project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #121
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Default Re: Soundmod 0.4 releasedate announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsaw.exe View Post
Sounds great looking forward to hearing it for myself in game.
Couple of questions, will these be included as the standard sound effects for future releases of pr and also can you play on a soundmod server, without soundmod? If yes then why don't all the servers get it installed!
Without the soundmod you can play on Soundmod servers don't worry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #122
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to lucky.BOY Send a message via Skype™ to lucky.BOY

All servers dont enable it because enabling it means turning off md5 checks (AFAIK), and that makes the server prone to cheaters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #123
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
All servers dont enable it because enabling it means turning off md5 checks (AFAIK), and that makes the server prone to cheaters.
PR is crawling with cheaters because it's such a competitive game, NOT. Nevertheless, PB never really helped against cheaters and hackers.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #124
Figer

Wow nice sound mod guy! really good experience
Old 05-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #125
chainsaw.exe

Quote:
I thought it said on the website that you don't have to, you have to ask anders how to do it or something.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #126
Oskar

Send a message via MSN to Oskar

Quote:
Incorrect, MD5 checks are still enabled on SoundMod enabled servers. Checksums for the SM files have been added though, and since the files are modified the servers are kept locked. This still allows anyone to join, whether they have the SM enabled or not.

Xfire: wrestlersesf
Old 05-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #127
Daniel

And concerning cheaters? Only soundfiles not checked by MD5 anymore, or MD5 now for new soundmod-files updated or sth. similar?

Old 05-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #128
Oskar

Send a message via MSN to Oskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
And concerning cheaters? Only soundfiles not checked by MD5 anymore, or MD5 now for new soundmod-files updated or sth. similar?
Not sure if I understand. MD5 checksums are modified to include soundmod files, yes.
I'm not too familiar with the inner workings, but cheaters definitely get the boot by MD5 checks regardless of whether SM checksums have been added or not.

Presumably you add a MD5 hash, a string of numbers and letters that are an encrypted description of the content that is to be allowed for players who join the server. I'd rather let someone with more insight tell you exactly how its done.

Xfire: wrestlersesf
Old 05-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #129
Daniel

I get it. Alright so far. thx for the explanation.
So cheater, u have no better chances on SM-enabled (calling it "sound(-)modded")-servers!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #130
chainsaw.exe

I think I understand. In any case all the servers should add it then, they have nothing to lose right?
Closed Thread

Tags
announcement, releasedate, soundmod