project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
LyRiCs
Default Working Training-Map?

hey guys..

do you know a working training map for the actual bf2pr version?

i mean something like a shooting range etc.. i only found a scrapped training map..
LyRiCs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
Jolly

Send a message via Skype™ to Jolly
Default Re: Working Training-Map?

You'll find them on MODDB, some warm hearted guys made some already.
Jolly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #3
Doc.Pock

Rhino made one. Also look in the comunity maps section
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:43 AM   #4
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I find PRSP to be good training tbh :P moving targets!

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
LyRiCs

on the community maps section i cant find a working training map.. they are all scrapped

i will search on moddb, thank you !
-----------------

EDIT:
i found one.. it works for me, i will try it with my clanmates tomorrow
i dont know who has done this map, but its nearly perfect for infantry training!
http://www.gamefront.com/files/servi...ou?id=17695954
Last edited by LyRiCs; 02-27-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Old 02-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #6
Buren06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudd View Post
I find PRSP to be good training tbh :P moving targets!
I've always found coop to be pretty useless for training purposes. Near omniscient AI and limited asset options would make a dedicated training map or mode very appealing to me.
Buren06 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #7
LyRiCs

coop is not the ideal thing to train infantry action.. its ok to get fimilar with some basics of pr in general.. but not for real training
Old 02-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I disagree, Ramiel 16 COOP, 20 bots vs 6 bots and yourself or go on a PRSP server like Veterans and have a crapload of AI vs you and some buddies - it's completely unforgiving and great training imo

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #9
LyRiCs

you missunderstood what i mean with training.. but it doesnt matters, the map i posted is good and we used it today for our first time to train some cqb tactics.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
SGT.Ice

I think we need a dedicated training map with the addition of shooting ranges for each type of weapon/vehicle in it. And the scale to accommodate any type of mission set inside the actual PR. Not just for cold training but also live-fire where you can do skirmish, that way it's got multiple uses and can be played in Co-op, skirmish or 64+ format. It would take a lot of work but in the overall sense I think it would benefit the community as a whole to have such a map so that people don't need to go and download a separate map.

To go one step further we could even put it up on a dedicated server for training the new guys that way we would run less of a risk of having to ban/kick new kiddo's out of the kiddie pool and send them to the kiddie table. If implemented right it would both benefit the vets/new guys. Somewhere safe to train in a live fire environment which is non-existent at the moment.

Opposition to such would be it turning out to be like the old training mode, however it can be set up to be against bots or even just one team if need be in some layers to prevent such. We can all agree somewhere to train, refresh or teach is needed beyond what we currently have right now. The need for satisfactory training that can be used by new comers/vets alike at the same time to better ease people into PR would greatly benefit the community.
SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
trainingmap, working