project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #151
Stealth Clobber

Default Re: Hardcore Clan Letter to the BF2:PR Community

Wow, this is all very interesting. I only have one gripe.

There's one less American server out of the very little that are there now!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #152
illidur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post
Personally I agree that H has a terrible attitude towards feedback given. The default response from H members seems to be highly defensive, with little to no consideration for any points made. Perhaps that is an understandable response considering the amount of flak they have received over the years for the running of their server. Unfortunately, a lot of said "flak" is quite justified.
firstly i dont even wear my tag or name because of the flamers on this site. what does that say? most of the clan doesn't come here because of it. but i guess it's justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post
I would also say the "Don't like it, don't play there" argument is an interesting one. In times gone by I would of said fair enough, yes, vote with your feet. But in the past few months with player numbers dropping off it hurts this mod so much when 1 or 2 of the handful of servers you can choose from are renowned for poor teamwork and shaky administration. In a case like that, voting with your feet could mean playing something else, when your first choice would of been PR.

so your idea of great gameplay is different then H's? so really you would like to see H fall because you want (server name) up? need i say more?

i am a member (or should i saw was now?) of H and i play other servers. but find i liked this server most as the people who play there don't have their pantys in a bunch.

there is a reason its #1, there is a reason this thread is taking over. this little accident is blown out of proportion by those who just hate the server. thats what i think anyways. those wont be happy until it becomes (insert server here). i find this server has great teamwork. we have great pubbers who frequent there.

sounds like the admin who thought this was a good idea was thinking " if he really wants to play here again and doesn't hate this place he can donate 5$ to the server/PR to prove it". of course if you think about it its immoral. but he had good intentions. i wont speak for him however.

i only look at my own ban appeals and i don't get many of those. if anything that is a sign that H has become a better place till just now. like i said, 3 days ago i took a pic of mumble and was impressed that was becoming the normal now.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #153
*NwA*Orford
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieutenantNessie View Post
Only thing? You might want to take a look at my posts then XD I'm sorry if I gave my opinion on a thread where someone asked opinions about servers. But I'll end this for now

Love you, xx.

OT,

Hope you guys can get back on track, Asking for a payment was the breaking point.

Although I agree your server your rules as far as game play. Taking a step back from time to time and looking at what you have and asking yourself "are we doing this right" may be some thing your new admin team would want to implement may be once a month.

Just like us, just because you have a full server dosn't mean your doing it right. Even with 2 full servers. Your just filling your house with people who like the same beer as you. Some times a change is good, it opens you up to new flavours and thus new people.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #154
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Where is the like button on this forum.

This is an interesting move by H.

noob

Old 01-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #155
=]H[=CubCadet1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
Where is the like button on this forum.

This is an interesting move by H.
The simple truth is that we need to fix some things.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #156
LieutenantNessie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NwA*Orford View Post
Love you, xx.

OT,

Hope you guys can get back on track, Asking for a payment was the breaking point.

Although I agree your server your rules as far as game play. Taking a step back from time to time and looking at what you have and asking yourself "are we doing this right" may be some thing your new admin team would want to implement may be once a month.

Just like us, just because you have a full server dosn't mean your doing it right. Even with 2 full servers. Your just filling your house with people who like the same beer as you. Some times a change is good, it opens you up to new flavours and thus new people.
Oh lol you made my day , appreciate your humor!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #157
*NwA*Orford
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieutenantNessie View Post
Oh lol you made my day , appreciate your humor!
We may not like each others battlefield but we are still human beings.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #158
Buren06

I don't play on Hardcore enough to have experienced all the problems that are being described. However, I am generally in agreement that major teamstacking in a public server is a detriment to the PR experience on the whole.

It's completely natural that people in the same clan want to play together - however, if you're not prepared to split up 50/50 (which should be enforced by the admins), then just organize more clan skrims so you can play together more. I am sure TG or OD-S would be more than willing. If you don't have 64 members, then fill up the team with members, then allow others in.

We also shouldn't pretend the teamstacking issue is unique to =H=. I've seen it on TG or any other clan with a close, competent playerbase. However, with others the effort they make to evenly distribute the players is obvious, and there aren't many times when this becomes a problem.

In regards to their subscription system - hosting a server costs money, and I think it's only fair to give the players who are shouldering some of that burden "special treatment".
Old 01-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #159
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

NwA took a lot of hard hits three-four months back. They decided to actually do something about it, and look at them now. A lot of people saying "I don't like NwA anymore because of this and that" is now playing on the server because they listened to the community. Yes, their server was still full, but they did get a lot of negative feedback. Instead of saying "Don't like it don't play", as they tended to do, they did something.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #160
A.Wickens

Send a message via MSN to A.Wickens Send a message via Skype™ to A.Wickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buren06 View Post
I am sure TG or OD-S would be more than willing.
No TG would not, just to clear that up.
Closed Thread

Tags
bf2pr, clan, community, hardcore, letter, ubernuka