project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 04:25 AM   #31
PFunk

Default Re: PR for Dummies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi1 View Post
Is going prone for that 10% bonus really worth resetting the settle time?

If you have the time to pick out a spot prone might be worth it, otherwise I don't think so.
If you are going to be engaged in a long range firefight then the 10% is actually worth it. Prone is probably the closest PR will ever get to a being 'dug in'. The mentality of someone when they go prone should be that they are safe at the moment, definitely inside friendly lines or in a position where for the next few seconds or minute at least they can sit there and fire without needing to engage someone behind them. The other thing though is that you should always have someone watching the 6, and probably a bit set back from the 'front' of the squad if you're going stationary so that if the 6-Man gets taken down people have time to swivel and face the new threat.

Its a tool for a specific instance. Another time its useful is if you have to stop for a prolonged period in a position with very low cover, the kind that doesn't afford you a 'pop-up' toaster covered position. Its obviously never smart to be stuck in that spot but sometimes you are and prone is obviously the better choice so that you present the lowest silhouette possible.

Another thing to consider is that sometimes the goal isn't to be a fast mobile and deadly soldier constantly flanking and moving. Sometimes you want to be stealthy or hidden. If you are sitting for a prolonged time, not only does it save your pinky some stress, but its also easier to slot into some hiding spots while prone. I generally prefer to be prone in those PR bushes that are on just about every map. Also if you're in a solid holding position you can peek around the side of cover rather than over it and that is far less obvious that someone popping up and down like a Pop Tart.

Remember the eye is drawn to motion so sliding around cover while prone compared to popping up over it can be a much smarter way to lay your eyes on a possible enemy position.

Generally its all about feel. With experience you know when its smart to use a particular stance. You learn to read the terrain and get a feel for whats happening. Its not a clear cut skill that can be answered by one absolute.

With all that said, 90% of my time I fire from the crouched or crouched->standing position. It is by and large of far more utility than prone. I just wanted to point out that prone isn't a waste of time. People who are, or think they are, really good at PR tend to like to speak in absolutes that they themselves often break. Nothing is as simple as a one sentence bullet point some nerd posted on a message board.

[PR]NATO|P*Funk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PFunk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:58 AM   #32
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NwA*Orford View Post
I'll try and make a video to show you what I mean.
That would be much appreciated.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #33
nicoX
Supporting Member

Do you lose tickets if you destroy your own FOB..? disable/demolish.
What if the commander does it?

If you just plop out a FOB, and don't build on it. It will disappear, will you lose tickets?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited by nicoX; 03-08-2012 at 06:14 AM..
Old 06-20-2012, 05:59 AM   #34
nicoX
Supporting Member

I was told by a commander not to set out markers on the map as it would be visible to the enemy, he told me to mark with the observation marker instead. I don't know what he was talking about and never had the chance to ask him again...

I guess the answer was already in this thread: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...ml#post1699311

Last edited by nicoX; 06-20-2012 at 06:08 AM..
Old 06-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #35
SGT.MARCO

tbh this thread is not that helpful because half of the things, if not more, have been dis proven or just hoaxes. We should back our post with threads

Common misconception: standing and building is faster than prone building...false...tested it on Fallujah, takes the same amount of time.
SGT.MARCO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #36
KiloJules

tbh this thread is not very helpful cause it is not structured. That is why it died 6 and then 3 months ago. Everyone had to read all the pages to not double and triple post stuff and everyone had to read all the pages to find an answer to a certain question. Also what marco said.

Not sure but maybe updating the OP in some sort of alphabetical order could be more helpful.
KiloJules is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #37
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoliani View Post
Do you lose tickets if you destroy your own FOB..? disable/demolish.
What if the commander does it?

If you just plop out a FOB, and don't build on it. It will disappear, will you lose tickets?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
No your team does not lose any tickets we've done that millions of times.

You do get some negative teamwork points but its not that important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoliani View Post
I was told by a commander not to set out markers on the map as it would be visible to the enemy, he told me to mark with the observation marker instead. I don't know what he was talking about and never had the chance to ask him again...

I guess the answer was already in this thread: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...ml#post1699311
They will not be visible to the enemy. There is no mechanism for that to happen. He was probably telling you not to place attack or move markers cause when you do that there is sound radio command which can be heard ( not seen ) by the enemy. But to hear it needs to be very close.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #38
Gracler

You identify an IFV for it being armored, having the ability to carry troops and carry several weapon systems including ATGM (Anti-Tank Guided missile)

These vehicles cost 10 ticket when lost putting them in the same class as tanks and attack helicopters.

Bradley (US) seat F7and F8 has a gun-port that doesn't require a crewman-kit pointed backwards
Puma (GER)
BMP3 (RUS and MEC) seat F7 and F8 has a gun port that doesn't require a crewman-kit pointed forward

You can pretend your dead by going prone...and drop your kit....and of-course don't move

"old trick" Press and hold X (countermeasure) while driving a regular 50cal Humvee will play the end credits from an episode of Generation kill
Last edited by Gracler; 06-22-2012 at 06:54 PM..
Old 06-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #39
Arnoldio
Banned

Every stance is applicable to different situations. Its about making sure that that is your best option at that given moment. If im a sniper, 500m away in a bush, i would have advantage by going prone because i would be harder to spot and harder to hit. Same goes if im cornered in and have no alternative cover, i go prone and try to defend for as long as possible. A different situation is if i have the chance to run around in such situation, im going to go crouch or even stand up so i can quickly check behind me and exploit different cover and also confuse enemies.

Another thing.
When using AR or DMR, please UNDEPLOY when relocating. (Obviously not on extra short distances like going from one window to another in a little room, where both animations would take more time than actually getting there.).
Proper way to do it is to position yourself and then deploy. When moving, first undeploy and then reposition. Deployed is only useful when not moving and undeployed gets you quicker sight in times, movement, turning speed and also responsivenes, while retaining the accuracy of other rifles.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #40
nicoX
Supporting Member

The deviation wont reset if you switch from your main gun to binoculars... and back again while you stand and don't reset it yourself by moving.
It will reset if you change clip on your gun.
Particular important for snipers/marksmen/grenadiers.
I could be wrong, will be testing it again...

nicoX is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dummies