project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
the_epic_pooh
Banned
Default Re: Will PR ever have 128 players mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]rushn View Post
I wonder how good peoples computers are now

what happened to that video settings chart?
BF2 Vannilla still has well over 10,000 people a day playing on it...

And really, I hit BF2v up a second ago (litterally) and people still complain on teh all chat saying that Back To Karkand lag's so much!

I have a computer that is like a donkey. (you know what I mean)

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3450 (Can run some games from 2008 w/ no lag)
I have a CPU, Pentium Dual Core 5400 @ 2.70Ghz (It's like a donkey! ;] )
Really, I wanna upgrade my computer, I need to buy a figgen power supply and that...

OT...

64 Player's doesn't lag anyone. It's just their internet or their computer is from the 1980's.

The only time I get lag in 64 player server's is when the server has lag spikes (dont wanna mention some names!!)

Also... BF2v does have a test server for 128 players... it's less laggy then PR's SISU.

(PR's SISI has people w/ .5mbps internet speeds!)

Just sayin', but I wouldn't want 128 players YET. Maybe after 1.0version release. (I am guessing 1.0 will be out around August-December of this year.)
the_epic_pooh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #12
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_epic_pooh View Post
And really, I hit BF2v up a second ago (litterally) and people still complain on teh all chat saying that Back To Karkand lag's so much!
Do you base everything on what a few people are saying in the short time span your ingame?

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:00 AM   #13
[R-MOD]IINoddyII
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

fwiw - the_epic_pooh has been banned due to this being a duplicate forum account.

This decision will be reviewed by the PR management team.

[R-MOD]IINoddyII is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:52 AM   #14
angellfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Do you base everything on what a few people are saying in the short time span your ingame?
Well it might be just his computer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]IINoddyII View Post
fwiw - the_epic_pooh has been banned due to this being a duplicate forum account.

This decision will be reviewed by the PR management team.
Weird i didnt know that is't allowed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo View Post
I don't like the 128 server, as the the level of skill is insanely low.
Also weird my experiences are quite different. And now when prta admins have gotten used to the server the level of the gameplay has even rised. I think if you feel otherwise you should spent 5min of your time at sisu.kompassi.com or at the server feedback thread writing little feedback so prta can make your game experience even better.
Last edited by angellfall; 01-29-2012 at 04:10 AM..
Old 01-29-2012, 04:42 AM   #15
[R-DEV]BloodyDeed
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellfall View Post
Weird i didnt know that is't allowed..
Make sure you read the PR Forum rules
Project Reality Forums - Forum Rules
Section 5 Moderation, part v. Multiple Forum Accounts

And please don't let us turn this thread in another one about the quality of certain servers.

[R-DEV]BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:09 AM   #16
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

My self I only like 128 in an organised event.

On most 128 games I play squads are everywhere with multi assets in them, my mumble seems overloaded and I can't hear well.

If the squad amount could be increased maybe, but also 84 may be a compromise.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #17
LieutenantNessie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_epic_pooh View Post
BF2 Vannilla still has well over 10,000 people a day playing on it...

I have a computer that is like a donkey. (you know what I mean)

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3450 (Can run some games from 2008 w/ no lag)
I have a CPU, Pentium Dual Core 5400 @ 2.70Ghz (It's like a donkey! ;] )
Really, I wanna upgrade my computer, I need to buy a figgen power supply and that...

OT...

64 Player's doesn't lag anyone. It's just their internet or their computer is from the 1980's.

The only time I get lag in 64 player server's is when the server has lag spikes (dont wanna mention some names!!)

Also... BF2v does have a test server for 128 players... it's less laggy then PR's SISU.

(PR's SISI has people w/ .5mbps internet speeds!)

Just sayin', but I wouldn't want 128 players YET. Maybe after 1.0version release. (I am guessing 1.0 will be out around August-December of this year.)
Are you serious? Maybe it's because your internet connection sucks, and the server is in Finland and you're in the US. Your high ping might affect it, yknow? I NEVER experience any lag and I think noone in Europe does.
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #18
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]

128 players might work on the 4x4km maps like Kashan, but its gameplay kind of fails on the smaller maps like Muttrah. With that much players in such a small area, the gameplay goes down a lot because it becomes too chaotic for proper squad management.

Quite awesome nontheless because of the massive CQC firefights, it's not something I (and very likely most of the other players) would want to play every day.

I think it's fine the way it is now, with the majority of the servers having 64 players with more tactical gameplay, with the 128p SISU up and running occasionally so people can have a taste of that gameplay every once in a while without having to play it constantly.

However, I do quite like the idea of upping the normal servers with ~10-20 slots to allow for one more infantry squad per side. On the 4x4 maps when all the assets are being manned, the teams lack proper infantry sections most of the time.

Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
LieutenantNessie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander[nl] View Post
128 players might work on the 4x4km maps like Kashan, but its gameplay kind of fails on the smaller maps like Muttrah. With that much players in such a small area, the gameplay goes down a lot because it becomes too chaotic for proper squad management.

Quite awesome nontheless because of the massive CQC firefights, it's not something I (and very likely most of the other players) would want to play every day.

I think it's fine the way it is now, with the majority of the servers having 64 players with more tactical gameplay, with the 128p SISU up and running occasionally so people can have a taste of that gameplay every once in a while without having to play it constantly.

However, I do quite like the idea of upping the normal servers with ~10-20 slots to allow for one more infantry squad per side. On the 4x4 maps when all the assets are being manned, the teams lack proper infantry sections most of the time.
I beg to differ, 2x2km maps work fine, and tested many times.
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #20
Kingy

Personally I hate the 128 server, never actually had a good game there yet. The squads are way too big making them difficult to manage and achieve goals with, the amount of teamwork for me at least is some of the worst I've ever seen although I've heard the organised events are much better. I miss the social aspect of the game where you get to know your 5 squad mates, have a laugh and work together well, which has almost never happened to me on the 128 server.

So yeah if 128 were mandatory I think I'd stop playing PR. If we really were to go for a higher player count on each server I think 96 a side or 84 as mentioned earlier is a better starting point

Quote:
+1
Kingy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
128, mandatory, players