project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
Psyko

Default Re: 128 Players? Still Testing?

pretty sure it was 1 year. there were talks 2 years ago when people such as some of my previous clan were trying to find loopholes using the amount of digits in the player name and stuff. and they collaborated with other clans to try and increase the server count but it was the OLUT guys who really pushed it out one year ago.

@:OP
When this info gets released, your still gonna have a big problem with maintaining the server. sure there are rules involved now and we can predict when its going to crash and stuff but your still going to have to buy a big server and maintain it and its going to crash often.
Try not to become too frustrated, there will be a payoff eventually for the servers who have suffered, im sure of it.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #12
MaSSive

128p code is now PR official project. Its being worked on and once its ready it will be released for all. Unfortunately as most people said here it requires very powerful machine only for himself ( one 128p bf2r server ) or at least one per core, and in my opinion its not worth it.

For this you will need at least quad xeon with 1333Mhz fsb and high clock rates 3Ghz+, and same type of ram, running on headless linux x64. Afaik there is no Windows version, its being worked on linux 64bit.

Running cost for that kind of server is not cheap, and many clans/communities will not be able to afford it. Bottom line, are you starting to get the picture what I'm talking about?

Let it be as it is now, cause that is the best atm.

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #13
Sgt. Mahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
It's only up on certain times. Chill out. Also, to us USA players, we normally don't get on since the ping is an issue....
You guys should know by now that low ping isn't that important in BF2 compared to games like MW2 and CS.

First of all BF2 is balanced out on a ping on 100 so having a ping on 150 is not an issue at all (trust me, years of experience on the TG server has taught me this).

Second, the BF2 gameplay is not that dependent on low latency like other multiplayer FPS.

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #14
thedarkhorse

yeah I've been playing on the PRTA server for the past couple days even though I'm in western Canada and my ping is a around 100 higher than on the NA servers I don't really notice any difference in lag.
thedarkhorse is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #15
cyprezz

I just notice there's two additional PRTA servers with over a 100 player max, although it's not populated. Does this means there's going to been more 100+ player server soon, administered by PRTA?
cyprezz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #16
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Are they named PRTA?

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
cyprezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Wicca View Post
Are they named PRTA?
Ops, my mistake. I meant TART SISU servers. There's two of them, both have 100 player for max.
cyprezz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #18
MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyprezz View Post
Ops, my mistake. I meant TART SISU servers. There's two of them, both have 100 player for max.
Those will be TART tourney servers probably.

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #19
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]MaSSive View Post
Those will be TART tourney servers probably.
Training.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #20
MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Wicca View Post
Training.
OSNAP-ACAD...I forgot its today...well today here 1:15AM over here in Nam

CATA4TW!
― Otto von Bismarck

Tags
128, players, testing