project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
kingkoolkoobyak

Send a message via ICQ to kingkoolkoobyak
Default MEC vs. INS

i could not find anthing sbut i am sure it was discussed before, something similar is being discussed here at the moment.....and i dont know if it belongs to the suggestion forums but:

i wish we could play some MEC versus INSurgency maps

i love asymetrical warfare and i think that would be a great scenario for the coming patch.....and it is easy to realize as we have all the factions and maps already in the game

western armies slowly pull back from iraq and afghanistan and national armies like ANA (represented by MEC) take over control, in libya (MEC) they fought each other for half a year and in syria (MEC) they still do...so bringing a MEC vs INS mode into the game would just be REAListic and a new experience on the maps we already know

just take a look on the map of homs in syria, all the mosques and railway stations and the citadel in the city centre.....what a lovely new map that could be

but as i said before, we could use falluja west or jabal or whatever arab map we already have and place a bataillon of MEC there instead of US....it might even work as an alternative layout for some existing INS maps...or take some of the old forgotten maps like ejod desert

the only foul thing within this concept i can think of atm is that MEC forces use the good old german G3 (iranians and pakistanis) and all the national armies i mentioned above (syria, libya, ANA) use kalashnikovs as their standard infantry rifles....but their tanks and apcs are the same at least....how hard would that be to equip MEC with kalashnikovs on INS maps only?

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5892/gdwsignewsstarndard.png
Last edited by kingkoolkoobyak; 04-09-2012 at 08:48 PM..
Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: MEC vs. INS

Locking as a resuggestion outside of the suggestions forum.

This has been suggested several times before; the Devs are aware of the players interest in such a map. Please do not post this in the suggestions forum, it'd not be approved, as it is a re-suggestion.

Of course, anyone is free to start working on such a map and create a thread in the community modding forums. But as for only talking about it; done to death

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!

Tags
ins, insurgency, mec, versus