project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Wontonshon36
Unhappy Can some of you guys help me out here?

Background first, I'm an American Jew living in Israel with family, and brought PR with me. I apologize for posting here incase it's inappropriate but the NwA* server has no website I can find to appeal to, so I figured I'd have my best chance here.

So I was playing on the NwA insurgency server on Gaza Beach, and because the game was starting slow, I wanted to rev things up by adding fictional tension from IRL, like I've done for years with no criticism, so as a Hamas dude I shouted "Attack us you Jew scum!" and was perma-banned on the spot without warning. Although because of my humor and heritage background I quite obviously didn't mean it(unless I support Hamas bombing my country), I understand why it could offend some and I shouldn't say it, and put forward a sincere apology.

My real problem is, however, that now I can't play with my friends whom I was still training to become normal PR players. Since moving to Israel, European based servers are the only ones we have a slight chance of connecting to, the NwA servers usually giving us best results. I persuaded my friends overseas to buy BF2 and download PR, and just 2 weeks into sharpening their skills and preparing them I make a silly comment on my part and ruin for us as a whole.

If anyone could contact some *NwA members and relay them to this post it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Brainlaag

Default Re: Can some of you guys help me out here?

*NwA* Clan

Google is your friend, just appeal on their website and good luck.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
RyanParsons7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontonshon36 View Post
Background first, I'm an American Jew living in Israel with family, and brought PR with me. I apologize for posting here incase it's inappropriate but the NwA* server has no website I can find to appeal to, so I figured I'd have my best chance here.

So I was playing on the NwA insurgency server on Gaza Beach, and because the game was starting slow, I wanted to rev things up by adding fictional tension from IRL, like I've done for years with no criticism, so as a Hamas dude I shouted "Attack us you Jew scum!" and was perma-banned on the spot without warning. Although because of my humor and heritage background I quite obviously didn't mean it(unless I support Hamas bombing my country), I understand why it could offend some and I shouldn't say it, and put forward a sincere apology.

My real problem is, however, that now I can't play with my friends whom I was still training to become normal PR players. Since moving to Israel, European based servers are the only ones we have a slight chance of connecting to, the NwA servers usually giving us best results. I persuaded my friends overseas to buy BF2 and download PR, and just 2 weeks into sharpening their skills and preparing them I make a silly comment on my part and ruin for us as a whole.

If anyone could contact some *NwA members and relay them to this post it would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah, good luck. The main problem with NWA is that their admins are way too strict and sometimes base things off opinions. Also perma bans are useless, just makes your server look bad, unless the person was hacking then its a different story.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
Cassius

Wow the economy must be really rough in America. Usually Israelis move away from Israel to America.

What did you think was going to happen xd. From what you wrote you moved recently to Israel, having been in America and online in the english zone for some time now u probably knew already that that stuff does not fly. I am sure if you contact an Admin they will sort it out, unless they think you made that jewish Israeli part up.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Cassius; 02-28-2012 at 10:17 AM..
Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
Vincento94
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Hello Wontonshon,

As brainlaag allready said, you can appeal at *NwA* Clan you will need to make a account in order to post. If you post a banappeal be sure to read the sticky's.

And yes we do enforce our rules very strictly, so that people like ryan wont get a chance of ruining other people their game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Vincento94; 02-28-2012 at 08:57 AM..
Old 02-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
LieutenantNessie
Banned

Dude it's the PR community, people nitpick about the most stupidest things + everything is racist. Just keep your mouth shut and don't joke about anything else except arabs because thats somehow accepted on all servers.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
Mikemonster

Let's be honest, "Attack us you Jew scum!" isn't very nice. How would your Jewish friends respond to that in a game on global?

Unfortunately there is a thin end to every wedge, especially when it comes to racial remarks.

(This is a personal reply btw, not related to NWA).

Old 02-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
Murphy

The admins are the ones ruining peoples games with their snap to banning. NWA admins are notoriously simple people, you know there are other (better administered) options.

User infracted for useless/unhelpful post content after already having recieved a warning regarding flaming and NwA. - Spec

Last edited by [R-DEV]Spec; 02-28-2012 at 03:49 PM..
Old 02-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Locking as the links to the appropriate forum have been posted. Thanks to those who did so.

Also, please refrain from truning these threads into debates, everyone.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via

Last edited by [R-DEV]Spec; 02-28-2012 at 03:51 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
*nwa, appeal, ban, guys