project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
Predator.v2

Default Re: How to configure overlay in mumble 1.0

Is there any way to deactivate the "speak" overlays?
The names in white when someone is talking local.
Currently i have decreased the covering power to 12.5%, so i hardly see them anymore.
But a proper solution would be more satisfying.
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #12
ryan d ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
now I can know wich SL is talking to me
I would use the the layover if it could be configured to only appear when SLs speak.

They rarely mention the squad number and think you're telepathic or something. I SL a lot and it annoys me that SLs haven't seemed to catch on to the idea that it sure helps to identify yourself via squad number.

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
pr_profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
Wow thanks alot guys, I didn't even know about the overlay at all, now I can know wich SL is talking to me and wich member of my squad is talking
Same thing! Waiting for weekend to try it ingame!
pr_profile is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #14
Cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan d ale View Post
I would use the the layover if it could be configured to only appear when SLs speak.

They rarely mention the squad number and think you're telepathic or something. I SL a lot and it annoys me that SLs haven't seemed to catch on to the idea that it sure helps to identify yourself via squad number.
"Squad X this is X" or "This is X to all callsigns" its so eazy, even the army can do it.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #15
Ca6e

Yes u can modify or edit overlay, just click RMB on name at " preview screen", click edit and u can modiyfy by your own choices, my was that i saw only those who are speaking into my chanel!
Ca6e is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #16
[FC]Freddie
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeps View Post
Personally I cannot seem to get the overlay to show up at all. I have the checkbox selected, I've restarted PR a couple of times. I've even tried a custom overlay, does not seem to ever show up. Running both as admin on Windows 7.
I had the same problem and found that running Mumble in Administrator mode fixed it.

[FC]Freddie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #17
DesmoLocke

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke Send a message via Skype™ to DesmoLocke

I HIGHLY encourage all players to use a Mumble overlay. Especially if you plan on squad leading.

It's terribly useful to know exactly which squad leader is talking to you. Or to know which one refuses to not use the (*) and thinks everything he says is pertinent to every SL. hehe

My favorite is a version of AncientMan's overlay called Ancient_overlay_nobackground.mumblelay
It can be found in the .zip file at the vbery bottom of the first post here
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ml#post1726382

\
And here is a friendly reminder of the default key bindings...

This will be a great help until something similar is implemented in the future 1.0 release.
So That's New... - Project Reality Forums

Last edited by DesmoLocke; 06-10-2013 at 11:51 PM..
Old 06-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #18
Souls Of Mischief

I wish I could, but since I can only start Mumble AFTER I have PR on, it's not possible for me. Whenever I start Mumble first, PR doesn't start.
Souls Of Mischief is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:32 AM   #19
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souls Of Mischief View Post
I wish I could, but since I can only start Mumble AFTER I have PR on, it's not possible for me. Whenever I start Mumble first, PR doesn't start.
Try disabling the overlay in PRmumble then try to start it before PR. I'm guessing you have the same overlay instant-crash that I used to.
[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #20
FlamingSoul

Overlay doesen't work in Windows 8. Can you update mumble base? 1.2.4 - Mumble

FlamingSoul is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
configure, mumble, overlay