project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
SmoothIsFast6
Default Re: whats the deal with EU servers

explained it 2 times, if one can't understand then idk what to say

but actually i've been just plain having problems with my connection now, i'll just call my ISP

if any americans or candians have this problem to, post in this thread i know i've talked to a few of you and you have this as well

now i go yell at my ISP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Tim270 View Post
Try disabling voip.
it's been disabled for awhile gives me a headache thanks though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SmoothIsFast6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #12
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Well 2 guys in my clan that live in north America have been having a lot of problems with our german ts/server, they will timeout about once a hour and have to wait a min or two before they can rejoin. We think there must be some problem with the routing as we cant find a problem anywhere else.
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #13
SmoothIsFast6

it's weird cause when i'm connected to mumble and PR my internet is like flooded, and i keep my shit on lock with zonealarm so when i turn PR off, my internet stops cold and nothing is coming either way, and no it's not zonealarm because i've even disabled it for awhile and no diff, i understand how zonealarm works and that's not was f's it up.

it's something with PR and mumble, but maybe it's just the internet at this time of day in my location as well i'm not ruling that out

millions of mb's transfer when mumble and PR are on and not even 1 byte transfer when i stop PR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SmoothIsFast6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #14
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)
PR Server License Moderator

Tim, we got the same thing with our 'mericans. And its only to the German box.

Thus, US internet sucks.

L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #15
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothIsFast6 View Post
bill this is only Americans who have this problem, this is only a problem with EU servers and amercans, this does not happen on anything but EU PR servers, only* is the key word
Yes but you mentioned "is there a bug in the PR matrix?". To see if this is true or not you must compare your pingtest.net ping to your PR ping. My ping is about the same on american, australian, german and brittish servers compared to the results on pingtest.net. Check if yours is different with say Merk/NWA (on PR) and north of London, Milton Keynes (on pingtest.net). It's the only 'scientific' approach I can think of.
PoisonBill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #16
sr.bambino

Yeah US internet does suck.

I get 20-35 mbps and that is considered really good. My buddy goes to a very well known engineering school and they brag about 60 mbps. It's been for a bit that I've been reading that some (if not many) Europeans are getting 100 mbps.

I live right outside the Silicon Valley in the SF Bay Area... why do I not have 1 GB internet? No joke, US internet sucks, especially for the richest nation in the world.
sr.bambino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:59 AM   #17
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr.bambino View Post
Yeah US internet does suck.

I get 20-35 mbps and that is considered really good. My buddy goes to a very well known engineering school and they brag about 60 mbps. It's been for a bit that I've been reading that some (if not many) Europeans are getting 100 mbps.

I live right outside the Silicon Valley in the SF Bay Area... why do I not have 1 GB internet? No joke, US internet sucks, especially for the richest nation in the world.
My friend who lives on Liding? has a 20 mb/s line but he only gets around 8 mb/s. The future is within the fiber cable, something which has been thrown around everywhere in Sweden about now.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #18
illidur

the usa is a big area thats why. that and the monopoly thing doesn't help.

OT, Run cmd > type "tracert" then the ip. it will show the route and some other things
illidur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:04 AM   #19
otom24
Supporting Member

Do you have any option @your ISP that allows you to enable "fastpath"? It`s a routing optimation, it decreases the ping and it costs in Europe a few Euros/month. You could also tell your government to stop the traffic filtering.

otom24 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:54 AM   #20
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by otom24 View Post
Do you have any option @your ISP that allows you to enable "fastpath"? It`s a routing optimation, it decreases the ping and it costs in Europe a few Euros/month. You could also tell your government to stop the traffic filtering.
Santorum 2012!

Tags
deal, servers