project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #21
Pronck
Supporting Member

Default Re: Insurgency needs a quick fix ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican View Post
Should remove cache markers altogether. Intel should come from team comms, like enemy movements or spotted cache weapons
You sir just won the jackpot!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #22
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)
PR Server License Moderator

What if ins dont even go close to the "known" cache, then its just like hunting for unknowns. Might want to actually read what people suggest and compare to your own suggestion before you agree with everything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #23
thedarkhorse

I still maintain that insurgency should be tweaked so that there are never 2 unknowns at any time.

Example: If in a round at one point there is 1 known and 1 unknown, if the known goes down then no new cache spawns until the other unknown cache becomes known. There could still be 2 known caches at a time this way, and the only time there is only 1 cache on the map is when the blufor has no knowns. Once they have earned the intelligence points to make that single cache known visible on the map then they are rewarded with the knowledge that an unknown has spawned as well. "Hunting" for the unknowns can still be a part of the game, but to have that second unknown cache around for Blufor to hunt they have to first earn intelligence points by engaging insurgents.
thedarkhorse is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #24
Trooper909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican View Post
Should remove cache markers altogether. Intel should come from team comms, like enemy movements or spotted cache weapons
Dought anybody would go for this but I love the idea.It would promote a game of cat and mouse better and insurgents could actually mess with blu by furiously defending a useless point on the map like it should be with unknowns now.

Still wont help with the ghosting problem mind you.

Also the game mode altogether has got way out of balance ( know is spose to be),I mean what happened to insurgents being a highly mobile defensive force with advantage of the land and blu having all high tech gear to assault and also dig in with?
Now blu are the highly mobile force wile insurgents are a static force without the tools to be static like blu has and blu is still high tech......its stupid to take away the only advantage insurgents had,Speed and mobility while giving blu more mobility and technology.
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #25
SterrUwe321

Send a message via Skype™ to SterrUwe321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson29 View Post
this would cause blufor to do patrols or what we use to call when i was in iraq..."ied finding missions" then report a tic (troops in contact) and bring the reinforcements. it could work.
that would be awesome

"STUPID Freeman0092" so genius

playing PR since 0.45
SterrUwe321 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #26
Truism

Insurgency has never been alright. I really hope it gets fixed sometime.

SSGTSEAL <headshot M4> Osama

Counter-Terrorists Win!
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #27
Anderson29
Supporting Member

well insurgency has had many changes... i remember when all caches spawned at the beginning of the round and insurgents had about 10-15 different spawn points (permanent rallies) spread out through the map not counting the cache spawn points and when these spawn points would get knifed they would come back 15 minutes later so you were always having to re-clear land you had cleared previously or risk 1 of those permanent rallies coming back up and getting shot in the back. and yes insurgents use to win those rounds to sometimes.

so insurgency has come a long way since then, and for the better i would say. mumble in my opinion is making far better games as far as teamwork is concerned compared to the past and i've been here since the beginning.

and to be honest i dont know if there is much else that can be drastically changed. if there is just 1 cache at a time it will be a meat-grinder of a round with people's k/d's looking similar to vanilla and that's not what we want.

if the "no 2 unknowns on map at a time" idea can be implemented that would be great to test and see how it goes....same thing goes for having "no intel marks at all" and just having blufor collect their own intel and prosecute their own missions based on that intel gotten by reporting tic's (troops in contact) to the rest of the team and by observations of enemy movements by recon teams and uav....that's how its done in real life. and of course harsh interrogation techniques such as "punch civi in face with flex cuffs"

Opfor forces could benefit from some map asset and balance tweaking that were mentioned on the first page but other than that i dont know much else that the dev team could do.... i pray they dont go back to the old rally system especially if more larger number player servers are in the near future. but its up to the devs to decide. i hear that on organized matches where teamwork is taken to the max that opfor win more than the blufor do in insurgency and if this is true and the above changes were implemented then that would just make it even more difficult for blufor in organized play.

in-game name : Anderson29
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #28
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
Insurgency has never been alright. I really hope it gets fixed sometime.
The mode in its entirety is so unrealistic and flawed that it's beyond fixing. It's been 3 versions of arduous repetitive combat that constantly favors one team: either the caches are impenetrable or effortlessly easy no matter how skilled the Insurgents.

I just loathe every time it's played, it baffles me why people like to play it when AAS is so much more tactical, realistic, fair and more importantly, fun.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #29
Trooper909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson29 View Post
well insurgency has had many changes... i remember when all caches spawned at the beginning of the round and insurgents had about 10-15 different spawn points (permanent rallies) spread out through the map not counting the cache spawn points and when these spawn points would get knifed they would come back 15 minutes later so you were always having to re-clear land you had cleared previously or risk 1 of those permanent rallies coming back up and getting shot in the back. and yes insurgents use to win those rounds to sometimes..
Advantage of insurgents, mobility and the ability to attack from any angle.Bluefor advantage? massive guns and more organized squads..Insurgents could rearm from any vehicle than also and had weapons hidden throughout the map not just caches.

I like to think of that as the golden age of the game mode.Maybe wasn't the most realistic (it never will be) but it was a lot more fun than now.
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:37 AM   #30
=HCM= Shwedor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
The mode in its entirety is so unrealistic and flawed that it's beyond fixing. It's been 3 versions of arduous repetitive combat that constantly favors one team: either the caches are impenetrable or effortlessly easy no matter how skilled the Insurgents.

I just loathe every time it's played, it baffles me why people like to play it when AAS is so much more tactical, realistic, fair and more importantly, fun.
I couldn't agree more. AAS is a much better gamemode, insurgency is nothing but a systematic hunt for unknown caches now. I personally have almost all the locations ingame memorized. And if the unknown is too hard to find, a C4 guy can easily take out the known. The only map where the gamemode seems to work is Korengal, and that is because the terrain is so tough to traverse for both sides with vehicles and the caves offer the defender a massive advantage. Otherwise, it is a stacked battle against the insurgent/taliban forces. I find now that even Lashkar is incredibly easy. Truthfully it has all become quite boring, and I find myself leaving to play other games instead of PR because insurgency is overplayed and overly easy. Insurgency needs a strong workover to be even slightly playable.

shwedor
=HCM= Shwedor is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
asap, fix, insurgency, quick