project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #41
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: Hardcore Clan Letter to the BF2:PR Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
2) "Don't like it? Don't play there" is a perfectly valid argument.
How is that a valid argument? If this is how they're going to behave, it shows nothing but how uninterested they are in listening to the people having problems with their server!
People having issues now, and those who will have issues later won't bother playing on their server anymore, as they know the admins won't say nothing but "Fuck it. We don't care what you think. It's our server".

I don't think this is how the Hardcore-clan want's it, and therefore they need to change their attitude from "Don't like it? Don't play there" to "Please tell me your issues with our server, so we can help you finding it attractive again".

Mace, I will actually bother reading what you wrote if you replace the red color with black. I'd also appreciate it if you can change from align center to align left.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #42
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Ouch that hurts my eyes. Admins, I do not see the point of this thread at all. Can burst easily in something we dont want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #43
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSSive View Post
Can burst easily in something we dont want.
Let's try to avoid that. For once I'm interested in discussing properly with the Hardcore-clan.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #44
PricelineNegotiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSSive View Post
Admins, I do not see the point of this thread at all.
To voice our opinions about the Hardcore server. We can't do it anywhere else. Something has to be done.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #45
Calhoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
We can't do it anywhere else.
Forums / PROJECT REALITY / Server Feedback Thread - HARDCORE GAMING CLAN
Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #46
|TG-69th|Wookie

[QUOTE=Calhoun;1717911]
I don't agree with Tactical Gamer's "kicked for Supporting Member" policy which "encourages" you pay money so you can play uninterrupted, so I don't play on Tactical Gamer. Never until today have I complained about this, and I have only done so as an example.
QUOTE]
As always there are 2 sides to every coin...

I really wish you had chosen a different example because you are comparing apples and oranges. A supporting membership at TG supports the whole community not just one particular server title.

[QUOTE=Calhoun;1717911]
2) "Don't like it? Don't play there" is a perfectly valid argument.
QUOTE]
I guess any argument could be considered a valid argument....does that make it right or ok? Getting rid of the "don't like it then lump it" mentality would go a long way towards improving the PR community as a whole...IMHO.

As for the clan letter in post #1 of this thread....

"actions speak louder than words"

"only time will tell"

I will beleive it when I see it"

Old saying are old sayings for a reason. I for one think everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #47
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

All right then, I have nothing much to say then. Ive played few times not so long ago on this server and I did not like it. Reason? Its been mentioned here. Team stack, allowed baserape, ignorant representatives. I registered on their forum and pointed on a problem, but got infamous answer - dont like it? dont play here. So I didn't. Large player base has nothing to do with popularity. Most of good PR clans with older players, will not play there, most of their players are new and inexperienced. Gaining experience in this kind of environment is bad for future player base of this mod. I short that will be it.
Things to change?
As we techs like to say - shut it down, and reinstall it. Start from beginning, revise the rules, discharge all admins, elect new ones - ones mature enough to handle it.
Thing is, you shouldn't let yourself come to this point. I hope you will manage to get out of all this.

CATA4TW!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #48
Cassius

Actually I have to stick with the "dont play there if you dont like it" argument. While it is beyond me, why anybody would play a game like Project reality or ARMA2 PR (or ARMA PR), if they just want to roam and do whatever they want when there are games out better suited for that (BF3 countless others) is beyond me. Then again there are people who buy cars based on how fast they go around the N?rburgring although they have no intention to learn how to race a car.

Some people like not having to play team oriented when playing PR, just want to snipe, just want to do their thing and join a squad just to get kits. Some servers seem to be the place to go for that. I am aware there have been other problems with the server staff from what I read, which I cant really comment on, since I dont play on their servers, but yeah, if you dont like it dont play there. I dont and I dont.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Old 01-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #49
Murphy

If =H= has as many members as one poster mentioned then why would there ever be an issue with balancing teams? If you guys were a smaller tightly knit clan with 5-8 players on the server at any given time having everyone on one team would not affect the outcome as much as say 12-20 players getting teamswitched by admins so they can be with the rest of the clan. Not only is this at odds with any fair play policies you may/may not have, but it is bordering on abuse of admin powers. If 6-7 =H= guys load up on the wrong team and get switched this leaves a massive gap not only number-wise but also skill-wise as generally the people who will get teamswitched are those who have died (given up waiting for a medic) which is often a sign of poor teamwork/skills.

Another huge issue is the length of INS rounds on your server. Now I have been in squads chasing unknowns and have had a lot of success thanks to noobs who MUST HAVE THAT KIT U CANT SPAWN WITH. That being said every single INS round on hardcore is rather one sided to Blufor and there are a few main reasons for that. First and foremost is the fact that Hardcore members will stack blufor almost every time, once again leaving random (more often then not noob) players to be switched over to Insurgents. Top this with the fact that INS rounds play out with mostly unknowns going down, and are normally less then an hour, and you begin to see why so many players have "feedback" for you guys. To most players this is a clear sign of ghosting, while a lot of experienced players realize it's not case closed at all. The game mode is not perfect, but the way insurgency rounds go on your server is rather pathetic so everyone has been calling you guys out on it for a while now, sadly no obvious changes have been made.

And last but certainly not least is the lack of team cohesion, I believe is partly due to you guys wanting to keep pushing your vent server on the pubbies. It does promote teamwork, and it is really good that the clan has extended an open invitation to anyone/everyone and you guys do it as often as you can. Unfortunately not everyone has ventrillo, and there is no real reason to download it when mumble is provided. Keep vent for your clan, much like OD-S does with TS, and invite your friends to join but don't expect a random pubby to go out of his way to meet you guys on vent. You must meet us half way, and as annoying as it is getting to read this, mumble is the half way point. What ends up happening is the public players are in the dark running their squads as if they are the only one on the server, checking the map often results in "WTF IS Squad X doing WAY over there far away from the obectives?". There is a reason server enforce mumble, next time you're on one of those servers take note of the difference in team cohesion. I'm not saying you guys should enforce mumble, but it's a powerful tool that needs to be taken advantage of because everyone who installed PR has it.

You guys have one of the most active servers, and the admin team may not be the best ever but they do their job fairly well and I have yet to see anyone as abusive and downright stupid as one particular NWA admin (come at me bro!). I am also pleased to see that you guys have decided to act when the banning incident was brought to the public forums, instead of sitting on your hands and feeling sorry for the abusive admin.

Do everyone a favor and take your collective head out of the sand and observe the rest of the community, valid points have been brought up time and time again but change isn't easy and no one will do it for you.

Last edited by Murphy; 01-10-2012 at 09:06 PM..
Old 01-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #50
ShockUnitBlack

As a nonsupporting TG regular, I'd like to say kicking for reserved slots is completely reasonable and fair.

Closed Thread

Tags
bf2pr, clan, community, hardcore, letter, ubernuka