not aware of the short range of the RPG but long range of thermal/armor. The RPG was designed with the range of armor in mind and the means to kill them for a reason, was 8 seconds to fire accurately not enough to balance for the range? Seems not since the range is about 1/3 what it should be.

The Only way that "insurgency is broken" is from insurgents getting nerfed due to the whiney children that like to mob onto BLUFOR for the assets and fail with them or lack teamwork. Back in 0.7 when I first started playing all people did was Insurgency BECAUSE IT WAS FUN. Now it's practically heracy. The RPG flew like it was meant to, IED's kept people from tard rushing and people on their toes. Now the IED isn't even that scary, IED's often times are meant to kill vehicles , the old ones got the point across (Fear/area denial). More times than not you'll see armor getting closer to towns now, because the IED is a joke now.

In the desert the force with the most area denial is king. But when you lack sufficient ability to broadcast such a threat to the enemy, area denial does not matter. If the IED's came back about half way towards their former glory to induce that fear factor again and/or the RPG got a slight range increase again, we'd be in business like the old days. It never took one regular RPG to kill a tank, that's reality, so why should it take 1 HE shell to murder a squad or guy with an RPG from far beyond his effective range easily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
Did you read the rest of my large wall of text? I talked about the communities hate for spawning on unknowns. And it's specifically that boycott of defending unknowns that led to blufor unknown hunting becoming so popular.
We have lift off.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SGT.Ice is offline
Last edited by SGT.Ice; 05-27-2012 at 02:21 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:31 AM   #67
Stealth Clobber

Stealth Clobber's Avatar
Default Re: Insurgency needs a quick fix ASAP!

Maybe they could make it like how you spawn a hideout or FOB, right click on the cellphone, place cache somewhere hidden, start the defense. Only problem is you never know where the thing is gonna end up with the BF2 engine, but at least inside a building. (Getting it under that table on Kokan would be hard).

Only thing I see wrong with that is caches spawning in mid air, and the fact that all the placeable stuff has 6 ft of dirt to account for that.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stealth Clobber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #68
ComradeHX

ComradeHX's Avatar
Default Re: Insurgency needs a quick fix ASAP!

Perhaps make it so that a single known weapons cache moves every 20 minutes with insurgents defending it(majority of players in 100m radius is insurgents, maybe) so single cache that is impossible to attack will not cause insurgents to win, and single cache that is impossible to defend is not guaranteed to die(if blufor is not fast enough or insurgents delayed them somehow). After it moves, it becomes unknown and BluFor has to re-acquired intel points.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #69
Pronck
Supporting Member

Pronck's Avatar
Default Re: Insurgency needs a quick fix ASAP!

No because that causes the insurgents to not make a proper defense since it will replace by the time it is done.
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #70
ComradeHX

ComradeHX's Avatar
Default Re: Insurgency needs a quick fix ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Pronk(NL) View Post
No because that causes the insurgents to not make a proper defense since it will replace by the time it is done.
That would mean insurgents are stupid since the cache will be dead within 20 minutes.

Insurgents do not take a long time to set up defenses if people learned that one sapper placing minefield is not enough.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
asap, fix, insurgency, quick
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.