project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #11
Shovel

Default Re: PR for Dummies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Exiled View Post
Why not? It's useful in long engagements.
No, it's not. Crouching is more accurate.

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #12
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NwA*Orford View Post
When being revived inside a house or next to a static move your mouse in a circular motion as fast as you can. Then when the medic goes to revive you the player model will pop out from being glitched into the static first time every time. Saves time trying to use the CPR hands to push you out before trying the revive.

No more "I cannot revive you your heads in a rock." etc
I didn't get this. When are you supposed to move your mouse in a circular motion as fast as you can? After you've been shot?
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #13
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
Use the "observe" marker in infiltration instead of other markers, the "observe" marker does not have a radio signal coming from the SquadLeader that enemy can hear.
Almost certain this was debunked ages ago, although I can't find the thread. I want to say it was some TG guys who tested it. Anyone else remember this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For Aiur
Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #14
Tarranauha200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
Use the "observe" marker in infiltration instead of other markers, the "observe" marker does not have a radio signal coming from the SquadLeader that enemy can hear.
This was tested and proven wrong long time ago.

I have some heli tips:
When getting locked in heli, point your nose first bit down and then bit up while releasing flares, this will make flares move away from you and avoid blast damage.

If you atk-heli that can do this and map with long enough view distance, 90 degree dives can be usefull when attacking AAs as they never aim directly above them.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #15
Spook
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Yep, enemies do not hear anything except the usual common rose commands.

Crouching is much better than going into prone. First of all you loose all of your accuracy if you go prone. Secondly you loose all your accuracy when you stand up again. Thirdly it takes much more time to get up and start sprinting when you are in prone.

This means if an enemy comes by, most of the time you are dead. Because you are too slow or do not hit him.

As far as i know you do not gain any accuracy if you go prone instead of crouching. It does not matter for sniper rifles for example, cause accuracy is the same for all positions. So why would you run around the map, see a guy somewhere and lie down, just to wait another 7 seconds to actually be able to hit him and then realize that he is already gone, instead of crouch, wait 2 sec and shoot him.

Always search some cover where you can stand up shooting, but be covered when you crouch. You do not loose any accuracy by crouching and standing up again.

As medic, always push a body before using epipen, if it is lying on a slant, like a mountain/hill. It is useless to try to get him up anyways, because it simply will not work. If he was shot 2 secs ago it might work, but shortly after that, the body freezes on its position and needs to be pushed into motion again. Also always aim for the waist, look in an angle of 90 degrees at the body and hold down your mouse button instead of simply clicking it when you use your epipen. Hold it down for atleast a second. I do not why, but if I follow all this steps, I succeed at the first try. Most of the time, not always, when I am in hurry and think: AH this is bullshit, the angle and the time i have to hold down the mouse button do not matter, I somehow fail. Sometimes it works, but I think the chance of being successful is higher when you do it.
Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #16
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Oh ok, didn't know the marker thing was debunked, I had some SMs cursing on me when I used normal markers

But yeah, prone can always be usefull to hide, for exemple behind a fallen tree trunk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #17
*NwA*Orford

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
I didn't get this. When are you supposed to move your mouse in a circular motion as fast as you can? After you've been shot?

When the medic sticks you with the epie pen. At the point the pen sticks you the game reads your position and you pop back to life. If your stuck in a surface or static moving the mouse as you get revived frees you from it. I was shown this by another player who couldn't revive me he asked me to move my mouse as fast as I could as if to make the player model to spin round and round, then he tried again as I did this and pop I was revived.
*NwA*Orford is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #18
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NwA*Orford View Post
When the medic sticks you with the epie pen. At the point the pen sticks you the game reads your position and you pop back to life. If your stuck in a surface or static moving the mouse as you get revived frees you from it. I was shown this by another player who couldn't revive me he asked me to move my mouse as fast as I could as if to make the player model to spin round and round, then he tried again as I did this and pop I was revived.
Cool. I'll definitely try that out.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #19
speedhound1-WYD-

afaik going prone has a few second deviation penalty yes but there is a bonus in accuracy for firing from that position, there certainly is with a deploy-able weapon (lmg dmr)

there is no deviation penalty for going from prone to crouch or standing.

MANPADS are equipped to most middle aged gamers whether they like it or not....
speedhound1-WYD- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #20
Cassius

Rushing straight for the flag or cache is neither tactical nor necessarily the best approach.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Cassius is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dummies