project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
15 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #51
blackice55
Default Re: Will PR ever have 128 players mandatory?

the source is...

blackice55 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #52
angellfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice55 View Post
the source is...
Just stop it... Yes i think one option would be to let prta run that server in us
angellfall is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #53
xambone

Send a message via MSN to xambone Send a message via Skype™ to xambone

I'm saying most clans will want 128 but you can't limit it to just two clans from the start, it should be who can afford to do it should be able to have server files and get support.

As far as the Brazil comment, If I have said it once I have said it 1,000 times Don't exaggerate !
xambone is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #54
LieutenantNessie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xambone View Post
I'm saying most clans will want 128 but you can't limit it to just two clans from the start, it should be who can afford to do it should be able to have server files and get support.

As far as the Brazil comment, If I have said it once I have said it 1,000 times Don't exaggerate !
128 isn't limited to any certain clans. You can rent it if you want to
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #55
angellfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by xambone View Post

Or just get all the usa clans to join prta and let prta handle the server? Or is this againg part of the "we must have it" thing.
angellfall is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #56
illidur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
You'll have to pardon me not believing in that number.

I don't understand the issue with that. The American community has to stop being so shattered and found an united gaming place. Look at the European servers, basically every clan/group has a spot within PRTA, which then anon hosts the 128 server. Everyone gets a piece of the cake.

Grow a pair of balls, get over your egotistical behavior and start working together, instead against each other. To quote Wicca, yeah, wanna lay down the hate on you boy
LMAO. so why shouldn't everybody play on usa servers then? listen to yourself. in all fairness there are more usa players than uk players by more than DOUBLE. and canada is so close i get better pings from there than alot of usa servers so you can add that for a 34.22% player base.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...nity-come.html

Quote:
"The American servers are there, where the Europeans were 3 years ago, shattered and corroded by distrust".
nice opinion but no fact there.

Quote:
I'd love to see all the servers, who are against a unified PR (similar rules and a cosmopolitan playerbase) vanish, just like happened to =H= (although because of other circumstances but it was well known they had a completely different game running on their servers).
did =H= disappear solely because of other circumstances? this unified server idea is garbage. for democracy

but on topic i still say 128 wont be distributed commonly because of control issue.
illidur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #57
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidur View Post
LMAO. so why shouldn't everybody play on usa servers then? listen to yourself. in all fairness there are more usa players than uk players by more than DOUBLE. and canada is so close i get better pings from there than alot of usa servers so you can add that for a 34.22% player base.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...nity-come.html

nice opinion but no fact there.

did =H= disappear solely because of other circumstances? this unified server idea is garbage. for democracy

but on topic i still say 128 wont be distributed commonly because of control issue.
What does the amount of player has to do with the proposal I made? So it's many of you and you have to fight over each other whos better? I understand renting the server its not an option for some US server owners but the fact I was pointing out, is that anybody has the ability to get his hands on the 128.

The fact I have is all the drama that starts of when one server dies, in the States most PR regulars are bound to one server, while in Europe everyone plays anywhere. Don't take it as criticism but your mindset is wrong.

To come back to your (I think it was you, not sure) previous question, the 128 code is public for testing purpose as there are simply not enough testers to stress test it. It's stupid to play around with a handful of people and claim it will be stable with 128, thats the difference between the 128 test and normal PR stuff they release. If I recall right, the PR-Beta tester staff was quite small, and that shouldn't be much different now.
Last edited by Brainlaag; 02-04-2012 at 08:36 PM..
Old 02-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #58
illidur

Quote:
What does the amount of player has to do with the proposal I made? So it's many of you and you have to fight over each other whos better?. The fact I have is all the drama that starts of when one server dies, in the States most PR regulars are bound to one server, while in Europe everyone plays anywhere. Don't take it as criticism but your mindset is wrong.
if you are right then having the server in america is a win win. those in Europe play everywhere anyways right? has nothing to do with who is better to me.

the amount of players is relevant because that shows that a mass percentage would be playing with bad ping. i think having a massive server with all of pr in it would be fun for an event, but not normal. criticism isn't bad
illidur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #59
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidur View Post
if you are right then having the server in america is a win win. those in Europe play everywhere anyways right? has nothing to do with who is better to me.

the amount of players is relevant because that shows that a mass percentage would be playing with bad ping. i think having a massive server with all of pr in it would be fun for an event, but not normal. criticism isn't bad
I do agree on that, as two servers located accordingly to accommodate most of the players through-out American and Europe, seems to be the best solution so far. But we first have to get out of the testing, before we can start worrying where and how many servers we need.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
128, mandatory, players