project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #71
Ratface
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Hardcore Clan Letter to the BF2:PR Community

^
^
(not ur post dev, but stealth's )
This does not help at all whatsoever...

How many ban appeals has solidus had now?

When I started PR about a year or two ago, I started a bit on coop and then HOG, tried some TG but the first few games i played disliked because they were disorganized (not saying that is how it is now, but the few games i played starting out i didn't like )

Then I tried =H= and ive been playing on this server since. It's true there have been A LOT of things happening recently, and we've seen some trolls and flammers make some of these things go way to far.

I'm just a regular there when im in the PR mood and usually play against the stack, and while it's true that it is hard to beat, it is very possible when you have pubbers in mumble for communication (which I always join before joining the server).

I like many of the admins i've played with, but I won't go into that because i think we can all agree that plenty has been said about this for the last 7 pages

So i guess the point im trying to make is that when I am in a PR kinda mood, I like to play on this because i have friends, and I also find it a challenge to fight the stack, or even just to have fun and play the game. I am VERY against the idea that the server should be taken down because of the gameplay going on (GAMEPLAY, not admining ), because i think many of us would either switch to different servers or give up on PR for a while because there would be 1 less U.S. server available.

I hope all the =H= admins who have been keeping up with this are reading many of the suggestions and working through the many rages going on, because i'd like to see the server back up soon, it is my and many other player's PR home

(And btw stealth420, uncaps cannot be attacked unless ur on insurgency, probably one reason why solidus was banned)

Thanks for reading

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:41 AM   #72
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Ratface, you look like a very typical regular player on Hardcore's server. One that tried a couple of servers but failed and then found Hardcore. Even though a lot of things have happened, you're still playing there. Why is beyond me.

Do you enjoy playing against a totally stacked team? Do you think this is the way to do it? Are you enjoying the Insurgency rounds when you're forced to be on the opposing force, knowing that there's no reason for you to defend, as they're all going for unknowns anyways?

Seriously, instead of playing on a server you know have issues, try finding yourself a new server - I promise you you'll get a completely different view on Project Reality as a modification.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:48 AM   #73
cyprezz

OK, help me understand what's going on. Is =H= under investigation in regards to the 5 dollar bribe licensing breach or are they being investigating for unfair teamplay practices and admin abuse as a whole? Just how long will this take until PR makes an announcement regarding their decision?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:52 AM   #74
Ratface
PR Server License Moderator

1. Yes, i do, i find it as a challenge, especially when i lead good pubbers against the stack and win. Victory is sweeter when this happens

2. While I find the stack fun to play against at times, I do wish for it to become more even, but I play it as a game, which is what this is in the end...a very kickass game.

3. There is reason to defend, because i find to defend knowns all you need is to have scouts reporting enemy positions. Track they're movement, spawn on unknown, fight off ninjas, any way it works to fight a challenge.

4. I have tried other servers, but I play to have some fun, and I can join in with some friends. I spoke as I had before in that I like the server, and just because some people dislike it still after some bad admins doesnt mean I will stop liking it. I've said what I've said, but thanks for your insight, while I may try some others out =H= will be my go-to server

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:33 AM   #75
FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
Ratface, you look like a very typical regular player on Hardcore's server. One that tried a couple of servers but failed and then found Hardcore. Even though a lot of things have happened, you're still playing there. Why is beyond me.

Do you enjoy playing against a totally stacked team? Do you think this is the way to do it? Are you enjoying the Insurgency rounds when you're forced to be on the opposing force, knowing that there's no reason for you to defend, as they're all going for unknowns anyways?

Seriously, instead of playing on a server you know have issues, try finding yourself a new server - I promise you you'll get a completely different view on Project Reality as a modification.
just because you cant fathom the idea of defending an unk, doesnt mean others cant. just because you cant imagine how great it feels to succeed when failure is almost guaranteed does not mean others cannot have fun doing it.

or you can act pretentious and bash others for liking different challenges than you do on internet forums all day, hey its all up to you buddy.

Ingame name:FLAP.INCmoon

Old 01-11-2012, 04:31 AM   #76
ubernuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mace1141 View Post
To the Project Reality Community,

This is Michael w Mace aka mace1141. I have been Apart of Hardcore from the

beginning. What we strive for here at hardcore is to simply play the game/Love the game.

We love it so that we find our self's calling each other brother's rather then clan mat's.

The resign I am telling you this is that it is hard to get to this level of camaraderie ship.

Hardcore strife?s to teach new people on how to play the game in so many level?s. Squad

leading, Flying, Mortars and exc. This is time and time again. Hardcore is a small good

part of the pr community. Some people think other wise but I am here to state a small

part of What I have seen and done.

As Hardcore we Take pride in our forums to where most of this drama is taken care of.

We have grate admen?s that are prompted in there decision and if a public player don't

like that decision They can report them to the admin abuse section. We are a well policed

admen machine. With respect I ask all that have a problem with hardcore to go there and

voice your opinion's so we as a clan can grow and learn to be better.

If this is to out of the way come to are ventrilo channel and We can talk over Voip.

Thank you
Web site hardcoregamingclan.com
VIOP : IP 216.6.224.114 Port number: 3904

Thank you, Have a nice day
Except for me as i am obviously not welcome anymore huh????Inspite of not doing anything wrong in the first place............................................. ...........................and I'm having a very nice day thanks.
Last edited by ubernuka; 01-11-2012 at 05:18 AM.. Reason: To tell him I'm having a nice day.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:54 AM   #77
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

I'm not bashing anyone. I am perfectly aware of that people are different, but I would still like regular Hardcore-players to try out other servers. I believe you misunderstood me.

Quote:
just because you cant imagine how great it feels to succeed when failure is almost guaranteed does not mean others cannot have fun doing it.
I know how it feels, but this is rare on Hardcore. As Ratface said himself, it is hard to beat a completely stacked team.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:07 AM   #78
ubernuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver_ View Post
I 100% agree with notmyingamename. The issues occuring on =]H[= are entirely gameplay flaws, and to me, they don't matter at all. When I first started playing PR on =]H[=, it was the same way it was now. The gameplay was competitive, the community was great. At no point did i rage quit, complain, or even look on the team menu and notice any form of stacking.

The majority of you are talking about the teamstacking issue on Hardcore, more of a gameplay issue than anything else.
On the =]H[= forums, there is a feedback section. About the only thing I see in this section is that of map rotation changes. Rarely, a thread concerning teamstacking will come up, and this is always treated the same. Admins do what they can to ensure fairness on both sides.

Teamstacking does not even necessarily mean all the present =]H[= members on one side. A good player of PR does not need a =]H[= tag, and i find that most don't. Individual clans that frequent our server can often lead to imbalance, but the admins aren't going to split them up: why would you want to play PR specifically with your clanmates if you can't even be on the same team? And the claims of "40 minute rounds" are a rarity, but when they occur, it is because of TEAMWORK/SKILLED players. As I recall, this is the playerbase =]H[= advertises in their server name. All types of players are welcome, but if a player uses teamwork and is skilled (or develops skill), they will find themselves caught up in the entertaining, competitive atmosphere of =]H[=. I honestly see no resolve to the semi-existant teamstacking problem, because it is a gameplay flaw that is inherent to every game of this kind.
As Coeman mentioned the server is the most populous in PR, full at peak times every day. Obviously, they are doing something right.

May i also point out, that this entire issue stemmed from an incredibly obvious troll, who went from ingame, to the hardcore forums, and finally to here.
Listen mate I was not trolling and never do.I had genuine concerns over gameplay which were ignored by the admins who eventually permanent banned me for swearing(not directly at them).From the start YOU have tied to turn me into a troll with false accusations of duplicate accounts and constant attempts to flame me. I would like to say that when i was posting a ban appeal on hardcores forum they were complete arseholes about it. I did all they wanted format wise and even apologised for my alleged infraction. Their respomse was that I was a troll and the implication was that i should be tortured to death on the rack for it.Unless I gave them five dollars of course.
I would like to add that I have played Pr for a good few years now and;
I CAN COUNT MY BANS ON ONE BLOODY HAND.
I DO NOT .(usually )
I PLAY WITHIN THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES.

ALL I EVER WANTED WAS FOR THEM TO STOP BASERAPING US (ON AAS) SO WE COULD GET A GAME TOO............................................... ...............................................

Last edited by ubernuka; 01-11-2012 at 05:19 AM.. Reason: clarification
Old 01-11-2012, 05:38 AM   #79
wizzard_uk

good morning ladies an getlemen i have stayed quiet on this issue for now as i am a close freind of Ubernuka and have known him in real life for over 20 years. I was playing on said server when he got the ban an those in our squad where like WTF why did you get banned after which we all left the server and went an played somewhere else not giving it another thought.
in the original letter coeman says that the payment of $5 for an unban was an isolated incidet this next paragraph is copie an pasted from their own forum an i appologise to the person involved for using it but to say it was an isolated incident is wrong for if they can do it once what is stopping them from demanding monies (more commonly known as extortion or blackmail) from others
i gave u a chance to make it up but u blew it but we could fix this , u have 2 options :
1 : buy a nother cd key , change your name and hope we wont catch u , living the life of a fugitive
2 : the new cd key costs about 5 bucks so to get unbanned u could donate 5 bucks ( to know how go to the home page ) your record will be erased , u will come out clean , show us how much u appreciate our server
note : you have 48 hours to response and if u decide to donate your ban will b in the pending state until we recieve your money
start counting as of 01/05/2012 11:40 am , by the time u read this message you have less than 48 hours act fast , offer time limitted

[ Edited Thu Jan 05 2012, 05:39PM ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is on their forum site taken directly from an unban appeal and after reading some of the other forum letters on thier home page i have discovered that it is in fact common practice for them to "charge" ppl to get unbanned dont belive me then i have screen shots if required
Last edited by wizzard_uk; 01-11-2012 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: updated information
Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #80
[R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad
PR:BF2 Developer

Your credibility, wizzard, is almost as puerile as your spelling.

Closed Thread

Tags
bf2pr, clan, community, hardcore, letter, ubernuka