project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #31
sabwarfare
Default Re: Hardcore Clan Letter to the BF2:PR Community

redacted
Last edited by sabwarfare; 01-10-2012 at 08:16 PM..
Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #32
illidur

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
Why are you not using Mumble, which is downloaded with PR, and is something that requires so much less from a person than Ventrilo?
i'm pretty happy with H's mumble usage tbh. here is a pic from 3 days ago. i took it because im happy mumble is being used as normal now.
Attached Thumbnails
h-mumble-channel.jpg  
Last edited by illidur; 01-10-2012 at 08:16 PM..
Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #33
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by |TG-69th|Wookie View Post
I for one don't find steamrolling fun....
Which is good. Neither do I. Unfortunately the Hardcore-clan thinks it's great fun.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #34
sabwarfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by |TG-69th|Wookie View Post
I for one don't find steamrolling fun....
I agree 100% but I don't make policy.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #35
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

I got to agree with saXoni's post #25.

There are not that many remaining PR players that can hold their own against the stacked H side.

We're talking about the law of diminishing returns, you're turning off the playerbase for PR as a whole, while simultaneously losing the quality of your own experience while playing PR.

You guys need to split yourselves 50/50 to balance the teams.

Other stuff is a general PR problem, when H clan go hunting for unknown caches with the combat engineer kit, it really ruins gameplay for everyone else on the map. Now I go unknown cache hunting myself, so it's a matter of self restraint. I know for certain there are members of your clan who know where every single cache spawn location is located on severeal different maps.

You guys then drive around in a Jeep like Municipal Building Inspectors looking for code violations and condemn every unknown cache you come across.

Is that really a game?

I still don't understand why you aren't using PRMumble, especially the H clan admins when online...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #36
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabwarfare View Post
I cannot post anymore on this thread due to my posts being the focus of flames from certain forum users on here. Please come to our clan forums on our website so we can further discuss criticisms and anything else you want to dicuss
What's the difference between this forum, and your own?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #37
PricelineNegotiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabwarfare View Post
In response:
4. post on our forums. we look forward to all constructive criticism for sure
I urge you not to ask anyone else to signup on your dumb forum. Seriously. Why in the hell would anyone take their extra time to help your server out when it is obvious that you guys won't change? I would rather spend my time watching America's Next Top Model than registering and posting on your forums. It's a completely inconvenient way for the community to deal with HARDCORE, who is the PROBLEM.

I really think the real PR community should step up and voice their opinion on this matter, as it affects all of us.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #38
sabwarfare

our server feedback thread got closed on here so we have to do it somewhere else
Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #39
Calhoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
Arc pretty much said it, but I've got a couple of things I'd like to comment on.

It looks to me as you think team-stacking is okay, and if the non-Hardcore members wants to try and beat you, they need to join you on Ventrilo and start communicating. Why are you not using Mumble, which is downloaded with PR, and is something that requires so much less from a person than Ventrilo?

As both Arc and Ledo said; Don't like it don't play is not a valid argument. You need to stand for your actions, and let the community give you feedback - whether it's negative or positive doesn't matter. There's a reason why the community is unsatisfied, and you should learn from it.

Maybe you should take this as a hint? Again; there's a reason why the community is unsatisfied. Fix your server and policies to prevent this from happening. Neither the DEV's, nor the Mods or the PR community are the problem. You are.

EasyAlpha; there's another example of how horrible you're at defending yourselves. Come with some arguments, instead of posting useless stuff making you look like a idiot.

Out of interest, what happened with the guy telling the banned person to pay $5 to get un-banned?

EDIT: Maybe you should start everything by reopening the feedback-thread for this server?
A couple things:

1) People in a clan want to play with each other. They've got the right to play together.

That said, I have seen plenty of pubber teams beat the "stacked Hardcore team" before. Lately, however, I have also noticed =]H[= been mixing up their "distribution", maybe 60/40 (if not 50/50), with increasing frequency.

And they do use Mumble. I have seen plenty of them on Mumble and I have seen plenty of them encourage using Mumble. They've even offered help, creating "MUMBLE" squads, and then explaining or offering assistance in setting up and using Mumble, for people who are interested who join their squad for help.

2) "Don't like it? Don't play there" is a perfectly valid argument.

I don't agree with Tactical Gamer's "kicked for Supporting Member" policy which "encourages" you pay money so you can play uninterrupted, so I don't play on Tactical Gamer. Never until today have I complained about this, and I have only done so as an example.

I think you've got this view of the server which isn't accurate anymore, or maybe you've got a problem with certain Hardcore members so you've decided to make it a problem with the entire clan. Whichever it is, I've seen nothing but positive changes since I started playing on their server years ago and I think while it was a great place to play then, it's an even better place now.

You claim "the community is unsatisfied," yet the Hardcore server is often populated, which is an indication you're wrong. I see people complaining about things every now and then in-game, and they're usually people who don't understand the rules or are unaware of the rules.

I'm simply another player, not a member of the Hardcore clan, and I'm satisfied. The players who populate the Hardcore server, too, appear satisfied. I would have expected they would at least post constructive feedback and valid complaints on their Hardcore forum if they are unsatisfied, but I haven't seen feedback beyond map rotation feedback myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
I urge you not to ask anyone else to signup on your dumb forum. Seriously. Why in the hell would anyone take their extra time to help your server out when it is obvious that you guys won't change?
"You need to change, but you're not going to change, so I recommend people don't post feedback on changes they want, or things they dislike!"

Why do you consider it worth your time to go on about how "nothing will change, they won't listen, our feedback will be ignored, etc." but not to actually take the time to come up with actual constructive feedback? You've got no right making complaints about the way something is, if you aren't going to make an effort to change or improve it, because you're obviously not really interested in it being changed or improved.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #40
mace1141

To the Project Reality Community,

This is Michael w Mace aka mace1141. I have been Apart of Hardcore from the

beginning. What we strive for here at hardcore is to simply play the game/Love the game.

We love it so that we find our self's calling each other brother's rather then clan mat's.

The resign I am telling you this is that it is hard to get to this level of camaraderie ship.

Hardcore strife?s to teach new people on how to play the game in so many level?s. Squad

leading, Flying, Mortars and exc. This is time and time again. Hardcore is a small good

part of the pr community. Some people think other wise but I am here to state a small

part of What I have seen and done.

As Hardcore we Take pride in our forums to where most of this drama is taken care of.

We have grate admen?s that are prompted in there decision and if a public player don't

like that decision They can report them to the admin abuse section. We are a well policed

admen machine. With respect I ask all that have a problem with hardcore to go there and

voice your opinion's so we as a clan can grow and learn to be better.

If this is to out of the way come to are ventrilo channel and We can talk over Voip.

Thank you
Web site hardcoregamingclan.com
VIOP : IP 216.6.224.114 Port number: 3904

Thank you, Have a nice day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread

Tags
bf2pr, clan, community, hardcore, letter, ubernuka