project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
t.fransson
Default Re: Operation Deliverance Feedback and Media Thread

First of all, thank you Technoelite for organising the event. Great Initiative!

Being a newcomer to PR I greatly enjoyed the vision of what you worked
to accomplish with this event. I am definitely looking foward to the next
event.

As you already mentioned making this a more "private" event makes a lot of
sense. Pre-registering for the event and having a limited amount of reserved
slots would allow for a more stable load up experience where the server
wouldn't get flooded due to the big amount of players trying to get in.

Scenario organisations could be enhanced upon aswell as you mentioned.

Perhaps you can get your own forum section here or some other place where
you could organise the event beforehand. The scenario mission briefing, rules
etc could all be discusse there.

The participants would sign into the event there and say where/how they want
to participate. That way it makes organising the first 10-15minutes on the server
a lot easier since everyone is already organised and should know what to do.

The advantage of this is obviously that all the organisations, questions and
overall "ingame server time wasting" is reduced to as little as possible. When
everyone loads up on the server everyone knows what to do.

The event then can start on time and everyone should have a much smoother
experience.

As for my experience when the event actually got started was great. The Brittish
was super nervous and "on edge" at start when I drived my taxi around and
it ended up becoming one of the best online gaming experience for me
in a very long time.

Keep up the great work

T.Fransson
t.fransson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #12
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

If possible, you could increase the players cap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
Ron-Schultz

it was soooo fucking amazing! we where driving with my convoy squad and supporting our team. There where always driving civis close to us. One time agemman was in front uf us with a road blockXD. His car was "broken"^^. Then 3 others helped him pushing his car out of the way so we could keep driving. it was an amazing role playing game (we also talked in the chat to each other). Then - whenever a vehicle appears in front of us - our convoy stopped and also the enemy vehicle drove offroad, stopped and let us pass. There were so many situations like this. It was very funny . (thx to agemman for his nice taxi company).
Looking forward to another event (maybe with only 1 mumble chanel so we can talk to the civilists)
cheers
Ron
Ron-Schultz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #14
MasacruTheSniper

Pvt.LHeureux: The civilians shielding an RPGER? I took a pic of that exactly when I did he switched his RPG, but you can see it, check the pic before the last in the below link

Teckno :P Try here Xfire - Gaming Simplified

Just click the pics (it's the last 3 ones) after you've clicked one, then click Full - Size underneath it

Here's a short recording as well xD Should probably set Fraps to record my own mic as well. Sry bout the ending, was trying to make sure I didn't reconfigure my controls as I couldn't use squad voice chat
Project Reality 128 player special event 2012 (Fun before the action) - YouTube

480p was working D: Now's only 320p for some reason!
Last edited by MasacruTheSniper; 03-31-2012 at 05:28 PM..
Old 03-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
Brainlaag

Cheers for everything Techno, this was absolutely great and definitely needs to be done again asap (Holding VCP was such a mess xD). Basically all the rules made somewhat sense but they need clarification. So a standard rule set is required. Next thing on the list is a sign-up event, we need an unique password and most likely preset squadleader positions, because random people dropping in can ruin this really quick.

A few ideas regarding ROEs:
  • Vehicles that pose no threat (no gun manned, passengers not carrying anything suspicious, means they are allowed to have kits but are not allowed to have a weapons/grenades/knives/etc. selected and visible) are free to pass through and hold at the checkpoints.
  • Before vehicles may enter or clear the checkpoint, they must be examined by Blufor forces (quick look to check for explosives) for potential threats.
  • Pedestrians that pose no threat can also walk through and hold at checkpoints, as long as they don't carry any visible weapon (so no weapon selected).
  • Vehicles that do not stop for inspection, must be first warned with a few warning shots and are considered hostile if they fail to stop.
  • Vehicles that drive off before examination are considered hostile and may be engaged.
  • Pedestrians with visible weapons that pose no imminent threat, must keep a safe distance to the checkpoint (let's say something around 50-100m).
  • If the checkpoint is under enemy fire it will be closed, no vehicles may enter or pass it anymore until the area has been cleared, no matter if they have been checked or not. All traffic is at hold.
  • If a checkpoint is under fire, civilians in the vicinity may take cover inside (as long as they don't have a kit, so only unarmed or civilian).

The other rules you've setup Techno apply here aswell, I just suggest to add my suggestions (if you like them ofc) to your general ruleset and post it together with the sign-up protocol prior to the event.
This is all the feedback I can give right now but I'll think of some more things. Hope to see something like this very soon, PR the way it was meant to be played.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #16
O_turista_portugues

Not the best round but is a great idea with a big potential,

like everyone is saying, sign up/registering would improve the game play, example: the insurgent that blew up main;

and I think the idea is only doable with local mumble to both factions, and using all chat to telling wich areas are closed; like brainlag sugested.

--any problem would be fixed with local mumble:

->civi is going to be arrested w/o reason? he can run to someone (blufor) SQL and request help;
->insurgent is armed but the weapon in not selected? we(blufor) can request him to drop kit and step back;
(...)

[Released] PRSPY for Android

O_turista_portugues is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #17
ShavedAlpaca

Really enjoyed it, it did seem tho that civis didnt know what punishable behavior was and then were whining on all chat.

my recomendation: signups, predeterminded squads, roe unknown to opfor,...

good idea this, just too much randomness

Friendly fire isn't always that friendly.
ShavedAlpaca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #18
MasacruTheSniper

Here's a great 19 mins gameplay vid I recorded. If when you open the link it says it's still processing that's because it is not yet done uploading, but I'll go to bed so I'm leaving the link

http://youtu.be/9ITuKsilNvc
MasacruTheSniper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #19
Navo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Schultz View Post
it was soooo fucking amazing! we where driving with my convoy squad and supporting our team. There where always driving civis close to us. One time agemman was in front uf us with a road blockXD. His car was "broken"^^. Then 3 others helped him pushing his car out of the way so we could keep driving. it was an amazing role playing game (we also talked in the chat to each other). Then - whenever a vehicle appears in front of us - our convoy stopped and also the enemy vehicle drove offroad, stopped and let us pass. There were so many situations like this. It was very funny . (thx to agemman for his nice taxi company).
Looking forward to another event (maybe with only 1 mumble chanel so we can talk to the civilists)
cheers
Ron
Haha, that was me with the car actually!
Here is a picture of us talking.

Two random but cool screens:

Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #20
Robskie

A LOT OF POTENTIAL.

Let's not be discouraged, I look forward to the next one

New Active Clan. Find us on the PRTA TeamSpeak! We are Red Company! A fresh clan in the PR-verse looking to expand! Come join us
!
Robskie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deliverance, feedback, media, operation, thread