project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
02 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
Stealth Clobber

Default Re: Just some questions! Just Joined!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan XD View Post
What's wrong with Wicca!?!?!?!!
Everything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stealth Clobber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #12
Dylan XD

What if i'm still on 1.31.... lmfao havnt played forever. btw can anyone tell me what I do? (the steps for like the patch and map pack and full client .97 and how do i play it )
Dylan XD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #13
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

If you're still on 1.31 you need to download 1.41 and 1.50 and install them before installing PR. When BF2 is patched, run it, and see if it says "1.5..." in the lower right corner of the screen when you're at the menu. If it does, you're ready to install PR.

Download part 1, 2 and 3, and run them. First 1, then 2, then 3. When you've installed it, you should be asked to both download PRMumble 1.0 and update Punkbuster. Do both of them.

When you have done this, you should be ready to play PR. You start it by double-clicking on the PR-shortcut that will appear on your desktop as soon as you've finished installing it. The Project Reality Manual will also be on your desktop. You can read it if you want to.

When it comes to Mumble, all you need to do is enter a nick (preferably the same nick as you use in PR), and hit enter. All this is after you've installed it and when you've run through the audio-wizard.

Remember to start PRMumble v1.0 as administrator! If you do not do this, it will have problems working properly, such as not linking to BF2, or not being placed in squads.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #14
Dylan XD

Damn -_- I cant just do patch 1.5 right off the bat? -_-
Dylan XD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #15
ledo1222

Quote:
Hey Project Reality, I joined yesterday night and I'm really excited to start playing.

I was wondering if people still play, if so how many. Oh, and what do I do with the full client i downloaded? do i just put run? cause when I put run nothing popped up. And do I need any specific patches for my BF2? Haven't played in a year+ lol

~~~Dylan XD
Why are you exited nothing to be worked over

YOU GOT TO BE STOKED TO PLAY PR RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome hope too see you on the battle of field

-The Mods cant Silence me!
-Its all a Conspiracy all OF IT!
-Boys get the duck tape ready..... Umm.....

Been palying PR:ARMA2 since 0.1v beta

ledo1222 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #16
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Quote:
Damn -_- I cant just do patch 1.5 right off the bat? -_-
Nope, you'll need 1.41 and 1.5. Both are massive patches and might take a while to install, too. But it's worth it

Anyway, welcome to the forums! Make sure to read the manual before you start playing - if you have any questions, we're all eager to help. When in-game, tell your squad leader that you're new and they'll usually help you out a bit.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via

[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:34 AM   #17
KiloJules

Hearty Welcome to Project Life!

As for telling your SL and SMs that you are new:

New players are always appreciated but make sure to follow what Spec said and "read that f'ing manual" - people are mostly willing to help but it makes it

a) way easier to explain sth. when you at least know a tiny bit

b) makes a WAAAY better first impression and people even more willing to help you out!

Btw...saying "hello" here and inform you a bit before playing was sure not the worst start!

----------

As for mumble 1.0 :

There is an "Overlay" function to be enabled that makes this tool even better. Way better!
The appropriate thread is just this one here...

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...ble-1-0-a.html

With that enabled and adjusted to your likings you are really ready to be an internet soldier!

----------

Good luck and see you...through my sights

Kilo Out!
KiloJules is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:15 AM   #18
xambone

Send a message via MSN to xambone Send a message via Skype™ to xambone

I think the best part about playing PR is the Medics get to Shoot you with their bag and you actually ask them to touch you with their bag. I have often heard mumblers saying, Hey Medic can you give me some loving.

I have been frustrated ever since they stop me from being able to man love my self with the medic bag, I mean so what i do it all the time, at least I give my squadmates the old medic bag when they are bleeding out.

Also Do not press ALT + F4 for self heal, it makes me crash everytime
xambone is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:37 AM   #19
Apocalypse89

Don't want to intimidate you with even more downloads, but after you get everything installed it's also recommended to download the 0.97 map pack since most servers run it and the maps it includes seem fairly popular:
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380...ml#post1708038

Also if you plan on playing on co-op servers or just singleplayer for any significant amount of time, the 0.95 Singleplayer map pack is also a good idea to install, though far from necessary(despite the version number it works perfectly well with PR 0.97):
FilePlanet: Battlefield 2 - Project Reality Singleplayer v0.95 Map Pack
Last edited by Apocalypse89; 01-13-2012 at 05:48 AM..
Old 01-13-2012, 05:01 AM   #20
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Ill help you with any question once i see you in xfire mate.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
joined, newhere, questions, wiccaisunclecandy, wiccaloveslittleboys, wiccarapesnewbies