project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #41
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

[R-COM]rushn's Avatar
Default Re: Will PR ever have 128 players mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledo1222 View Post


P.S: if i ever win the lottery here in Canada, i shall donate to PR 10,000 dollars!
good luck with that
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:51 AM   #42
illidur
Thumbs down Re: Will PR ever have 128 players mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
As respective member of the PR team and thus also under their management it isn't Soppa's "selfishness and greed" restraining the code from public release but the decision of the whole development team. The PR team also regulated the server run time/down time and FYI testing is still going on day after day.

So how about you gather some more information before you start spitting your BS all over the forums.

It's their decision, I don't share it but I won't stop them to strive for perfection (like in 0.9 and 0.92 with the ATs and UAVs trollz) and as PR player I also respect it.

On a side note: 2 servers are more than enough, one for Europe and one for the States.
i was saying i wouldn't play there as either way its a control problem. which case is irrelevant and your word means little to that fact. nice try to derail my point though.

its not a test server instead its a setup with problems run regularly. for example: pr isn't 1.0 yet its not regulated to 1 server.

isn't it time to either accept it for its faults or ban it completely? or is the community incapable of deciding whats best?
illidur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #43
Brainlaag

Brainlaag's Avatar
Default Re: Will PR ever have 128 players mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidur View Post
i was saying i wouldn't play there as either way its a control problem. which case is irrelevant and your word means little to that fact. nice try to derail my point though.

its not a test server instead its a setup with problems run regularly. for example: pr isn't 1.0 yet its not regulated to 1 server.

isn't it time to either accept it for its faults or ban it completely? or is the community incapable of deciding whats best?
Sure, so I'm the one putting words in your mouth, go back and re-read how and what you've written, You weren't merely poiting out something but clearly putting a rant down about the DEV team's decision.
You are missing out, that's not really the community's decision but the PR team's and taking out one of the most relevant resources for PR would be just plain stupid.

I agree that the limitation is somewhat stupid and I've never really understood the idea behind it (next to the given complaints of other server "losing" their population due to the server).
The test was meant to run constantly through out, till all major flaws would have been fixed.

If you think that making the code public will save some servers from going down, you are clearly wrong. Every community/caln how ever you want to call it, had the chance to rent the server and make it their own since the tests started pretty much one year ago. So far PRTA was the only community to do so. So it was already "public" with some limitation for the renter.
Brainlaag is offline
Last edited by Brainlaag; 02-02-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #44
angellfall
Default Re: Will PR ever have 128 players mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
Sure, so I'm the one putting words in your mouth, go back and re-read how and what you've written, You weren't merely poiting out something but clearly putting a rant down about the DEV team's decision.
You are missing out, that's not really the community's decision but the PR team's and taking out one of the most relevant resources for PR would be just plain stupid.

I agree that the limitation is somewhat stupid and I've never really understood the idea behind it (next to the given complaints of other server "losing" their population due to the server).
The test was meant to run constantly through out, till all major flaws would have been fixed.

If you think that making the code public will save some servers from going down, you are clearly wrong. Every community/caln how ever you want to call it, had the chance to rent the server and make it their own since the tests started pretty much one year ago. So far PRTA was the only community to do so. So it was already "public" with some limitation for the renter.
Yes as brainlaag said you should think sisu as a server provider. Even the code is not freely distributed we offered server to be rented by communities. If someone wanted it they could rent it. Sameway as you are renting servers from other companies. Exept the cost what youd haveto pay was not intended to fill out the fees. It took long enough before PRTA took the server for longer time, before that it was Rented by olutta.org. Every server has/had a chance to rent the sisuserver. Limitations where made by pr dev team not by soppa and i think the limitations where part of the reason there where so few communities interested of renting the server so this time server was running via donations other part imo was the location.

Making 128 mandatory imo is not option. Just like it was written above that one server in europe and one in us. Im not sure if asia and southern america has enough player for it to be sufficient.
angellfall is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #45
xambone

xambone's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to xambone Send a message via Skype™ to xambone
Default Re: Will PR ever have 128 players mandatory?

You Can't have a limit to how many 128 man servers we have because its not fair for one clan in the U.S. to get all the attention because they applied first or have some "inside connection". If we don't have enough population to fill the servers than so be it. You just can't exclude people because you don't like the maps they run or how they admin their server vs someone else. I don't think many servers will have donations to support the probally $250-450 price range for the box to run PR in 128 man modes.


P.S. Brazil has 12,552,123 Pr gamers So i'm sure they could get together and swing one!
xambone is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #46
Brainlaag

Brainlaag's Avatar
Default Re: Will PR ever have 128 players mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xambone View Post
You Can't have a limit to how many 128 man servers we have because its not fair for one clan in the U.S. to get all the attention because they applied first or have some "inside connection". If we don't have enough population to fill the servers than so be it. You just can't exclude people because you don't like the maps they run or how they admin their server vs someone else. I don't think many servers will have donations to support the probally $250-450 price range for the box to run PR in 128 man modes.


P.S. Brazil has 12,552,123 Pr gamers So i'm sure they could get together and swing one!
You'll have to pardon me not believing in that number.

I don't understand the issue with that. The American community has to stop being so shattered and found an united gaming place. Look at the European servers, basically every clan/group has a spot within PRTA, which then anon hosts the 128 server. Everyone gets a piece of the cake.

Grow a pair of balls, get over your egotistical behavior and start working together, instead against each other. To quote Wicca, yeah, wanna lay down the hate on you boy , "The American servers are there, where the Europeans were 3 years ago, shattered and corroded by distrust".

I'd love to see all the servers, who are against a unified PR (similar rules and a cosmopolitan playerbase) vanish, just like happened to =H= (although because of other circumstances but it was well known they had a completely different game running on their servers).
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #47
Snipd
Default Re: Will PR ever have 128 players mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xambone View Post

P.S. Brazil has 12,552,123 Pr gamers So i'm sure they could get together and swing one!

Please retract that statement before we have to put it up for dumbest comment of 2012...it's still too early in the year for that.


...Back on topic, Xambone I think your missing your point. It seems to me your saying that since other communities can't afford a 128 man server for a month, that no one else should have that 128 server...?...where's the reasoning in that?...
Snipd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #48
LieutenantNessie
Banned
Default Re: Will PR ever have 128 players mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xambone View Post
You Can't have a limit to how many 128 man servers we have because its not fair for one clan in the U.S. to get all the attention because they applied first or have some "inside connection". If we don't have enough population to fill the servers than so be it. You just can't exclude people because you don't like the maps they run or how they admin their server vs someone else. I don't think many servers will have donations to support the probally $250-450 price range for the box to run PR in 128 man modes.


P.S. Brazil has 12,552,123 Pr gamers So i'm sure they could get together and swing one!
Brazil has 12,5 million PR gamers? Hmm...
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #49
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default Re: Will PR ever have 128 players mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xambone View Post
Brazil has 12,552,123 Pr gamers So i'm sure they could get together and swing one!
Source to your claim, please?
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #50
LieutenantNessie
Banned
Default Re: Will PR ever have 128 players mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
Source to your claim, please?
Do you really need a source hwn you know it's absolute bullshit
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
128, mandatory, players
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2015, Project Reality.