project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #51
Zoddom

Zoddom's Avatar
Default Re: [R-DEV]dbzao's Public Gameplay Test #2

VERY nice i waited for the caches to be reduced to one at a time for so long now! i hope it will be implemented in a future release!
what about the PRTA? Is it still running this sound mod ive never heard about and dont know what it does?



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zoddom is offline
Old 04-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #52
Vincento94
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Vincento94's Avatar
Default Re: [R-DEV]dbzao's Public Gameplay Test #2

Goodluck with the testing


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vincento94 is offline
Old 04-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #53
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

[R-DEV]Rudd's Avatar
Default Re: [R-DEV]dbzao's Public Gameplay Test #2

Perhaps cave caches should be added to the report caches thread.

Perhaps in future...caves should have respawning rally points with a spawn time of approx 20minutes, making them an enemy stronghold but not a cache location to avoid indestructable caches.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is online now
Old 04-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #54
Brainlaag

Brainlaag's Avatar
Default Re: [R-DEV]dbzao's Public Gameplay Test #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddom View Post
VERY nice i waited for the caches to be reduced to one at a time for so long now! i hope it will be implemented in a future release!
what about the PRTA? Is it still running this sound mod ive never heard about and dont know what it does?
It's a mini-mod created by an independent PR developer as side project to PR. The soundmod is great and has a lot of potential (and is still being worked on). All PRTA servers have the soundmod enable and you can play on it with it, definitely worth a shot.

PRTA presents - Anders Sound Modification v0.32 | PRTA - Project Reality Teamwork Alliance

However, this has nothing to do with DB's changes, nor this test in specific.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brainlaag is offline
Old 04-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #55
Bradley364
Default Re: [R-DEV]dbzao's Public Gameplay Test #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
It's a mini-mod created by an independent PR developer as side project to PR. The soundmod is great and has a lot of potential (and is still being worked on). All PRTA servers have the soundmod enable and you can play on it with it, definitely worth a shot.

PRTA presents - Anders Sound Modification v0.32 | PRTA - Project Reality Teamwork Alliance

However, this has nothing to do with DB's changes, nor this test in specific.
Think TG could enable that again on their servers? I really can't play without it, and its totally optional...so...
Bradley364 is offline
Old 04-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #56
Brainlaag

Brainlaag's Avatar
Default Re: [R-DEV]dbzao's Public Gameplay Test #2

^ I don't understand why not all servers have it enabled (might have to do with the PW restriction but writing that down in the server-name should fix the issue), it's completely optional so people can play with, or without it and takes almost no time to setup.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brainlaag is offline
Old 04-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #57
ytman
Default Re: [R-DEV]dbzao's Public Gameplay Test #2

Got to try the new INS rules as Germans on Lashkar. Really REALLY enjoyed it. The round was quicker and never really stalled out... the caches were attacked by everyone and defended by what seemed like everyone... all around I love the INS changes.

Perhaps one comment is that its still possible for Blu-For FOp's to telegraph new caches. This happened twice and alerted our team about a cache well before any official intel came.

Finally, I really approve of the Rally Point system. Best rally system yet. Greatly like the fact that the old rally must go down for the new rally to work.

From my experience Cave Caches are not a bad thing... ODS pretty much infiltrated one and nuked it themselves.
ytman is offline
Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #58
ExNusquam
Default Re: [R-DEV]dbzao's Public Gameplay Test #2

Quote:
From my experience Cave Caches are not a bad thing... ODS pretty much infiltrated one and nuked it themselves.
I agree, Blufor get C4 for a reason. I was defending a cache on Korengal today, and the US managed to isolate the cache room. There were two guys watching the door, and that was it. Our reinforcements couldn't get it because the US was in the cave above us. If they had brought a CE it would have been a piece of cake for them.
ExNusquam is offline
Old 04-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #59
TeRR0R
Supporting Member

TeRR0R's Avatar
Default Re: [R-DEV]dbzao's Public Gameplay Test #2

Played lashkar yesterday as tal and had the feeling, that bluefor get caches in the same rate as usual. So the round was over much faster. Keep an eye on average round times.

And please disable the lame c4-gets-cache-through walls.
Almost every cache blew up this way and I felt cheated every time.
This is just exploited gameplay and renders redfor defending strategies ineffective.
This is not fun and hardly a proper "strategy".

Xfire: tbaterr0r Ingame: =TBA= .TeRR0R.[GER]
TeRR0R is offline
Old 04-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #60
ytman
Default Re: [R-DEV]dbzao's Public Gameplay Test #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRR0R View Post
Played lashkar yesterday as tal and had the feeling, that bluefor get caches in the same rate as usual. So the round was over much faster. Keep an eye on average round times.

And please disable the lame c4-gets-cache-through walls.
Almost every cache blew up this way and I felt cheated every time.
This is just exploited gameplay and renders redfor defending strategies ineffective.
This is not fun and hardly a proper "strategy".
AFAIK this is a limitation of the game engine and how it treats explosive damage to 'vehicles.' Basically, any 'vehicle', including caches, will not be protected by any terrain or static object like a player would. This being said, I think C4 in caves is very reasonable and the destruction the cache would be similar having the tunnel complex collapse.

In the case of buildings and through walls... its not as if C4 has a ridiculous range. Any cache destroyed by C4 has clearly been compromised and the mission of the INS team is to keep the fight as far away from a cache as possible.

I think its fair overall.... Insurgent teams must maintain total control over the immediate area of the cache when dealing with C4.
ytman is offline
Closed Thread


Tags
gameplay, public, rdevdbzao, test
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.