project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #111
[R-DEV]-=anders=-
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Soundmod 0.4 releasedate announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Schultz View Post
so we can also play on olut then with sm enabled? would be awesome
yes ofcourse mate
Old 05-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #112
Soldier_Zyc0

I accidently removed the original serverarchives.con file, and now I can't disable the mod with the sm control panel. Where can I find that backup file?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #113
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR Server License Administrator

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64617768/serverarchives.con

This is the PR vanilla one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #114
English_infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=anders=- View Post
I'm abit envious of you guys whos got computer speakers But I think they take too much of space here. I've atleast tried to play some fraps videos up in my big ass Canton home theater system and boy am I bumping up and down in the couch. Wish I could play with those speakers on my computer...
Mate its got to be done, you really cant appreciate your work untill the tables start shaking and the doors rattle when a apc rocks up ... When those rounds twang past im diving under the settee for cover hahaha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #115
death87

I dont know if it's just me or others and I've done a fresh reinstall of the sound mod but whenever it's activated, some of the U.S. soldier voice commands don't work. Namely "Medic, roger that, cease fire, needing pickup" and maybe one other.

I can hear them from other players, I think. But just never coming from myself. Does anyone else have this problem or can see if they do?

Edit: few people in my clan, CIA, have confirmed this.
Last edited by death87; 05-13-2012 at 02:51 PM..
Old 05-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #116
[R-DEV]-=anders=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by death87 View Post
I dont know if it's just me or others and I've done a fresh reinstall of the sound mod but whenever it's activated, some of the U.S. soldier voice commands don't work. Namely "Medic, roger that, cease fire, needing pickup" and maybe one other.

I can hear them from other players, I think. But just never coming from myself. Does anyone else have this problem or can see if they do?
Yeah, I know. Ive solved that.. Will get fixed with next upload...
Old 05-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #117
Cpl-Phantom

I can't speak on the realism of all the sounds, but to me most of the sounds sound better than before. Only one I don't like as much that I can think of is the shoveling sound...just sounds weird to me. Regardless, amazing work Anders and the sound mod team, now mortars/bullets/HATs flying and landing near by scares the crap out of me.

Also, I can confirm that issue with the voice commands. It only happened for one round where I couldn't hear the sounds. After that it was fine.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #118
chainsaw.exe

Sounds great looking forward to hearing it for myself in game.
Couple of questions, will these be included as the standard sound effects for future releases of pr and also can you play on a soundmod server, without soundmod? If yes then why don't all the servers get it installed!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #119
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsaw.exe View Post
Couple of questions, will these be included as the standard sound effects for future releases of pr and also can you play on a soundmod server, without soundmod? If yes then why don't all the servers get it installed!
1) Unlikely but possible
2) No, you can only play on servers that have the SM enabled, otherwise PB will kick you for MD5 mismatch.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #120
mOsInNaGaNt

The only servers i can play on so far seem to be the CIA and PRTA servers. I refuse to go back to the original sounds. So its annoying when these servers are full and I cant play. But this sound mod is so good I cant turn it off. I really hope that its possible for more servers to start implementing this mod very soon.
Closed Thread

Tags
announcement, releasedate, soundmod