project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #31
Brainlaag

Default Re: Will PR ever have 128 players mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torenico View Post
How about a server in Asia or Australia/New Zealand? theres a quite large playerbase there, and it would be unfair if they get to play with 270ms on 128 players servers, no?
The Australian community can barely sustain one full 64 server, same goes for most South American servers, I don't know about the Asian playerbase. Also these country shouldn't have too bad ping on atleast on of the servers.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #32
Lucke189
Supporting Member

I do think 32vs32 is a bit low, especially on maps with lots of vehicles. Everyone is playing as crewmen or pilots, leaving very few actual boots on the ground. Like one or two squads, and there should be more infantry than that for sure.
Lucke189 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #33
ledo1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucke189 View Post
I do think 32vs32 is a bit low, especially on maps with lots of vehicles. Everyone is playing as crewmen or pilots, leaving very few actual boots on the ground. Like one or two squads, and there should be more infantry than that for sure.
And that there is why people don't enjoy 126, they don't have there assets to play whit.
Ope would rather have more assets then grunts on the ground. Most call the combat chaotic because there the one usually behind the scopes of the tanks. I have lead 22 people into combat on the 126 player server, its not hard you just need to set ground rule and people will follow. Leading 6 people is child's play, 11 is nothing, 22 is a real man game.

I hope to see the mumble fixed, because i can barley understand anyone out side my squad sadly.

And i also a agree 64 players is also fun on maps 2km and 1km. 4km and 2km suit 126 perfectly.

P.S: if i ever win the lottery here in Canada, i shall donate to PR 10,000 dollars!

-The Mods cant Silence me!
-Its all a Conspiracy all OF IT!
-Boys get the duck tape ready..... Umm.....

Been palying PR:ARMA2 since 0.1v beta
ledo1222 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #34
Redamare
Supporting Member

not all servers can handle 128 players ... so there will most likley be a select few but overall ... no i cant see it being a PR standard

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #35
imjustthatguy

yea about 1 or 2 servers of 128should be good enough.
sometimes there not even full.
imjustthatguy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #36
SGT.Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo View Post
I don't like the 128 server, as the the level of skill is insanely low.
That's why I don't bother. My squad's have never followed or understood a word I say anyway.

When it comes to server cap though I personally feel it should be upped to maybe 80 if most the servers were able to handle that.
SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #37
manligheten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledo1222 View Post
And that there is why people don't enjoy 126, they don't have there assets to play whit.
Ope would rather have more assets then grunts on the ground. Most call the combat chaotic because there the one usually behind the scopes of the tanks. I have lead 22 people into combat on the 126 player server, its not hard you just need to set ground rule and people will follow. Leading 6 people is child's play, 11 is nothing, 22 is a real man game.

I hope to see the mumble fixed, because i can barley understand anyone out side my squad sadly.

And i also a agree 64 players is also fun on maps 2km and 1km. 4km and 2km suit 126 perfectly.

P.S: if i ever win the lottery here in Canada, i shall donate to PR 10,000 dollars!
The reason some think 128p is "chaotic" is mainly because there actually is some action and decisions need to be made fast. In a 64p server there are so low pressure that you have time to do slow manoeuvres that leave flanks exposed and gaps in the defence.

As all players more than 64 goes into infantry you can't really do that with more players. Someone will most likely break through in unguarded passages.
manligheten is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #38
LieutenantNessie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.Ice View Post
That's why I don't bother. My squad's have never followed or understood a word I say anyway.

When it comes to server cap though I personally feel it should be upped to maybe 80 if most the servers were able to handle that.
Well, for us Europians it's always great. Either way

>skill
>PR

nope.avi
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #39
PFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledo1222 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by manligheten View Post
The reason some think 128p is "chaotic" is mainly because there actually is some action and decisions need to be made fast. In a 64p server there are so low pressure that you have time to do slow manoeuvres that leave flanks exposed and gaps in the defence.

As all players more than 64 goes into infantry you can't really do that with more players. Someone will most likely break through in unguarded passages.
I definitely think you guys have figured it out. Most people who play this game for a little while think they've figured it out, think they know what they're doing. I've seen it when experienced pubbers show up at an organized event or tournament, and I think its the same as when you up the ante with the 126 server.

Most people who consider themselves competent "Squad Leaders" by real life standards are actually just fireteam leaders. You guys are like Corporals in the real army. A real life squad leader is responsible for leading around 10 to 12 men and in situations as chaotic as the 126 represents.

People who want to check out on 126 because they think its too fast or chaotic are just being as pussy as the guys who go back to vBF2 after tasting PR's bitter stout of epic teamwork. Here's a news flash children - war is a big bloody hellish mess. Real life military training lasts years because it takes that long to prepare groups of men to be able to operate with any semblance of coordination and survival in a fast paced game of death that lasts between 3 minutes or 12 hours or 4 days or whatever.

We play the shallowest interpretation of that world but we are trying to push our game and ourselves to give us the smallest modest taste of it. Chaotic and confusing is the name of real combat... if you don't know what you're doing. If 126 makes your decision work load and the pressure to complete your decision making cycle really stressful and complex then you're basically facing a more realistic scenario than before. The variables and the personalities and the complexities of the problems get bigger when you up the numbers.

I find that exciting, not frustrating. I think 128 is really the final frontier of PR. We need this now I think. Otherwise Arma will completely eat PR alive in the next few years. The game feels very limiting in 64 when you consider the possibilities. ArmaPR is gonna have its tournament soon and that will definitely exceed the standard 32 person team I'm sure.

I think some people just don't like the idea of having to be newbs again. As Woody Harrelson said in Zombieland, you better nut up or shut up.

[PR]NATO|P*Funk

PFunk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #40
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk View Post
We play the shallowest interpretation of that world but we are trying to push our game and ourselves to give us the smallest modest taste of it. Chaotic and confusing is the name of real combat... if you don't know what you're doing. If 126 makes your decision work load and the pressure to complete your decision making cycle really stressful and complex then you're basically facing a more realistic scenario than before. The variables and the personalities and the complexities of the problems get bigger when you up the numbers.
That was a great way of putting it. I have never seen combat, nor experienced being close to death. But I can understand how when things get larger, its harder to see where the ends meet or even start. How do you squadlead? How do you get to your squad?

But even with all the drama of organizing so many people, it is such a great joy to be able to coordinate proffesionaly and effectivly with other great squadleaders, and that is something you see rarely in PR. And probably more often in the PRT AKA TART. And that is what PR is all about, sharing the victory with the dude sitting next to you. Be it CAS or LAV or that rocket that just passed your head, those moments we never remember, is why we keep coming back. And the 128 has alot of those moments Alot more than 64 players.

I would like to say that the major problems the 128 server gets now, are one or two people on the server who has no mumble working or doesnt speak english or has no mic. As with any server, the population and administrators gets used to the number and has a easier time coping with the speed of the game, and the amount of players. So generally it is improving.

I hope to see in the future lots of full 128 servers in PR, as it really is the next step of playing. And shun those who thinks that other servers will die, I belive PR is getting more and more popular. You are all just too blind to see it !

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
128, mandatory, players