project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
27 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Social Media and PR

I've worked as a SEO optimizer in years past.
PR has a general problem of using a too simple mod name.

Wicca:

PR needs a larger presence on raptr.com, Raptr: What are you playing? (I personally think this website sucks, but it gets lots of visitors)
and gamerdna.com gamerDNA | Discover what's really happening in the games people are playing and discussing

According to SEO companies, those get the largest number of unique visitors in the "gaming " genre of social media websites.

Does PR have a Google+ group?
Another avenue to explore.

Next step would be to add the vBulletin social media "Share" toolbar to each thread and each reply in this forum. Such as AddThis http://www.addthis.com or ShareThis http://sharethis.com/publishers/

After that, there are other ways to get eyeballs, but not to be discussed in public.

Wicca and anyone else can poke around websites like http://www.seo-news.com/ and http://www.visibilitymagazine.com to find waysa to do this. Of course every hour spent on writing PR/marketig code is an hour developers do not spend on the game code, so this is a tall order if there aren't any willing programmers in the PR community who would volunteer for this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd; 03-10-2012 at 08:51 PM..
Old 03-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #12
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post

Does PR have a Google+ group?
Another avenue to explore.
^ This...add a G+ buttons all over forums.

As Ive seen theres facebook fan page twitter feed, and yt channel...and its visible only on front page bottom right.

Im sure VB has mods to add these along with FB likes & Sends, G+ and tweet buttons on every post. So admins should do some magic here.

That IGN interview? What up with that is it sent? More of that, add some spice to it.

Edit: Just wanted to add that if you do add commander voiceover like for newbs, Id like and option to turn it off. It highly annoys me even when I go to redzone...very annoying..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

I see that the Dev Blog posts are already RSS Syndicated.
Is there a twitter account associated with this?
tumblr?
reddit? I think there is.
etc.
Since it's already RSS feed, to send the RSS to twitter and tumblr is a miniscule amount of work.

Another important thing to consider is to "force/beg/bribe/conjule" the various PR communities' websites to share links, to increase your search engine results, for both realitymod.com and the community websites.

PR is obviously a multinational multilingual community, it would do Wicca well to ask people from different countries to list gamer websites/blogs/facebook groups/etc that could be sent out public relations info as the mod approaches a stable intermediate release of Arma2:PR and eventually BF2:PR 1. (OMG PR1.0 !)... it's a big milestone, the public relations build up needs to start months in advance.

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #14
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Do all the things!!!

Allright... All PR players. Like and follow PR on facebook and twitter:

Project Reality | Facebook

https://twitter.com/#!/realitymod

And Littoralis, PM me those links.

I wanted to start the PR clan league littoralis... Why did you spam my name all over your posts:P

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
media, social