project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
=-=kittykiller

Default Social Media and PR

I dnt knw about you guys but id like to grow PR, and social media would be the tool to do it.
there are people in charge of events and publicity.

Pr could really do with a 24/7 stream on something like TWITCH.tv a games site with chat.
itd be great to build interest attract new players and ultimatly hype PR2 (:P)

what do u think and please, no FNG rants so elitist and silly
=-=kittykiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Social Media and PR

What is a FNG rant?

Anyway, PRTA is present on twitter, facebook, google plus and youtube. And we have our own feed, which is up whenever anyone cbas to stream:

Livestream | PRTA - PR Teamwork Alliance

How would you organize this stream?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:37 AM   #3
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Eddiereyes909 Send a message via MSN to Eddiereyes909

The issue with social media is that while it's easy to spread, it's hard to get individuals to take action.

Social capital or networking clout is important, and PR could do better in promoting it's self but in the end it;s the players and those who have enjoyed the product that spread the word person to person.

"You know we've had to imagine the war here, and we have imagined that it was being fought by aging men like ourselves. We had forgotten that wars were fought by babies. When I saw those freshly shaved faces, it was a shock "My God, my God?" I said to myself. "It's the Children's Crusade."- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five
Eddiereyes909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 AM   #4
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Hello eddie! Long time no see

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
Murphy

F'ing New Guy (FNG)

If you guys know there is an unexploited medium to advertise PR why would you not take it? Seems very much like shooting yourself in the foot and then saying "The players can spread the word".

I don't know about anyone else but I cannot convince any of my RL friends to play PR past 1/4 of a round, so I have had absolutely 0 luck in bringing new players in (I've tried to convince my 20+ gamer friends but they need shiney michael bay graphics).

PRTA is always good at bringing attention to PR but the dev team would obviously have a bigger impact as it is their baby, their vision, their product not ours.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
spiked_rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
I don't know about anyone else but I cannot convince any of my RL friends to play PR past 1/4 of a round, so I have had absolutely 0 luck in bringing new players in (I've tried to convince my 20+ gamer friends but they need shiney michael bay graphics).
I think another problem is the learning curve, its quite a big jump, even if you do read the manual. Vanilla BF2 had a (really annoying) voice over tutorial thing going on, would it be possible to make one of those (with an opt in ofcourse) to teach the basics like kit limits, needing a crewman kit, deviation and the like?
spiked_rye is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiked_rye View Post
I think another problem is the learning curve, its quite a big jump, even if you do read the manual. Vanilla BF2 had a (really annoying) voice over tutorial thing going on, would it be possible to make one of those (with an opt in ofcourse) to teach the basics like kit limits, needing a crewman kit, deviation and the like?
I remember there was a guy who wanted to do this, not sure but maybe you want to dig up his post/user name and contact him. I do believe it would surely add some ease to learning the game and more importantly how not to suck at it.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
PricelineNegotiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
This. I've tried this so many times. I can't get anyone to join the game. I don't know if I'm just not talking about it correctly, but I've tried so many different ways. It's a damned shame how hard it is to get people to even start to play..
PricelineNegotiator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
Murphy

I don't understand why everyone is so put off by the pacing of the game. In the end I believe it's the lack of instant action/gratification that eventually turns people away, the FPS genre has turned into cookie cutter action with little depth beyond shooting and being shot at(OFP/Arma series being some of the very few exceptions). PR has substance far beyond the front lines, the issue is bringing the qualities to light in a manner that is appealing to people who have never played an FPS with "bigger picture" concept.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #10
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

The majority of players playing games including weapons are playing the game because they want to run around and kill people, not having to worry about your own team. Thus getting more people into PR is hard. I'm not saying there are no new players here, I've seen a lot of "I'm new here, need help"-threads lately, which is good.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
media, social