project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
SGT.MARCO

Default [NEW] Mumble [BETA] tutorial :)

It's finally here!

Mumble 1.0.0 has brought so much to Project Reality. Not only does it allow you to communicate with other players, but also with other squads far away. This new mumble is virtually hands-free and very easy to install.

This tutorial was made over the weekend. I will make a better quality tutorial later, having computer problems at the moment. Also I am unable to make a in game demonstration due to the lack of power of my PC. But i hope you enjoy this tutorial. Also rate and subscribe, will really help me out

Controls
Local Speech (default H): you talk to players in the 3D world in a radius around you.
Squad Radio (default NUM 0): you talk to your squad, no matter where they are, like BF2 voip B.
Squad Leader to all Squad Leaders Radio (default NUM *): you talk to all Squad Leaders in the team.
Squad Leader to specific Squad Leader Radio (default NUM 1-9): you talk to a specific Squad Leader in the team.
Squad Leader to Commander Radio (default NUM /): you talk to only the Commander, like BF2 voip V.
Commander to all or specific Squad Leaders Radio: same as described above, but starting with the Commander.

Mumble 1.0.0 download below
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f196...blic-beta.html

OFF TOPIC HERE: If you havent already noticed from my whinning, i need a new Gaming rig. Unfortunately I am not able to buy a new PC but possibly update the motherboard and CPU. I need it to fit my HP a6112n here:HP Pavilion a6112n Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
I currently have 2.1 Ghz and 3 GB ram. also a GTS 450 video card
SGT.MARCO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
KaizerSosa81

Default Re: [NEW] Mumble [BETA] tutorial :)

I never had any issues or uncertainty using the new Mumble but for those who are and/or new players a tutorial would make a world of difference.

Your voice seems to be off sync and it prematurely cuts off at the end but kudos nonetheless. I suggest redoing the video and make it a bit more in depth (going in-game and include the custom Overlay installation as well) for the newbies out there.

Getting more people to use Mumble, the better everyone's personal experience will be.
KaizerSosa81 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

Great that you made this! The new mumble is everthing we wanted and more. Players using mumble have greatly increased, which is good. But amount of mumblers isn't enough. That is 100%.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

May PRTA Use this video in our guide for mumble?

www.prteamwork.com/mumble/

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
Brainlaag

I don't understand why people have such trouble setting up Mumble properly. Five minutes of googling will solve any issue you have.

Nice tutorial nonetheless.
Brainlaag is online now Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

I just made a tutorial last weekend almost identical to yours but without voice over. Heh.

Uploaded four of the better overlays I found on the forums in the attachments below:
How to Install
download, unzip the files...
go to mumble Configuration>Overlay>then click the load button>select the overlay you just downloaded and click ok. simple.

I don't want to derail your thread, post a new thread in the tech support forum and the crack minds of realitymod.com forum will help you upgrade your system on the cheap.

Hardware & Custom Builds - Project Reality Forums
Attached Files
File Type: rar Litoralis_Overlay_January_2012.rar (470 Bytes, 2 views)
File Type: rar Rivers_Overlay.rar (1.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: zip Ancient_Overlay.zip (5.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: rar NoSurrender_overlay.rar (455 Bytes, 0 views)

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
nater
Project Reality Beta Tester

Yes, start another thread for your upgrade info, I'll be sure to help. It's a socket AM3 so that is good, lots of choices.
nater is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
SGT.MARCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Wicca View Post
May PRTA Use this video in our guide for mumble?

Mumble Guide | PRTA
By all means, enjoy. I made this tutorial in order to teach the community. I know that there are some who really do have trouble. I hope this tutorial will help anyone who needs it. I hope to see many more mumblers on Friday. I would be delighted if you used my tutorial Wicca
SGT.MARCO is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
beta, mumble, tutorial