project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #21
sr.bambino

Default Re: Operation Deliverance Feedback and Media Thread

I would say predetermined SL's who are VERY clear on the set rules, and password protected. Maybe not sign-up, but def. password on the prta website. That would also bring traffic to the site.
sr.bambino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:39 AM   #22
FK Ye@h H@rDstyl3
Supporting Member

It was realy nice. I had a lot of fun in the Convoy Squad of the Brits.
We talked to "local Civilians" watched them pushing a car of the road, others trying to flip over a Big Red.

Poor the Server crashed 2 times.

For the next time: This needs a signup
FK Ye@h H@rDstyl3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #23
Agemman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK Ye@h H@rDstyl3 View Post
It was realy nice. I had a lot of fun in the Convoy Squad of the Brits.
We talked to "local Civilians" watched them pushing a car of the road, others trying to flip over a Big Red.

Poor the Server crashed 2 times.

For the next time: This needs a signup
I requested help to flip the Big Red and you ignored us! I had loads of fun with you guys in the convoy

Agemman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #24
Arnoldio
Banned

Great idea, great event, too bad for the problems.

Next time, signups.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #25
snake_rus1

Really loved the event! I hope it will become weekly event or even mor eoften, because that is how insurgency is supposed to be played!

i would suggest roles signups for insurgents, so most of the insurgents team will be civis. that should provide a terrifying atmosphere for the blujfor and will make armed insurgents use more of ambush tactics, rather than just rushing and assaulting.

also - same mumble channel for civi-blufor talks would add sooo much more role play.

blufor are not allowed to search for not revealed caches , only check revealed cache locations. that should concentrate armed insurgents around same areas, making those areas red zones , while other areas of the map are considered some sort of green zones with more random ambushes.
snake_rus1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #26
Agemman

Another thing to add is the fact that attacking the fortified positions as Insurgents is kind of stupid. Sure enough you might capture it, but you loose so many intelpoints to all the deaths.

Another idea is, if possible, remove all the markers for the actual caches and instead add the informant kit to the Brit side. That way the Brits actually need to send out informants to find the enemy caches.

Agemman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #27
FK Ye@h H@rDstyl3
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_rus1 View Post
i would suggest roles signups for insurgents, so most of the insurgents team will be civis. that should provide a terrifying atmosphere for the blujfor and will make armed insurgents use more of ambush tactics, rather than just rushing and assaulting.
random ambushes.
The Atmosphere was sooo great, standing with 3 land rovers and a supply truck on a small road between the fields, in front of us a civilian car standing on the road, around 10 civilians around there, walking around. Suddenly a RPG flew out of the mob of civilians, i returned fire with my 50. cal, trying to hit only the RGP and not killing a civilian.

It was just amazing
FK Ye@h H@rDstyl3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #28
gregjlanders

Great time on the server being the pilot!

Organisation was cool, shame about mumble errors, but didn't make much difference.

General gameplay was wicked and I would definately come to the next event, or sign-up if that will be the case.

Here's the video from the British perspective of the 'mega jumps'

[XFIRE]560567[/XFIRE]

If anyone wanted to know how many teamkills was caused by the Gary at their main at the start of the second restart, here you go!!

[XFIRE]5602d9[/XFIRE]

Thanks Techno for a great time.

Greg
gregjlanders is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #29
[R-CON]Spook
PR Tournament Management
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Agemman our communication was kind of screwed up. After the first mumble crash, we thought you guys created a root channel for all players so they could communicate to each other. A lot of people siad that local speech should only be used to communicate with civilians, so this was kind of confusing. Therefore we focused on trying to actually talk to the civis instead of using the allchat >.<

here a small video

*ignore the german talking, we were trying to solve mumble problems and make room for one of our drivers who had a DC.*

[R-CON]Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #30
Navo

Glad you guys liked my act.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deliverance, feedback, media, operation, thread