project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
Pronck
Supporting Member

Default Re: Insurgency needs a quick fix ASAP!

I support you Andersson! But keep in mind, 12 people are 2 squads, which is almost half the team. But what about making the servers who roulate only "64" maps 50v50 instead, maybe that should solve that case....
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #12
Wadziu
Project Reality Beta Tester

Question is, why bluefor prefer to search for treasure instead of attacking known cache??

Well on city maps (most of ins) its a meat-grinder for any bluefor squad just trying to get into cache area. As soon as you fire first bullet, in few seconds you get stormed by lonewolfs with AK's from every direction, from every window, rain of grenades drop on your heads from every roof and even if you make it through the first wave and start to heal wounded you just get raped by the same guys spawning few meters away on hideout! It is almost impossible to destroy such cache inside city! APC support can't do s**t either because of all the bombcars, RPGs and IEDs.

Only time bluefor can destroy know cache is when ins team is bunch of noobs spread around whole map, ambushing trucks... end even if you somehow beat whole insurgency team, you loose most of your tickets.

Insurgency have only sense on maps like Archer/ Kokan/ Lashkar where bluefor can actually secure place before detonating cache.
Wadziu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #13
Pronck
Supporting Member

So delete all weapons for the insurgents? And BLUFOR can take out caches against organized insurgents, but it takes a lot of teamwork then, so not only one squad that does it well but a whole team.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:00 AM   #14
sr.bambino

Insurgency is simple.
A well organized INS team will beat an unorganized BLUFOR
A well organized BLUEFOR will beat an unorganized INS

If both sides are organized, and I mean:
1) INS setup ambushes, IEDs, they flank, they keep together in squads, and have inter-squad communication
2) BLUFOR softens defenses w/ Mortars & CAS, APCs cover infantry advance & suppress INS defense positions

well then you have great team work and it doesn't matter who wins!

Am I seriously the only one who doesn't care if I win? When both teams operate w/ good team work I have a great time. So instead of complaining about losing why don't you focus on improving the team work within the PR community?
sr.bambino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #15
Tequila
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

There was a beta up a few weeks ago where there was only one cache up at a time and reduced tickets. I didn't like the idea until I played it. Every single game came to a matter of a few tickets. It was amazing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tequila is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #16
Pronck
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr.bambino View Post

Am I seriously the only one who doesn't care if I win? When both teams operate w/ good team work I have a great time. So instead of complaining about losing why don't you focus on improving the team work within the PR community?
Well I don't like to lose from treasure hunters while I am defending the known cache. If I lose because the BLUFOR attacked our known caches effectively I accept it, but I don't accept it if we lose because a squad is afraid of firefights and starts treasure hunting.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:48 AM   #17
Jamaican

Should remove cache markers altogether. Intel should come from team comms, like enemy movements or spotted cache weapons
Jamaican is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #18
SterrUwe321

Send a message via Skype™ to SterrUwe321

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Pronk(NL) View Post

I am just done with it, it seems people only choose the side of the BLUFOR.....
And that's the problem PR had for yrs. But developers never listen.

Pr looses players becaus of that fact. They should save the Mod by increasing the strength of the Insurgents.

Edit: The biggest joke is the 10-20min "No-kits-for-you" Punishment that you get for killing civis.
I saw Apc gunners, shooting on purpose on civis. And you know why? it doesn't matter. The APC needs 20mins to respawn, when the "No-kits-for-you" time allready has gone . So they don't give a f**k and just keep shooting on civis.

THAT MAKES NO SENSE! Increase it to 60min! So they feel it, that they shouldn't kill civis.
And nobody cares about the Intelligents Points. The Blufor team is ghosting anyways xDDD
Last edited by SterrUwe321; 05-21-2012 at 08:14 AM..
Old 05-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #19
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican View Post
Should remove cache markers altogether. Intel should come from team comms, like enemy movements or spotted cache weapons
this a billion times!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Mineral is online now Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #20
Anderson29
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican View Post
agreed! this should be tested.

excellent idea jamaican.

this would cause blufor to do patrols or what we use to call when i was in iraq..."ied finding missions" then report a tic (troops in contact) and bring the reinforcements. it could work.

in-game name : Anderson29
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
asap, fix, insurgency, quick